Princess Liquor Policy Question

kodiac

We have cruised on two other cruise lines and this shall be our first Princess cruise.

Could anyone tell me if it is true that we can purchase liquor on Princess and we can take it back to our cabin? I usually bring some drinks with us; however, if we can just purchase it from the gift store and bring it back to our cabin this will not be necessary.

Also, what are the prices of liquor onboard compared to back home in the states?

No, you can not purchase it from the gift shop to take back to your cabin. You can order it from room service though and have it delivered. If you have something in mind, I have a price list here and I can tell you what the charge is for it.

You can also do it online (kinda) by going to the Cruise Personalizer where you'll print an order form you can fax or mail for all kinds of liquor.

We ordered several bottles for our Caribbean Princess cruise earlier this month. When we arrived in our cabin it was not there so we called room service who sent down cards we needed to sign then they delivered it. I think that was to be sure it was not delivered to minors.

It was quite easy to do and I didn't think the prices were unreasonable.

On our April cruise we ordered a bottle of Capatin Morgans spiced rum for 22 $ .It was delivered to our room, and was for " in room consumption" ( although I know for a fact hubby slipped some into his thermal cup for the pool area)I personally enjoyed a rum and coke on our balcony every night before dinner!!

You know what?

I saw people doing just that with the CocaCola insulated things they sell on along with the Coke card stickers.

I bought one of those things on our Golden cruise last March and thought I really wasted my money because I could just go up to any bar and ask for my Diet Coke in any size I wanted. When I was done with it I could just set it down someplace and not have to lug around that dang insulated thing. I lamely carried it around for about half a day then decided it would be a treasured souvenier gift for somebody back home.

But it's just fine for dispensing liquor at poolside or even in one of the clubs.

I saw the list from another post too, but thank you. I am really surprised that the selection is so limited, particularly considering that this sales model means that they could keep most of the inventory at the pier.

$67 bucks for a case of cheap beer ($16.75x4). :eek: Ouch! At least they could offer something premium like Heinny. :D

I guess I'm stuck bringing Kahlua with me and ordering the Vodka. I'd rather it was the opposite since Kahlua doesn't come in plastic bottles, but I'm a trooper! :rolleyes: Or I suppose I could immediately launch a 'research project' for a new favorite drink... ;)

I really need to send Princess an email anyway, letting them know that if they run more than 2 weeks out of Galveston without obtaining Shiner Bock they may be in violation of Texas maritime laws. :D Have to add a note about Kahlua too!

Mike

You can also purchase a bottle of liquor from the main bar in the atrium area. The price was the same as on the Priincess price list, but you paid the 15% gratuity. It seemed that they would sell you any of the liquor that they had in stock.

• 6 years later...
You can also purchase a bottle of liquor from the main bar in the atrium area. The price was the same as on the Priincess price list, but you paid the 15% gratuity. It seemed that they would sell you any of the liquor that they had in stock.

for cabin consumption?

$67 bucks for a case of cheap beer ($16.75x4). :eek: Ouch! At least they could offer something premium like Heinny. :D

I wanted to have corona in the fridge in the cabin. DH habit of one cold corona after work... thought it would be nice. But oh well. Would they let you bring it onboard? I see no beer policy.

I guess the thing that I am curious about is the fact that they charge $22 for a .375 lt bottle of Bombay Blue Sapphire from room service and $22 for a 1 lt bottle of the same product in the gift shop...that's almost 3 times the price. Little wonder people sneak liquor aboard.

Question: What is the alcohol policy onboard Princess Cruises?

from

http://www.princess.com/faq/

Posted link quoted above has apparently been changed & didn't work for me.... This one did, then click on Alcohol Policy.

We are considering what would be our 1st Princess cruise so may be asking questions. This was one of them.:)

During a recent cruise, I saw a number of passengers purchasing alcohol in town during a port of call. They appeared to be putting it in their handbags, camera cases, etc and had no problem going through the scanner; no large bottles.

While Princess prohibits carrying alcohol and beer onboard, the rule is rarely enforced.

While Princess prohibits carrying alcohol and beer onboard, the rule is rarely enforced.

In my experience, in various carribbean ports of call -- like St. Martin

and St. Thomas, princess does try to prevent you from bring liquor

on board. They ask you to leave it with them, for delivery on the

last night.

Archived