Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

And my family LOVED it! My husband declared it "paradise."

I booked the Beach Excursion VIP (through Carrie at Tour Cozumel) for our family of five - ages 41, 40, 14, 7 & 6. I was so very glad that I had read through everything on this thread so that I really knew what I was booking. Passion Island was perfect for us.

Carrie had e-mailed me with a ladies name (sorry, I can't recall, but something with an "M" maybe) that would be there to greet us and take us to the island. When we got to Cozumel (our ship ported 1.5 hours late), and walked all the way through the Punta Langosta Mall, we found our contacts right outside Carlos & Charlie. Hugo and Leo were our hosts/guides. They found us a taxi van and we all headed out to the island. We were told that we would be the first ones there, but that in about an hour or two, they would be collecting some Carnival folks that were on the Twister excursion.

For us, the day started out sunny and beautiful, but then wound up getting cloudy with scattered showers. Luckily, we didn't get any lightening, so were still able to enjoy the beach. We were there from about 11 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., and my husband would have stayed all night long if we didn't have to get back on the ship. LOL

My husband and children all went out to the water trampoline before the rain, and the two younger kids eventually spent time on the hammocks, the playground and the (on the beach) trampoline. They had wanted to ride the little ATVs, but we discovered that the batteries had not been charged.

The buffet was very limited in options, but delicious. I worried that my little girls wouldn't eat anything, but they loved the grilled chicken drumsticks. (However, they did complain that there was no cheese dip to go with the chips.)

I don't drink enough to know much about what was available at the "open bar." I had too many margaritas and I know my husband started drinking them and then switched to their beer (XX Lager, I think).

We would definitely return to Passion Island, if given the chance, and I would certainly recommend to anyone searching for their own private island "paradise" feel. (We kept joking that Mr. Rourke needed to come out and say, "Welcome to Fantasy Island.")

And my family LOVED it! My husband declared it "paradise."

I booked the Beach Excursion VIP (through Carrie at Tour Cozumel) for our family of five - ages 41, 40, 14, 7 & 6. I was so very glad that I had read through everything on this thread so that I really knew what I was booking. Passion Island was perfect for us.

Carrie had e-mailed me with a ladies name (sorry, I can't recall, but something with an "M" maybe) that would be there to greet us and take us to the island. When we got to Cozumel (our ship ported 1.5 hours late), and walked all the way through the Punta Langosta Mall, we found our contacts right outside Carlos & Charlie. Hugo and Leo were our hosts/guides. They found us a taxi van and we all headed out to the island. We were told that we would be the first ones there, but that in about an hour or two, they would be collecting some Carnival folks that were on the Twister excursion.

For us, the day started out sunny and beautiful, but then wound up getting cloudy with scattered showers. Luckily, we didn't get any lightening, so were still able to enjoy the beach. We were there from about 11 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., and my husband would have stayed all night long if we didn't have to get back on the ship. LOL

My husband and children all went out to the water trampoline before the rain, and the two younger kids eventually spent time on the hammocks, the playground and the (on the beach) trampoline. They had wanted to ride the little ATVs, but we discovered that the batteries had not been charged.

The buffet was very limited in options, but delicious. I worried that my little girls wouldn't eat anything, but they loved the grilled chicken drumsticks. (However, they did complain that there was no cheese dip to go with the chips.)

I don't drink enough to know much about what was available at the "open bar." I had too many margaritas and I know my husband started drinking them and then switched to their beer (XX Lager, I think).

We would definitely return to Passion Island, if given the chance, and I would certainly recommend to anyone searching for their own private island "paradise" feel. (We kept joking that Mr. Rourke needed to come out and say, "Welcome to Fantasy Island.")

Hi Ms. Mom,

Thanks for the great review! It takes me back...

My dh also called PI a paradise. He loved lounging in the hammocks! And my ds loved the chicken, too. For me, the guacamole was the best! I can't wait to go back for more, lol

Also wanted to add that I'm sorry the Inspiration didn't live up to your expectations. We've sailed her twice and loved it, but everybody has their own tastes and likes/dislikes. But I'm glad the day at PI was fantastic for you!!

