looooong cruises

madhouseinc

I love to read what the priorities of others are when it comes to vacations!!

Our longest trip in one shot ( a cruise and our house in the Caribbean) was 24 days..I could have stayed longer but that yearning to check on things at home does take over!! We stay in a really remote area of the Virgin Islands..

Checking e-mail is a luxury!!

Yes, it is fun to learn people's preferences and their wish-lists.

Another one for many people is the vacation home. You're lucky to have one and I'm sure you love yours and have enjoyed wonderful times there.....and I hope you continue to do so.

But for me personally, that's another "no thanks". Everyone I know with a vacation home feels an understandable obligation to go and use it. Of course, if it were for investment purposes and we rented it out sometimes, that might be a different issue. But for me, I'd rather go to a new place, stay in a hotel where someone makes my bed daily and I don't look at a kitchen. I'd rather have a "Where should we go next?" attitude about vacations.

Though staying in a remote area with little email does sound nice! :)

My DH is not yet retired, but he just celebrated birthday #65! So, we have been vacationing a couple of times a year for roughly 2 1/2 weeks at a time. To celebrate his BIG BIRTHDAY, though, we went to Greece for a little over 3 weeks in May. We hope to do another 3 weeker in 2008. We were ready to come home after 3 weeks.

About vacation homes: I'm with you, Jane110 (what's the 110???). When I hear of friends shlepping groceries to the country on Friday and shlepping them back on Sunday...all I can say is that the country house is for the DH!!!

As for Florida, we are not in a position to spend much time in a condo, so it is not a consideration. When we do have time, we are still at the exploratory stage!!!

Everyone has different needs and different priorities. My DH says "Lemons, Limes & Liberace". Doesn't that give away our ages???

My DH is not yet retired, but he just celebrated birthday #65! So, we have been vacationing a couple of times a year for roughly 2 1/2 weeks at a time. To celebrate his BIG BIRTHDAY, though, we went to Greece for a little over 3 weeks in May. We hope to do another 3 weeker in 2008. We were ready to come home after 3 weeks.

What a great trip! Agreed, after 3 weeks, get me home!

About vacation homes: I'm with you, Jane110 (what's the 110???). When I hear of friends shlepping groceries to the country on Friday and shlepping them back on Sunday...all I can say is that the country house is for the DH!!!

LOL!!! I know friends who do the weekly weekend schlep too.

110 is my b'day. What's babylene stand for?

My DH says "Lemons, Limes & Liberace". Doesn't that give away our ages???

Though of course I know who Liberace is, I've never heard that expression. I'm not quite sure what it means though????

1) How do you highlight Part of a quote?

2)Babylene..my grown-up nephew couldn't say my name when he was little, so he called me Auntie Lene. DH changed it to Babylene!

Lemons, lime & Liberace...just means...to each his own...chacqu'un a son gout..everyone likes something different.

1) How do you highlight Part of a quote?

2)Babylene..my grown-up nephew couldn't say my name when he was little, so he called me Auntie Lene. DH changed it to Babylene!

Lemons, lime & Liberace...just means...to each his own...chacqu'un a son gout..everyone likes something different.

The post you're replying to has the word "quote" in the lower right hand corner. Hit that, as opposed to the "post reply" on the left side.

You'll see a [ before the start of every quote and then a [/ at the end.

That's code which tells the computer to start and stop putting the wanted phrase in quotes. I can't finish them, because then it'll be in quotes. :) But when you hit "quote" you'll see it around my words.

I hope I'm being clear.

Chac'un a son Liberace! :D

My DH's idea of "perfection" is his house. Now, if only I could totally agree, we'd have much more money.:rolleyes: He'll go along, but would much rather be around his kitties and grands.

Since I retired two years ago at 51, I really enjoy being home. DH still works (46).

Sitting outside, cooking on the grill, making long, leisurely dinners, having the option of not going out if the weather is too cold or too hot. Get up early or sleep late. I love it. I can make a day of doing nothing.

I'll tell my husband that and he'll say.."then why do you keep booking trips??!!"

"Because I can.!!"

It is interesting to know what other's priorities are for vacations!!!!

The post you're replying to has the word "quote" in the lower right hand corner. Hit that, as opposed to the "post reply" on the left side.

You'll see a [ before the start of every quote and then a [/ at the end.

That's code which tells the computer to start and stop putting the wanted phrase in quotes. I can't finish them, because then it'll be in quotes. :) But when you hit "quote" you'll see it around my words.

I hope I'm being clear.

Chac'un a son Liberace! :D

Now, suppose I wish to quote only part of this, how to I manipulate those quote signs? Thanks

Archived