Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

Thanks everyone, I was all set to try Xcaret or Chankanaab until I started reading about Passion Island. ;)

Has anyone here also tried the other two? Especially the "under ground river" at Xcaret, that just sounds really cool.

But now I am leaning more toward Passion. We'll be there in February. Will I be running into cool water?

I would do the park (Chankanaab ) if you have not do so. Are you taking your kids? If you are then do the dolphin swim.

You can go to their web site, and check it out.

I would do the park (Chankanaab ) if you have not do so. Are you taking your kids? If you are then do the dolphin swim.

Are you kidding me, my idea of a beach is not a cement pad covered with sand. Please if pleople are looking for a beach don't suggest first thing that comes to mind.

There is certainly plenty of sand at Chankanaab with many more sights and activities than you will find on Passion Island.

Great photos BTW! Is there a real "beach" there? I like to be able to wade into the water. Or is it mostly for those who want to snorkel? What is the cost to get in? Thanks!

There is certainly plenty of sand at Chankanaab with many more sights and activities than you will find on Passion Island.

Great photos BTW! Is there a real "beach" there? I like to be able to wade into the water. Or is it mostly for those who want to snorkel? What is the cost to get in? Thanks!

Thank you. Not sure what you mean by "real" beach. The beach IS man-made (trucked in sand). It is a very nice state park.

http://www.cozumelparks.com/

There is a small beach where you can wade in:

IMG_5798.JPG

There aren't water toys like you might find at Paradise Beach.

There are a number of admission options and discount coupons available, but undiscouted rate for adults was $16.

For lots of pictures from Chankanaab:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/fantasy_07/coz/coz2.htm

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/fantasy_07/coz/coz3.htm

Note on the pictures: there are usually lots of palapas for shade, however they had taken the tops down because it was thought a hurricane might be hitting Cozumel.

If memory serves the beach at Chank is on a "lagoon" not oceanfront. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I loved Chankanaub. The snorkel area is rocky, no sandy beach there, but I found it to be beautiful. But, I've grown up visiting the most beautiful white sandy beaches in the world on the Alabama Panhandle and Gulf Coast of Florida. So, maybe a white sandy beach isn't so important to me. We've planned our visit through TourCozumel to Isle de pasion for this October. In my humble opinion, I think both Chank and Pasion Isle are great excursions and though each are different, they are each beautiful in their own way!

Donna

Chank has a lagoon within, but is on the same "ocean" as PB and Passion Island.

The "good" sand is on the other side of the island from all of them, but the swimming can be hazardous to your health.

Yes, thanks, I was referring to the "sandy beach" picture of Chank. The "beach" looking out over the ocean was very pretty, I remember sand but I'm sure it was brought in and the shore was a rock ledge. Beautiful, still. We spent some time in the hammocks and the view was just to die for. We also had one of the staff from the dive shop give us a personal tour of the gardens (the beach was closed due to rough water) and that was so much fun!

Donna

s-chankanaab-park05.jpg.27d87387b5d69f6a8df0be4b740426bb.jpg

cruise4.jpg.1c3badce314918b452db085e88da3892.jpg

Yes the kids are going. But we've done a dolphin swim 3 times already and just swam with stingrays 2 weeks ago. :D

So I was looking for something a little less adventurous...lol.

So Passion Island is a true beach, lots of sand, looks like pure heaven. ;)

But Chankanaab is nice too! Decisions, decisions

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Yes the kids are going. But we've done a dolphin swim 3 times already and just swam with stingrays 2 weeks ago. :D

So I was looking for something a little less adventurous...lol.

So Passion Island is a true beach, lots of sand, looks like pure heaven. ;)

But Chankanaab is nice too! Decisions, decisions

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Two entirely different places. Passion alows you to walk into the water and is nice soft sand entrance. If your looking for a lazy day that would be my choice.

