Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

I'm not saying that we would let her, but our fourteen year old has expressed an interest in parasailing. Is that an option on Passion Island?

Hey, no they don't do that on PI. But, it is offered at every pier. You will see vendors with signs. Just do your beach day, and then come back a bit early to para sail. If you wait until later in the afternoon, you can haggle for a better price.

WOW! This really saddens me on so-o-o many levels! Evidently, Carnival has realized that their guests can get a better deal booking independently and feels the pressure. What better way to fight back is there than to wipe out the competition. Hopefully, Carnival will soon realize that we have brains too - and we know what they are up to. I think I pay enough for the cruise experience as it is, and shouldn't be obligated to purchasing the excursions that my family wants solely through the cruise line too! I am also hoping that in time, Carnival will realize that their customer's satisfaction is their ultimate goal, and they are getting in the way of us achieving that goal.

Sounds like we all need to start writing letters to Carnival........

Hey Kim, i hated to hear this as well. I emailed Carrie about our day in October and she told me that hopefully they will have something new worked out by then. Not sure what's going on but I really hope they get it all worked out.

Hey Kim, i hated to hear this as well. I emailed Carrie about our day in October and she told me that hopefully they will have something new worked out by then. Not sure what's going on but I really hope they get it all worked out.

letsgocruz......

I have had several emails back & forth with Carrie since I became aware of the situation the other day. Yesterday, she told me that she was exploring other islands to take her Twister passengers to (her other tours to Passion Island are unaffected). This afternoon, she informed me that after hours of negotiations...she is finally able to offer the Twister to Passion Island again, but the cost has risen to $80pp. (We do not know when the new price will take effect though).

I am disgusted with the way that Carnival is trying to monopolize the tourism trade and their passengers...and am trying to "cool off" before writing a letter to Carnival about this situation. Being a shareholder, I have to ask myself (and them) "Are they really performing in the company's best interests by denying their passengers the freedom of choosing their own excursions?" I have a good feeling that their customer ratings will eventually fall sharply as a result. I have cruised the Caribbean (eastern & western) enough to know which islands I prefer to visit...and, while I will truly miss the thrill of being on a ship... my future vacations will be "land-based" at one of those wonderful, tropical island All-Inclusive resort locations. ;)

This news blows me away... it really is sad what companies will do for more money. But of course this will not keep us from going to Passion.. It is too much of a awesome vacation adventure to keep us away and will continue to use Carrie!!

Hi Tina....

I agree....Passion Island is one of those "do not miss" places!! No matter how you get there, it is a wonderfully secluded stretch of Paradise. Whenever you are going to be in that area...make sure you write to Carrie at tourcozumel(at)hotmail(dot)com. She will let you know what tours she has available and will do her best to make sure your day in Coz is memorable. I sincerely wish that MORE businesses would follow her example!!

letsgocruz......

I have had several emails back & forth with Carrie since I became aware of the situation the other day. Yesterday, she told me that she was exploring other islands to take her Twister passengers to (her other tours to Passion Island are unaffected). This afternoon, she informed me that after hours of negotiations...she is finally able to offer the Twister to Passion Island again, but the cost has risen to $80pp. (We do not know when the new price will take effect though).

I am disgusted with the way that Carnival is trying to monopolize the tourism trade and their passengers...and am trying to "cool off" before writing a letter to Carnival about this situation. Being a shareholder, I have to ask myself (and them) "Are they really performing in the company's best interests by denying their passengers the freedom of choosing their own excursions?" I have a good feeling that their customer ratings will eventually fall sharply as a result. I have cruised the Caribbean (eastern & western) enough to know which islands I prefer to visit...and, while I will truly miss the thrill of being on a ship... my future vacations will be "land-based" at one of those wonderful, tropical island All-Inclusive resort locations. ;)

Hi Kim, thanks for the update! I hope that this will continue to work itself out. And, a letter is a very good idea.

Hi Tina....

I agree....Passion Island is one of those "do not miss" places!! No matter how you get there, it is a wonderfully secluded stretch of Paradise. Whenever you are going to be in that area...make sure you write to Carrie at tourcozumel(at)hotmail(dot)com. She will let you know what tours she has available and will do her best to make sure your day in Coz is memorable. I sincerely wish that MORE businesses would follow her example!!

