INFINITY is broken down again

greatam

Millions of cars sold, but if there is a defect or you get a lemon I bet you might not purchase from that manufacturer again.

If people choose not to purchase Celebrity's product as a result of the pod issues, I don't think anybody here is going to try to talk them out of it. In the short run, at least, that would be good for the loyalists, too. They could find increased availability of desirable rooms, lower prices, and less crowded ships. If the "exodus" of dismayed former customers is substantial, it could lead to a change of action by X, possibly resulting in a fix for the problem. Once again, that's good for the loyalists, too.

Therefore, if you are angry with X or afraid to waste your money/vacation time on them, by all means GO ELSEWHERE. You won't be hurting the people who choose to continue to sail with them

Therefore, if you are angry with X or afraid to waste your money/vacation time on them, by all means GO ELSEWHERE. You won't be hurting the people who choose to continue to sail with them

Well in actual fact you would be hurting them. Should ships sail at less than 100% capacity or should emptier ships drive down the per diems then something would have to give - that being a reduction in service, maintenance or other means in order to maintain their profit levels.

I believe Celebrity is counting on cycling through all the un-suspecting passengers first or until this matter comes to a head through mass class action law suits or extremely bad press.

Canes,

On the survey on another thread, about 80% of people who know about pod problems still cruise. It is actually higher because of many who voted no but would choose "maybe on certain cruises " if that was a choice.

So X is not merely in business because of people who do not know of the pods.

I think it is each person's choice to cruise or not to cruise. I just am curious why the few on here who hate Celebrity get on every day to whine. Maybe it's time to move on and hopefully find something that pleases you.

I would also like to add my bravo to Becky for saying what many have thought. There are a lot of choices for cruising. Instead of going on every thread to complain about why they don't want to cruise on Celebrity, some posters would be a lot happier just booking on another cruise line.

Hi,

I compete with Becky an the previous two cruisers/posters. There were never more choices for cruise- fans- wheater you speak of itineraries or ships! Since the day that humans sailed over the seas there never has been newer and cleaner ships. So think we are a bit spoiled now. Which is okay- but for some poeple the most important part of cruising seems to be complaining!

Have a nice weekend all !

Michael

The math is immaterial. What matters is Celebrity continues to market a clearly defective product that even their own former president acknowledged in 2002 could and would be a problem.

Millions of cars sold, but if there is a defect or you get a lemon I bet you might not purchase from that manufacturer again.

Which means that 5,940,000 out of 6,000,000 had a great cruise and enjoyed their lemonade and are likely to think like Becky. The one percent who want the world to know they had a lemon " would be a lot happier just booking on another cruise line."

I know Celebrity has a problem; Celebrity knows it has a problem. X is in business to make money and they have decided that there is more money to be made sailing their defective ships than selling them for scrap. If the problem could have been fixed it would have. There is no solution. Live with it or without it.

It would be a nice though if X advertised the fact that these ships could break down, that passengers should book their travel arrangements through X and if something goes wrong X will take care of them. How many people would book more expensive air through X? How many hope they would get a chance of winning a free cruise or $500 free booze/bingo/gambling?

Canes,

On the survey on another thread, about 80% of people who know about pod problems still cruise. It is actually higher because of many who voted no but would choose "maybe on certain cruises " if that was a choice.

So X is not merely in business because of people who do not know of the pods.

I think it is each person's choice to cruise or not to cruise. I just am curious why the few on here who hate Celebrity get on every day to whine. Maybe it's time to move on and hopefully find something that pleases you.

Thank you. Feel the same way.

marilyn

First, everyone is doing well, no complaints.

Starboard pod is working, but not very well.

Speed is 16 kn

Everyone´s packing to disembark in Valparaiso.

New cruise will start as scheduled, but no one can say, if they will miss any ports of call.

Best wishes to all cruisers on M-class ships

(I`m happy to have a $ 600 credit on my upcoming Mercury trip to Australia)

Peter

First, everyone is doing well, no complaints.

Starboard pod is working, but not very well.

Speed is 16 kn

Everyone´s packing to disembark in Valparaiso.

New cruise will start as scheduled, but no one can say, if they will miss any ports of call.

This is a HUGE concern. Does anyone know if they are planning on working on the pod problem in Valparaiso???

I can't imagine X wanting to risk going around the horn with a faulty pod.

If anyone knows anything...........PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,

Laurie

Archived