Anyone have a handicapped cabin on Seabourn?

avalon1025

You might check your cabin # again........there is no 253. Could it be 232 or 234? Mother and I stayed in suite 232 exclusively, because of her walker. The location is the best on the ships! We loved the room.......

Have fun!

MB

Wellllll, I'll be! Suite 234 is my "brother's room!" hahaha Mother and I always had 232 and Joe had 234. Right by the elevator and the "lobby".......the only difference is it has a walk-in shower (no bathtub) and going into the bath, for some reason, it has a small step-up. The location, I think, is the best! I would certainly consider this "an upgrade".........very convenient!

MB

Unless you actually need the cabin due to disability, I would actually try to have your cabin changed if you like taking baths. This is particularly true as the Moulton bath products provided by your stewardess are wonderfully luxurious!

We also found that the shower curtain was too short, and water kept splashing onto the floor. No matter how hard they tried to fix the problem by changing shower curtains, the floor was always sopping wet.

Regards,

bldsld

Perhaps I am fond of the suites thinking and reflecting back to the many sailings my brother and Mother enjoyed so very much........such fond and special memories! I personally enjoy my "bubble baths" and would not enjoy the same suites now........I'm always up early, (by 7 am) enjoy having my coffee, THEN "the world famous luxurious" bath........

MB

Thanks everyone, I've e-mailed my Seabourn rep to see if there could be a cabin change as I love to take baths! ( I don't have a tub at home, modern construction!), so I really enjoy it on the ships! If not thank you for all the feedback, I feel better now that I know someone has been in those suites and they are OK. I had requested a tub in my original reservation, I guess they could not accommodate it (ship must be full!).

See you all onboard!

James

• 1 month later...

Our daughter has been upgraded to 234 and we are thrilled--my wife and I are in 231--just across the hall. For my daughter --I am going to send her up to the hot tub at the front of the ship. We booked a Classic Suite on one trip--it looks out on the hot tub on deck 5--hardly anybody used it, and it's just down the hall from your suite.:)

Avalon, just curious what date are you sailing on? We alos have a hadicapped suite and were thinking about changing it. but if the ship is very full we won't bother. How did you find out how full your ship was booked?

Sailing on the three night sampler as I have never sailed Seabourn before (just Silversea), I called the reservations line and was told the sailing was full. I guess I can check at the pier. So far I am not terribly impressed with Seabourn, for the price there is so much competition I would suggest they be a bit more accommodating to requests. I was told over and over, no problem, then sorry. I booked over a year ago for this. My next trip is on the Seven Seas Mariner and I am looking forward to seeing how they compare knowing the ships are different sizes. I hope onboard they will convert me, if not back to Silversea.

I just got a big fat NO from Seabourn about a cabin change (literally, no other explination that we have No other cabins on this sailing, one line). I can't wait to get onboard this ship, what a good feeling of customer service after paying $600 a night...sorry, need to vent.

Wellllll, I'll be! Suite 234 is my "brother's room!" hahaha Mother and I always had 232 and Joe had 234. Right by the elevator and the "lobby".......the only difference is it has a walk-in shower (no bathtub) and going into the bath, for some reason, it has a small step-up. The location, I think, is the best! I would certainly consider this "an upgrade".........very convenient!

MB

Martha is right. The location of this suite is awesome. My Mom was in it and I was right next door in 232 (Martha's room). We had been upgraded as well and tried to change to suites with bathtubs. However, the ship was full. Here's hoping that I get that bathtub when I go next Sept.!!

Tootyjane,

As you know get that suite assignment as soon as you book and make sure it has the tub. If you do a guarantee and hope for an upgrade you may get a higher suite category but may end up with no tub.

I vote for the tub in any category.

Just my opinion.

mcboo:):):)

P.S. Have been on of the same sailings with Martha B. and Momma when she was still with us. They need the hanicapped suite then.

Now I'm sure Martha B. enjoys her Moulton-Brown bath experience according to my poll.

Not to worry!As we have posted on this board several times in the past, Seabourn will take care of you. They know us better than we know ourselves! We have been upgraded many times and, often, it has turned out to be a "tubless" suite. (I am a total tubholic!) The shower is unbelievably huge and we have not "suffered" in the least! Try it and see how you feel. In our extensive Seabourn experience (forget about Silversea--we have been there twice and "done that"!) we have always been delightfully and pleasantly surprised. We anxiously look forward to our next Seabourn experience! Champagne wishes and caviar dreams! See you onboard!

Archived