I agree, I'm really glad that she can now offer the twister, she also emailed me and said that the tour prices would be going up due to transportation costs, but indicated that the hours on the island have been extended.

I agree, I'm really glad that she can now offer the twister, she also emailed me and said that the tour prices would be going up due to transportation costs, but indicated that the hours on the island have been extended.

Well, I wouldn't mind paying more to get to stay all day. That would be awesome!

One reason I'm not going to Passion when I go to Cozumel in July is because we don't arrive until 1:00. I will have my children with me. I want them to be able to eat dinner when we return to the ship. So, we're just planning on going to Mr. Sancho's to relax for a couple of hours, and maybe eat a snack. If we were getting there early in the morning I'd go in a heartbeat. I really love that place!

One reason I'm not going to Passion when I go to Cozumel in July is because we don't arrive until 1:00. I will have my children with me. I want them to be able to eat dinner when we return to the ship. So, we're just planning on going to Mr. Sancho's to relax for a couple of hours, and maybe eat a snack. If we were getting there early in the morning I'd go in a heartbeat. I really love that place!

Just wanted to give you a head's up that Mr. Sancho's doesn't have much of a beach. It's pretty narrow, and just IMO the place was pretty ran down. I have never posted anything negative about it, but I don't want your kids to be disappointed. mine didn't care for it, or the sand (its that coarse type).

I read somewhere that PI has extended their hours to accommodate those 1pm arrivals if that's something you are interested in. My problem is that I want to see and do it all and just don't have enough time!

Actually, my kids are weird. When we were at Nachi they played in the pool more than the beach. So, that's why I was thinking of Mr. Sancho's. There's no way we can do an AI because we won't be able to eat dinner on the ship. I'll probably have the girls eat lunch on the ship. I'll eat something from where ever we end up. (I'm sure the girls will share some with me.)

Actually, my kids are weird. When we were at Nachi they played in the pool more than the beach. So, that's why I was thinking of Mr. Sancho's. There's no way we can do an AI because we won't be able to eat dinner on the ship. I'll probably have the girls eat lunch on the ship. I'll eat something from where ever we end up. (I'm sure the girls will share some with me.)

LOL I guess mine are weird too as they really enjoyed the pool at Nachi as well. :) They like having both the beach and a pool available to them. Have a great day in Cozumel. I can't wait to go back!

We took pictures with 2 different cameras. They are my boyfriend's cameras. The water one is a Sanyo. The other one is a Sony. I hope that helps.

Hey, thanks for an excellent review! I am looking at booking the Legend for next summer, and that decision stemmed from yours and CaribbeanKim's review and photos! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Hey, thanks for an excellent review! I am looking at booking the Legend for next summer, and that decision stemmed from yours and CaribbeanKim's review and photos! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

I'm glad that my review helped you make your decision! You will love the ship. She's awesome!

Mom I too enjoyed your review of the Legend as well as Passion! I loved the pics, AWESOME!!! I am so looking forward to going back to Passion Island and just chillin!! Glad you had a great time

Tina

Hey Tina, I've been trying to get in touch w/you but I know you've been working a lot lately. We need to make travel plans! I've emailed Carrie to ask about prices and if she has any sales going on. Let me know if you are ready to book!

what is this called under carnival excursions now?

Hi Yummykaz....

You can find this tour on Carnival's site. It is listed as "Isla Pasion by Twister". If you are already booked on a cruise, it will let you know the price of the tour; otherwise, it will just give you a generic description and price icon. Hope this info helps. ;)

Hi Yummykaz....

You can find this tour on Carnival's site. It is listed as "Isla Pasion by Twister". If you are already booked on a cruise, it will let you know the price of the tour; otherwise, it will just give you a generic description and price icon. Hope this info helps. ;)

Thats correct, but depending on the sailing its 82-86 per person. I'm not sure what Carrie is charging try emailing her at tourcozumel at hotmail dot com.

what is this called under carnival excursions now?

You do what you are comfortable with, but honestly you may want to check into doing this privately. We went with ***** and one of the main reasons is that if you do their Beach Adventure VIP tour, (cab/ferry to island) you get to stay ALL day vs 3 hrs with ship tour. You can go/leave at whatever time you decide is right for you. I can't help it; I love the place and loved getting to stay as long as I wished :)

Archived