Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

We went to Paradise. Quite nice, not crowded. Worked out great.

No regrets in booking with Carrie. She has gone over and above resolving the issue we encountered.

As with anything, you should have a plan B. We rolled thru with no problems.

We should have made a quick try to call Carrie's contact ourselves but did not. I am sure Carrie will give you a more detailed contact meeting place and other info. All should be just fine.

My issue mentioned above has received a prompt and full refund plus concession. I am quite grateful to Carrie for her professional response.

I suspect my issue was to have tried checking in with my booking confirmation with someone not officially connected to Passion Island and/or perhaps more specifically tourcozmel dot net.

If that turns out to be the case, then my advice would be to further define/confirm the proper meeting place "in the mall".

I am curious to read about folks taking this tour in the coming weeks.

Hey thats great glad you got your situation resolved, I did not encounter anything like that on my visit but there were alot of vendors trying to push thier respective beach clubs or excursions.

Hey thats great glad you got your situation resolved, I did not encounter anything like that on my visit but there were alot of vendors trying to push thier respective beach clubs or excursions.

LOL Yeah i think the next time I go, I will make my own sign to hold up that says "No need to approach me, I already have a tour booked." :p

I have recently had the same experience with Carrie and Passion Island. Prepaid reservation for 2 that was not honored for August 7th. Still waiting for refund after many emails.

I would email again, personally i would not try and complain if you made contact and they agreed to a refund that you should post such a comment before 30 days.

I would like to have more info... I was going to reserve the VIP for sept tonight, but after reading thease post we are VERY hesitant to book. I would book this thru the ship but it is no longer available.(No twister for me I would be sick!) We went to passion island last Sept and have been so looking forward to going back.

What to do??

I would like to have more info... I was going to reserve the VIP for sept tonight, but after reading thease post we are VERY hesitant to book. I would book this thru the ship but it is no longer available.(No twister for me I would be sick!) We went to passion island last Sept and have been so looking forward to going back.

What to do??

Demos, I have used Carrie twice, excelent service both times and one was recent. I think if you care to read back the issue may be related to the twister and not the other tours.

Demos, I have used Carrie twice, excelent service both times and one was recent. I think if you care to read back the issue may be related to the twister and not the other tours.

From what I read dna1990 was waiting for a response from Carrie reguarding the VIP tour. Post # 820

From what I read dna1990 was waiting for a response from Carrie reguarding the VIP tour. Post # 820

If you'd look at post # 823 you would see that dna was issued a full refund + more. He also further stated :

I suspect my issue was to have tried checking in with my booking confirmation with someone not officially connected to Passion Island and/or perhaps more specifically tourcozmel dot net.

Further, if you research this board, you will see that Carrie had to deny several bookings due to the owners making an agreement w/Carnival to give them exclusive rights to sell the Twister excursion. I am not sure if this has changed or not. So maybe this has something to do with the mix-ups???

If you'd look at post # 823 you would see that dna was issued a full refund + more. He also further stated :

Further, if you research this board, you will see that Carrie had to deny several bookings due to the owners making an agreement w/Carnival to give them exclusive rights to sell the Twister excursion. I am not sure if this has changed or not. So maybe this has something to do with the mix-ups???

Yes I did read that he had been fully refunded, that was not my issue. I do not want to recomend and book a group of 33 people for an excursion that MAY not happen. I have been reading this post for months and am very aware of the conflict with the twister. My concern is booking the VIP. Thanks for your help though......:)

Yes I did read that he had been fully refunded, that was not my issue. I do not want to recomend and book a group of 33 people for an excursion that MAY not happen. I have been reading this post for months and am very aware of the conflict with the twister. My concern is booking the VIP. Thanks for your help though......:)

I do apologize; I didn't realize what you were getting at was VIP vs Twister related. I also wanted to tell you that I did not mean for my post to sound snippy. I reread it just now and it sounded that way, but it really wasn't my intention to sound like a smart aleck (sp). :(

We did use Carrie just this past June and had great results. We were in a taxi within apprx. 30 seconds of meeting up w/the tour guide.

I understand your concerns. 33 people is a big group and everything needs to go off without a hitch. All I can say is, I would book w/her again in a minute if I wanted to go to PI. She went above and beyond for me by arranging a tour for the very next day when we were rerouted.

I know that she is just a little fish in a big pond and is trying her very best. But you do what YOU are comfortable with. Anyhoo...best wishes for a great day in Cozumel!!

I think that even though I and others have received full refunds, it is something to be timely posted about in forums like these. The complaint is not about the loss of money, but that we missed out on a great day at PI.

Until I saw post evidence that tours were no longer running into issues, I too would be hesitant on booking a large group. That being said, please give Carrie a chance to convince you all is well when you work with her on a quote.

Personally if there is posts stating refunds is a sign that the problem is not with Carrie. As DNA said contact her regarding any question you may have. She is always very responsive and it seems the problems my not solely rest in her hands. You can look back and see that there are very few complaints about this happening, and evryone that has complained has recieved a full refund. I have emailed this thread to her so she may shed some light on what is happening or what can happen. Another great tool is when your looking at a negative post is to look at post history, more often than not complainers or posting about evrything to do with there cruise. Sh ealso has several other options available if passsion is not your thing.

