~Calling all October Caribbean Cruisers!!~

raina*faith

I'm a new cruiser to Carnival and I haven't been to the caribbean in October, any suggestions on what the weather will be like or was this year in October? We went to Bermuda and it was warm (low 70s). Not as hot as I would have liked it to have been. Is it normally hot in the Carib year round?

Thanks in advance! :)

If that wasn't hot enough for ya go to the Southern Carribean!! HOT! HOT! HOT! Starts in San Juan onto St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba!

Low 90's with 70%+ humidity!

Went on the Destiny from Oct. 22-29, 2006.

I asked every tour guide what the norm was? They said that!

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Thanks a lot for the information! What about the "H" word? Has anyone encountered them? (in October?) :rolleyes:

October is prime Hurricane time. Sept/Oct are the months for the greatest chance of major Hurricanes.:eek:

Therefore, October is a crapshoot. My B-day is in October and I like to do an annual cruise to celebrate my b-day. However, I keep a close watch out for the weather predictions.

Anyway, Carnival is the most liberal in terms of cancellation/refunds/partial refunds/OBC's, etc. when caused by weather situations.:D

Go enjoy be happy!!!

We were on the Imagination October 19-23 this year and the weather was amazing. The CD admitted it was very unusual weather for this time of year, but worked out great. I would go again in a minute in the fall, but I'd make sure I had trip insurance just in case. The one thing I would do next time is book close to last minute. Airfare was 2/3 of what we paid in the two weeks prior to sailing, and the carnival price went significantly lower. I called my PVP many times and got down to $279 for an OV but could never get them to go lower even though during a sale the same rooms were offered at $209. Two couples from Florida sitting at our dining table both bought had OV for $149.

We did the Eastern Carrib this year (Grand Turk, Nassau & Halm Moon Cay) and the weather was great! Not in the 90's, but it was in the 80's and a nice breeze!

Last year we cruised between hurricanes (inspiration 10/15/05) and had great weather!

We were on the Imagination October 19-23 this year and the weather was amazing. The CD admitted it was very unusual weather for this time of year, but worked out great. I would go again in a minute in the fall, but I'd make sure I had trip insurance just in case. The one thing I would do next time is book close to last minute. Airfare was 2/3 of what we paid in the two weeks prior to sailing, and the carnival price went significantly lower. I called my PVP many times and got down to $279 for an OV but could never get them to go lower even though during a sale the same rooms were offered at $209. Two couples from Florida sitting at our dining table both bought had OV for $149.

Please remember that if you book at the last minute, you also risk not getting on the cruise. As for the different prices, the cruise lines all have specials for residents of specific states, specials for seniors, members of the military, veterans, even union members. A good TA can help you get the best possible rate on the day that you book.

Note that air prices dropped over the summer into the fall as the price of gas and jet fuel dropped. If you booked your airfare separately, and the airline later lowered its price, guess what, you don't get the refund from them either.

The cruiselines are getting more strict about changing the rate once you have made the booking. They are also starting to crack down on the tactic of cancelling and rebooking to get the lower rate. If they find that has been done, they reserve the right to reinstate the previous rate. Carnival just posted an updated policy for TAs on its TA-only website which restates that policy.

It is not surprising that the couple from FL had a great deal. If there are any vacant cabins the day of the sailing, they are often given to FL residents at very cheap rates, just to keep the ships full.

The bottom line is that you should book a cruise when you are sure you want to be on that specific sailing, there is space available, and you are happy with the price. If you happen to have a vigilant TA or PVP that finds and gets you a better deal later on, consider that a surprise bonus. Don't be upset if you later learned that someone else got a better deal than you. You might not even have qualified for the rate they were given. In fact you are better off not even asking what fellow passengers paid. Just enjoy your cruise!

Is this supposed to be a sarcastic remark ont hot!:rolleyes: Theres no reason to be rude or sarcastic just making a point and all in fun;) GEEZ chill out!:rolleyes:

I thought the 'H' word was hurricane :confused:

Anyway we just got back from E Caribbean on Triumph. Fabulous weather - sunshine every day except one (when in was part cloudy), 80s but with a nice breeze. Would definitely go this time of year again. Even tho it's 'H' word season. The only bad day was the day we got back to Miami - rain all day :(

I thought the 'H' word was hurricane :confused:

Anyway we just got back from E Caribbean on Triumph. Fabulous weather - sunshine every day except one (when in was part cloudy), 80s but with a nice breeze. Would definitely go this time of year again. Even tho it's 'H' word season. The only bad day was the day we got back to Miami - rain all day :(

Could be Hurricane and could be making fun of the Hot word used several times HUH! Could mean Hottern Hell! It wasnt made clear what they meant! So make that clear like you ever run into the "H" word-"Hurricane"! for example dont leave it open for interpertation! Wink!

Archived