If memory serves the beach at Chank is on a "lagoon" not oceanfront. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I loved Chankanaub. The snorkel area is rocky, no sandy beach there, but I found it to be beautiful. But, I've grown up visiting the most beautiful white sandy beaches in the world on the Alabama Panhandle and Gulf Coast of Florida. So, maybe a white sandy beach isn't so important to me. We've planned our visit through TourCozumel to Isle de pasion for this October. In my humble opinion, I think both Chank and Pasion Isle are great excursions and though each are different, they are each beautiful in their own way!

Donna

Oh I love the gulf coast beaches. IMO they are the only ones in southeast that can rival the Caribbean beaches. We were in Destin a year ago and had great weather; the water was the prettiest I have ever seen it, VERY clear, not a piece of seaweed in sight!

I really like passion Isle and yes the sand is so white and soft. It is a paradise for sure! Hey enjoy your day on PI and be sure to give us a review when you return!

Oh I love the gulf coast beaches. IMO they are the only ones in southeast that can rival the Caribbean beaches. We were in Destin a year ago and had great weather; the water was the prettiest I have ever seen it, VERY clear, not a piece of seaweed in sight!

I really like passion Isle and yes the sand is so white and soft. It is a paradise for sure! Hey enjoy your day on PI and be sure to give us a review when you return!

Thanks, will be sure to do a review. I love our beaches but I always seem to go during seaweed and jellyfish weather..lol!

Donna

From the name "Passion Island" I would think this beach club is a very adult place. Am I wrong? Looking for a good beach resort for two families w/children ranging in ages from 2-9. Having kayaks is very important. Thanks. :rolleyes:

From the name "Passion Island" I would think this beach club is a very adult place. Am I wrong? Looking for a good beach resort for two families w/children ranging in ages from 2-9. Having kayaks is very important. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Actually they have alot of activities for children such as a playground, water trampoline, land trampoline, paddle boats, kayaks, and organized activities. A page or two back another poster spoke highly of how well her children were treated.

I have been reading some of the post about Passion Island I beleive it is called. I will be in Cozumel on the 20th of October. Can anyone recommend a nice place to take the family. Hammocks would be nice for me and my wife. But a nice lounger and umbrella would do. My daugther is 11 and my son is 8. Oh what would the cost be per person. I will be cruising on the Carnaval Glory.

I checked their excursions. And they do not offer any beach excursions.

Thank you in advance for the recommendations.

I have been reading some of the post about Passion Island I beleive it is called. I will be in Cozumel on the 20th of October. Can anyone recommend a nice place to take the family. Hammocks would be nice for me and my wife. But a nice lounger and umbrella would do. My daugther is 11 and my son is 8. Oh what would the cost be per person. I will be cruising on the Carnaval Glory.

I checked their excursions. And they do not offer any beach excursions.

Thank you in advance for the recommendations.

I Think it would fit your needs email carrie at tourcozumel dot net for information and prices.

• 4 weeks later...

We'll be going to Passion Island and we booked through TourCozumel dot net but our ship (NOS) will be docking at the International pier which i understand is a couple of miles from the Punta Langosta Mall (where we were told to meet our guide).

1. Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost to get there? (approx)
  2. Can we walk?
  3. Would we want to walk? :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

We'll be going to Passion Island and we booked through TourCozumel dot net but our ship (NOS) will be docking at the International pier which i understand is a couple of miles from the Punta Langosta Mall (where we were told to meet our guide).

1. Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost to get there? (approx)
  2. Can we walk?
  3. Would we want to walk? :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Taxi cost is $6 usd one way up to 4 people. 2 Its about 3 miles, 3 You really don't have anything to worry about except Taxi's.

Thanks for the info Ken.

I didn't mean if it was safe to walk that distance, i was asking if it would be a distance we would want to walk (heat, length, sights).

Oh sorry, yes you would walk along the waterside. If going this winter temps should not be too hot. I would email carrie and ask if there are any updates as far as them picking you up at your pier.

• 7 months later...

Archived