Wanted to update my last post....I HAVE heard back from Carrie and she will be issuing a full refund for the excursion. To clarify..we were able to get on to Passion Island (which is absolutley breathtaking!) we were just unable to take the Twister, partake from the open bar, and our time on the Island was cut very short. Yes, we were disappointed in this, but am pleased that Carrie is honoring her word and giving us a FULL refund. Thank you, Carrie!. Passion Island is a wonderful beach!

[/color]

I booked with Carrie after the initial reports that those sailing on Carnival would not be able to do so. Below is her reply to me that everyting has indeed been resolved. She has been very professional and accomodating and we are confident that there will be no problems with out day at Isla Passion. I'm sure, for those that have questions and concerns, she will be more than happy to ease your fears if you will email her.

Sharon

From Carrie:

Sharon,

The twister is available to book, there was a short period of time when Carnival tried to block the tour from anyone. Wednesdays booking normally fill up very fast as it is the busiest day of the week as far as ships in port, so I would recommend booking as soon as possible to reserve your space on the boat. Cost of the tour is $65 usd per person and lasts around 5-5.5 hours.

Thank you!!

Carrie Jordan

[/color]

I booked with Carrie after the initial reports that those sailing on Carnival would not be able to do so. Below is her reply to me that everyting has indeed been resolved. She has been very professional and accomodating and we are confident that there will be no problems with out day at Isla Passion. I'm sure, for those that have questions and concerns, she will be more than happy to ease your fears if you will email her.

Sharon

From Carrie:

Sharon,

The twister is available to book, there was a short period of time when Carnival tried to block the tour from anyone. Wednesdays booking normally fill up very fast as it is the busiest day of the week as far as ships in port, so I would recommend booking as soon as possible to reserve your space on the boat. Cost of the tour is $65 usd per person and lasts around 5-5.5 hours.

Thank you!!

Carrie Jordan

Wow that's awesome that she can take bookings again! Is that a sale price she quoted you? I thought they had went up but maybe not??? I have had great luck with her and wouldn't hesitate to use her again.

We've been to Passion Island several times. The worst part of the trip is the road leading to the ferry over to the island. Did they ever repair the road?Our last trip we went in a taxi, it was not very nice. I would still return to Passion Island if the road was fixed or not!

We've been to Passion Island several times. The worst part of the trip is the road leading to the ferry over to the island. Did they ever repair the road?Our last trip we went in a taxi, it was not very nice. I would still return to Passion Island if the road was fixed or not!

Not sure of when you were there last, but I know in June they were working on the road, and it wasnt all that bad. Like any dirt road anywhere in can and will get a little bumpy at times due to weather and such. They did mention something about running the catameran from the downtown dock all the way to the island, but unsure if that has started yet.

I went in April and the road was very rough. Then went back in June and it had improved quite a bit. Still not perfect, but definitely much better and I wouldn't let it deter my decision at all!

Our family went to Isla de Pasion on the Twister this past June. We contacted Carrie in April and she went the extra mile to set everything up for us! Cozumel wound up being the highlight of our cruise. I could go on & on about our day there...but you'd really have to experience it for yourself to appreciate it. If you are looking for a postcard perfect island that's secluded and provides everything - you owe it to yourself to check it out!!!

Our family went to Isla de Pasion on the Twister this past June. We contacted Carrie in April and she went the extra mile to set everything up for us! Cozumel wound up being the highlight of our cruise. I could go on & on about our day there...but you'd really have to experience it for yourself to appreciate it. If you are looking for a postcard perfect island that's secluded and provides everything - you owe it to yourself to check it out!!!

Kim, I was there the same day as you; still wish I could have figured out who you were. Anyway, I totally agree with your assessment of the place; it is "picture perfect". And Carrie has went above and beyond both times I've used her, in fact we still communicate via email every now and then. She is a wealth of info on Cozumel, too.

Are you planning any land vacations, particularly one in Cozumel? We would like to go the week before Christmas but airfare is just way too much right now.

Kim, I was there the same day as you; still wish I could have figured out who you were. Anyway, I totally agree with your assessment of the place; it is "picture perfect". And Carrie has went above and beyond both times I've used her, in fact we still communicate via email every now and then. She is a wealth of info on Cozumel, too.

Are you planning any land vacations, particularly one in Cozumel? We would like to go the week before Christmas but airfare is just way too much right now.

letsgocruz1,

I don't think I can say enough great things about Carrie and Passion Island! I think she is the most friendly, out-going and professional person I have ever encountered in the tourism trade...and look forward to doing business with them again as soon as possible. She still sends occassional emails and photos to me too, along with upcoming ''specials''.

We are wanting to plan a land vacation to Coz, but it won't be until next spring/summer most likely. We would like to stay there for at least a week, and plan to seek Carrie's advice on activities in the area, including another day at Passion Island. She has already provided some resorts in the area for us to look over.

It's too bad we never got together on the island that day! We were all sitting on the beach in front of the massage tent for a long time, then met ''LoLa-in-Ga'' (Laurie & Dennis and their boys) , and moved to the large shaded palapa next to the tent (and between the pavillion, so the guys could run back and forth for all those free drinks)!

IT WAS A GREAT DAY ON A GREAT CRUISE WASN'T IT!!

For those who booked the VIP tour through Tour Cozumel, who did you tip while on this excursion? Did you tip the taxi each way? Bartenders, guides, etc.?

I have done the tour, and personally tipping is the same as it is here in the states. If you feel that someone went over and above then you tip as you feel they deserve.

Archived