Also wanted to add that I'm sorry the Inspiration didn't live up to your expectations. We've sailed her twice and loved it, but everybody has their own tastes and likes/dislikes. But I'm glad the day at PI was fantastic for you!!

Yes, I know this is the "Passion Island" thread, but I wanted to make a comment about the ship. This was also our second Inspiration cruise (last one in 2000), and I had previously been on the Fantasy. I really like that size of ship, because it doesn't feel overwhelming, and I don't mind the ages of the Fantasy Class ships. The day that we were on PI, my DH and I were commenting about the fact that we were enjoying our cruise, but had not been finding it as our "best" experience cruising. We still all had fun, and we'll plan another one for 2010, and if we happen to be going to Cozumel, I am positive that we will go back to Passion Island. Even our moody teenager loved it on PI.

Yes, I know this is the "Passion Island" thread, but I wanted to make a comment about the ship. This was also our second Inspiration cruise (last one in 2000), and I had previously been on the Fantasy. I really like that size of ship, because it doesn't feel overwhelming, and I don't mind the ages of the Fantasy Class ships. The day that we were on PI, my DH and I were commenting about the fact that we were enjoying our cruise, but had not been finding it as our "best" experience cruising. We still all had fun, and we'll plan another one for 2010, and if we happen to be going to Cozumel, I am positive that we will go back to Passion Island. Even our moody teenager loved it on PI.

Hey, we enjoy the Fantasy Class ships as well. My kids *LOVE* the waterworks area. I just wish that they did a 7 day itinerary! We're heading back to Coz in October. There is so much that I want to do there; I can't wait to go back! Have a great weekend.

[For us, the day started out sunny and beautiful, but then wound up getting cloudy with scattered showers. Luckily, we didn't get any lightening, so were still able to enjoy the beach. We were there from about 11 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., and my husband would have stayed all night long if we didn't have to get back on the ship. LOL

Martha, did you have to "schedule" your time or could you get there earlier and stay later?

Thanks,

Donna

Hey. Im thinking of booking this excursion. Im going on a cruise in 20 days. Is this only a beach? Are there any other things to do in Passion Island? Does anyone have any pictures of the island? How long will we stay on the beach for? I know that the whole is excursion is 5 hours but transportation will take awhile.

I love beaches and I am most likely booking this excursion. :D

Hey. Im thinking of booking this excursion. Im going on a cruise in 20 days. Is this only a beach? Are there any other things to do in Passion Island? Does anyone have any pictures of the island? How long will we stay on the beach for? I know that the whole is excursion is 5 hours but transportation will take awhile.

I love beaches and I am most likely booking this excursion. :D

Passion Island is mostly for a beach day. They also offer kayaking, have a water trampoline, and lots of area to walk around. (of course food and drinks...yum) There are a couple of shops. If you book with Carrie thru http://www.*****, then you can stay longer. The island is open from 9am to 4pm. If you book with the ship, you only get about 3 hrs on the island.

There are some pics on this thread, a couple of pages back. Let me know if you can't find them. I also found some gorgeous photos at tripadvisor.com and a video at youtube.com (just do a search for passion island on these sites). HTH

Ok. Thanks..how much longer do we get to stay if we book with Carrie? Im still not sure what excursion to book. Its between this or a excursion that takes you to Cancun. What do you recommend? Is the beach worth the money?

With her tours you leave the pier at 9am or 11am cozumel time, and can stay on the Island until 4pm. The cruise excursion was long gone (several hours) by the time we left. I would never book a trip to cancun if I was arriving in cozumel by ship, its about a 2 hours ride one way.

With her tours you leave the pier at 9am or 11am cozumel time, and can stay on the Island until 4pm. The cruise excursion was long gone (several hours) by the time we left. I would never book a trip to cancun if I was arriving in cozumel by ship, its about a 2 hours ride one way.

Oh I agree! No way would I even attempt to go to Cancun. Too many things can go wrong, and even if there are no glitches, your time would be limited. Besides, Cozumel has everything you would want, so no need to travel elsewhere.

