Only two people to an AFT cabin

memabumpee

I called Carnival last night and tried to add my son as a third passenger on our upcoming Glory cruise and was told that all aft cabins on the Glory are 2 paaasenger. I explained a fold away was OK and she said they do not use fold aways on this ship. Has anyone had this problem. I called a defferent PVP but still have not heard from him.

Yes, we wanted to add a friend to our aft balcony on the Conquest but we were told only two people were allowed because there is a Maritime law for capacity control. We then booked him in a 1a single, but he found someone to go with him and upgraded to a great 6B. Good luck in figuring out your situation without having to give up your aft.

We had Aft cabin on Truimph 7426 and we had a sofa but, are you saying there is not enough room for a fold away cot. I remember Truimph Panorama deck Cabin 1015 we had a couch however,they still brought in a fold away cot. just seems they could do somthing. We have my daughter and SIL staying in the next cabin and now they want to move us.

We had Aft cabin on Truimph 7426 and we had a sofa but, are you saying there is not enough room for a fold away cot. I remember Truimph Panorama deck Cabin 1015 we had a couch however,they still brought in a fold away cot. just seems they could do somthing. We have my daughter and SIL staying in the next cabin and now they want to move us.

The Glory has no cots on board- sorry.

Only the older Fantasy class ships and the Destiny/Victory class ships have rollaway beds. On the newer class ships COnquest and Spirit there are no rollaways. Each cabin holds a certain amount of people. If you look at the deck plans each cabin has a symbol inside to denote how many people each holds. If there is no symbol in the cabin that cabin only holds two people. (and three can not be booked into that cabin)

Just because a cabin may have a sofa does not mean that sofa can convert to a bed.. some sofas are smaller like love seats.

6454 sleeps 3 people-- you might want to inquire about that particular cabin

Yes she said to keep us together and bring my son she could move us to connecting balconys on the ship she told me she would give us 7406 and 7404 but like someone hear already said if there is no symbol in the room that means it is for two I am just very disappointed in Carnival. This is cruise number 23 and It may be our last with Carnival. I just find it hard to believe that there has never been 3 people in an aft cabin and if that is the case there should be some kind of warning and please do not flame me It is my fault for trying to change things after we have already booked. I admit it is my fault not theirs and Carnival is still the greatest so on and so on.

Because of a maritime law is the reason you cant fit 3 people into a cabin that only holds 2. It isnt even the cruiselines fault. You would have found that problem with any line you booked with.

So you have to pay a single supplement for your son to have a balcony. Have you considered an inside across the hall? (so you can keep your aft balcony?)

If you are giving up your aft cabin I would look for a cabin that holds 3 to save taht single supplement price.

Yes she said to keep us together and bring my son she could move us to connecting balconys on the ship she told me she would give us 7406 and 7404 but like someone hear already said if there is no symbol in the room that means it is for two I am just very disappointed in Carnival. This is cruise number 23 and It may be our last with Carnival. I just find it hard to believe that there has never been 3 people in an aft cabin and if that is the case there should be some kind of warning and please do not flame me It is my fault for trying to change things after we have already booked. I admit it is my fault not theirs and Carnival is still the greatest so on and so on.

Since you didn't check the deckplans before booking, have you checked them as of now, just for peace of mind? The cabins which fit three people will be marked with a star, I believe, but doublecheck the key. It's not only aft cabins that won't accomodate three; some of the balconies won't, either; we are on the Lido Deck and only about 5 baclonies on that deck accomodate three people, so I guess we shouldn't assume that we can fit 3/4 people in all cabins. Good luck on getting your situation worked out :)

"Maritime Law" my rear end. If that is the case, why can they have rollaways on half their ships but not the other half?

It is strictly a policy decision they have made for their newest ships. They don't even apply American maritime law, you know - they sail under a different country's flag, and therefore, maritime laws. They only follow the minimum number of Coast Guard rules that they have to, to use American ports. There is NO Coast Guard rule about cots.

You could always cancel the cruise. Its simple really, the Glory doesnt have cots/rollaways. The cabin is ment for 2 people and 2 people only. Change cabins, book a second cabin, or dont sail. Seems like your only options.

Sorry to disappoint.

Tim

I like the aft cabins for many reasons but one of the reasons is because of the 2 people most cabins hold. I am not worried about having whole families on either side of me.

(I dont think it was a maritime law...but some other kind of change but older ships are grandfathered in for a law that changed in the early 2000 that do not allow rollaways.) You wont find any new ship that will allow rollaways-- carnival is not the only one that has that.

"Maritime Law" my rear end. If that is the case, why can they have rollaways on half their ships but not the other half?

It is strictly a policy decision they have made for their newest ships. They don't even apply American maritime law, you know - they sail under a different country's flag, and therefore, maritime laws. They only follow the minimum number of Coast Guard rules that they have to, to use American ports. There is NO Coast Guard rule about cots.

but wasn't the statement about the "Maritie Law" made in reference to the capacity limit on the rooms and not in relation to the roll away beds? I'm sure laws can and have been made to regulate the number of people allowed in a specific space. Now if they are actually taking time and energy to regulate which ships are allowed which roll away beds, that would be assinine to the nth power but I truly believe that was not what was said.......yep, I'm correct. I scrolled up and the poster definately said the law was in reference to capacity not beds.:)

. . . but one of the reasons is because of the 2 people most cabins hold. I am not worried about having whole families on either side of me.

Oh, my!! Serene, that's very good thinking, and I thank you for the observation. Hadn't thought of that one before (and I've got quite a list of logistics about cabin selections). Thanks, again!!!

Just returned from the 11/21 sailing on the Liberty. My party of three booked an 8A guarantee and were assigned an 8C cabin #8401. Folks, please check the deck plan; now check it again. Does it in any way suggest that 8401 accommodates more than 2 passengers? I'm assuming that your answer is no because that was my answer as well. Guess what folks; it accommodates three. The sofa makes into a single bed! Having said that, we (the three of us) are booked on the Liberty 4/14/2007 sailing in cabin #6452. This is a corner aft balcony that the deck plans do not indicate will accommodate the three of us. Nonetheless, we are booked in that cabin. My point is that deck plans can, and often are somewhat deceptive!

Archived