Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

the only thing that keeping me from sealing the deal on passion island is the buffet. I kind of want Mexican food at the place I go to. does anyone know of a good all-inclusive with mexican food ? buffet ?

It is Mexican buffet food and very good, Mayan barbeque chicken, rice, grilled fish, salad, fresh vegetables, guacamole, fresh fruits, sweet breads, chips, salsa, soft drinks, beer, tequila sunrise, run punch & margaritas.

It was the best lunch i have had on an excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to know about Passion Island booked on Enchantment of the Seas as well.

We went last year via a Princess Cruise excursion on the Twister and the year before by bus. A catamaran sounds fun but wondering if RCCL offers the excursion by bus as well? I didn't see it offered on their website, only by catamaran, but some in our party might not be up for the catamaran ride.

It is a beautiful island and one of my all-time favorite places to visit. I really want my non-catamaran loving friends to enjoy it too.

Thanks in advance!

Passion Island is WONDERFUL, the highlight of our 10/2006 Mariner of the Seas cruise. We are going on Carnival Glory this October and the only reason is that it goes to Cozumel so we can go back to Passion Island. Laying on the beach and a man brings you buckets of Corona beer...you can't beat it!

• 5 months later...

Hi all: We'd like to include an excursion to Passion Island on our upcoming Liberty of the Seas cruise.

Some in my group aren't up for the Twister boat ride, so we'd like to book the "Passion Island Escape by Catamaran - CZ20". I have read some posts that a lengthy taxi/bus ride to the catamaran dock is required and some that said the catamaran leaves from the cruise terminal. Can anyone shed some light on this and how long the trip is?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

My husband and I have been to Cozumel twice and both times visited Nachi. While I love Nachi and would DEFINATELY go back, we were looking for something different - maybe.

Has anyone recently booked the passion island excursion through CCL via the catamaran or twister? I believe they are the same except the method of getting there, which results in approximately $30pp difference.

For those who have done both (Nachi & passion island), please give your opinion how the food and drinks compare. At Nachi you can order any drink you want and get it. How about at Passion Island? I have heard that outside of domestic beer the only other alcohol is rum punch. Is this true or are you able to get a variety of mixed drinks? I love the food at Nachi.

ginag...See you in December! Please look for me at the pier.

pezel...September is almost here! The countdown is ticking down quickly. Will check with boss about website update for you.

boo's mom...there are several all inclusives that are nice and offer day passes - Presidente, Occidental (sp?) and Melia are just a few. Prices vary but are in the range of $60-100 I believe.

mfinn...Passion Island is just available for cruisers (Carnival, Celebrity, Princess and Royal Carib right now...others in high season). You can't get there any other way. Now, back in the olden days it was another story.

bigmacfan...I understand that our tour will not fit the needs and desires of everyone but I do hope that you had alittle fun and enjoyed at least part of your day on Passion Island. It is a beautiful place isn't it?

Well...it's off to work!

Anyone, cruiser or not can go to Passion Island. People who stay in hotels go there too. Cozumel Water Sports offers it for $60.00 per person.

My husband and I have been to Cozumel twice and both times visited Nachi. While I love Nachi and would DEFINATELY go back, we were looking for something different - maybe.

Has anyone recently booked the passion island excursion through CCL via the catamaran or twister? I believe they are the same except the method of getting there, which results in approximately $30pp difference.

For those who have done both (Nachi & passion island), please give your opinion how the food and drinks compare. At Nachi you can order any drink you want and get it. How about at Passion Island? I have heard that outside of domestic beer the only other alcohol is rum punch. Is this true or are you able to get a variety of mixed drinks? I love the food at Nachi.

Someone who's doing a review on the main boards, just went there via cateraman, post #24: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1397354

I had thought about going there, but changed my mind to Mr. Sanchos and I'm glad that I did. I was at Nachi's Dec09 and it was OK. Our server went MIA, so I stayed at the pool, using the swim up bar. The food was very good.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

anyone know if only way to get to Passion Island is through a pre-arranged tour, all of which seem to be all-inclusives? would prefer not to be on AI plan, but can't seem to find any co. that offers transport only and "entrance fee" - anyone know of a co. that offers non-AI plan to PI? assume easy enough to do DIY (land taxi to Bahia Ciega, then water taxi to island), but can you then buy food and drinks "a la carte" on PI? and same with water taxi, can you pay right there when you get on?

going via land taxi to Bahia Ciega, then water taxi to island - how much time should we allow? do water taxis run frequently/any set schedule? are land taxis readily available from bahia ciega back to cruiseship terminal? doesn't matter too much getting there, but does for return!

have heard that land taxi fm intl pier to water taxi is approx. $25 each way - is this correct? may be that land taxi fare + water taxi = AI rate/pp - that's really what I'm trying to find out... appreciate your help - thanks!

• 4 months later...
I am unaware that you can do a Passion Island excursion outside of a cruise...does anyone know different? It's been awhile (years) since I was last there, so I am working on old informational experience...LOL!

Just returned from Valor 12/4 sailing, and a catamaran sail to Passion Island. Basic, tasty food, plenty to drink, very wide, long beach. Much less crowded than Nachi or Mr Santos. However, the loungers at Nachi are better than the plastic recliners at Passion Island. It is a 45 min sail to Passion Island instead of a 15 min taxi ride to Nachi.

1333200174_ValorDec2011073.jpg.80122bdc8b4f3709548d77ad24964202.jpg

188144024_ValorDec2011074.jpg.ff52df3143e05d2c1f433c146e6731fe.jpg

54982655_ValorDec2011075.jpg.2a59f8ba13ec06026b8858e8df0f102a.jpg

1319690677_ValorDec2011076.jpg.95b3996e9469766bcf20bedfe6b27522.jpg

we've been dying to go to Passion Island again but not had the chance o previous trips, but we'll be there again in March on the Carnival Valor, so now is our chance! we were going to book with Carnival, but I've just seen it advertised on another site I used before http://www.thisiscozumel.com it's a lot cheap for groups so I'm giving it a try and will let you know how it turns out!!

Archived