If you book the Beach Adventure VIP tour, you will meet at your pre-arranged time and then will take a taxi/ferry to get to the island. You can stay all day or leave early. It's your choice. The guide just asks that you give him about 20-30 mins notice so that he can arrange your transportation. And yes, it is very much worth the money as you won't find another place like it!!

We are booked thru Carrie for just a few Satursdays away - and one thing I never got a full confirm on - is about return transportation.

Do WE need to ensure our cab driver will be there at X time to take us back, or as just posted above, that your 'host' will arrange the return trip from a pool of waiting cabs....?

We are booked thru Carrie for just a few Satursdays away - and one thing I never got a full confirm on - is about return transportation.

Do WE need to ensure our cab driver will be there at X time to take us back, or as just posted above, that your 'host' will arrange the return trip from a pool of waiting cabs....?

You can do it one of two ways from we were told, you can either tell them what time you would like to return to town , or give your guide 30 minutes notice to make arrangements. We opted to wait and give him notice.

We told our taxi driver to pick us up at a certain time. But we decided to stay a bit longer so the guide, Leo, called and changed it all for us. It was no biggie.

For anyone that may be considering a wedding or land vacation you may want to email Carrie about the new cabana that is avialable to rent by the day or week. It is two bedroom, and sleeps up to 5 people. The price includes a day pass on the island, a jeep rental, breakfast and the normal island tour. The only reason i mention this is that you are the only ones on the island after the cruise passengers leave, or as I thought for the price I may consider renting it when I go back just to have a place to get out of the heat.

Well, we were going to skip the Cozumel port and stay on the ship, but after finding this thread, we are sold on the Passion Island. Just got done with many emails with Carrie and she was great as advertised.

Thanks to the folks on this thread.:)

Well, we were going to skip the Cozumel port and stay on the ship, but after finding this thread, we are sold on the Passion Island. Just got done with many emails with Carrie and she was great as advertised.

Thanks to the folks on this thread.:)

Hey VegasJay. You'll have a great time at PI. My dh and I, along with CaribbeanTina and her dh, will be on your cruise! We are so excited. Have you joined our roll call yet? Oh and we have a meet and greet planned too, if you want to sign up.

I went to Passion Island in July 07 through Princess. It was fantastic. I was sad to see that it wasn't available on NCL. I will try the website and see what I can do.

This was a fantastic beach and the lunch was great.

I went to Passion Island in July 07 through Princess. It was fantastic. I was sad to see that it wasn't available on NCL. I will try the website and see what I can do.

As the other poster said it is available, and I will say that the tour is alot different than the cruise tours. Tour Cozumels tours allow alot more time on the island and I didnt have to wait for the bus to fill up with people before we made our way to the island. i also think we got more personal attention than what others have said by booking with the cruiseline.

If you go, ask if Leo will be available as a tour guide for that day. He's the best!

Our reservation and prepayment from Carrie tourcozumel dot net was not honored this past Sat Aug 2. Waiting on reply/explanation from Carrie regarding the VIP tour. Will post more details once Carrie has had a chance to respond.

Our reservation and prepayment from Carrie tourcozumel dot net was not honored this past Sat Aug 2. Waiting on reply/explanation from Carrie regarding the VIP tour. Will post more details once Carrie has had a chance to respond.

I am sooo sorry. I wonder why it wasn't honored. What did you end up doing for the day? Please keep us posted as to what the problem was.

My issue mentioned above has received a prompt and full refund plus concession. I am quite grateful to Carrie for her professional response.

I suspect my issue was to have tried checking in with my booking confirmation with someone not officially connected to Passion Island and/or perhaps more specifically tourcozmel dot net.

If that turns out to be the case, then my advice would be to further define/confirm the proper meeting place "in the mall".

I am curious to read about folks taking this tour in the coming weeks.

dna1990: Since you didn't go to Passion Island, please tell us what you did do instead while in Cozumel.

Do you think I've made a mistake booking thru Carrie from your experience?

TIA

Mel

Mel, please let me reassure you that you didn't mess up by booking w/Carrie. She jumps thru hoops trying to keep people happy. Email her for reassurance but I really think you'll be fine!

Archived