Will we get a map of the ship upon boarding?

Christine in MO

We leave on the Conquest next Sunday and I was wondering if we will get a map of the ship when we board? I have tried printing off maps of my own but it is not working out very good. I would like to explore the ship on the first day to get familiar with everyhting. TIA

Christine

We leave on the Conquest next Sunday and I was wondering if we will get a map of the ship when we board? I have tried printing off maps of my own but it is not working out very good. I would like to explore the ship on the first day to get familiar with everyhting. TIA

Christine

THe one you get is a small almost pocket size, fold out, of the decks and what is located where. I can mail you the one I just got over Thanksgiving? my email is seh123@gmail.com if you want it.

:)

THe one you get is a small almost pocket size, fold out, of the decks and what is located where. I can mail you the one I just got over Thanksgiving? my email is seh123@gmail.com if you want it.

:)

Where did you get the map from? Was the map in your cabin or did you have to get it at the information desk?

Hi Christine,

I, personally, do not find the map they give you onboard to be of much help at all. After my first cruise, I started ripping out the diagrams from the Carnival brochures and stapling the two pages together to create my own map. Each map is general as to the names of the rooms (forward dining etc.) but you can look up the names on Carnival's site for your particular ship and fill them in ahead of time. Once onboard, it is relatively easy to find your way around with this map as soon as you orient whether you are facing forward or aft. Keep in mind that you cannot walk the full length of the ship on certain decks (ie the dining decks) so sometimes it is best to get on the promenade to go from one end to the other. Now, with all this info in hand, it still took me 20 minutes to find the spa last week on the Sensation which is a small ship, LOL. Good luck and have a great time!!!

Mary

Are the maps that they give you specific to each ship or just to each ship class? When I went on the 2 night Legend cruise in Oct I brought my brochure but can't really carry that thing around with me and I kept getting lost. By the time I figured out where everything was, the cruise was over. That is why we are taking the 8 day next June. :D:D 2 night cruises are nice but way too short. They are such a tease. It's like putting candy in front of a child and then taking it away.

That pocket map sounds very handy. I just hope that it will have the names of the bars/lounges/rooms on it for the Miracle.

Specific to each ship. On Conquest, this is what is available (not scanner friendly size by design, I suspect :mad: )

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/deck_plans/conquest.htm

NolaAlive...just looked at that map and that is not user friendly at all :( What I might do is print the deck plans from the Carnival website and then staple it together and make some sort of small book. Seems like the map that they gave you is a cross section of the ship. I think everyone would much rather have the plans that are in the brochures except a little bit bigger. The eyes have trouble reading them... I'm getting older....LOL!!! :D I don't know why they don't give versions like the brochures have. Ohh well...since I am going on the same class ship at least I know where the dining rooms and show lounge are. I just had trouble with the bars. :D

While onboard, we got the small map that you see in the link a few posts above.

The decks are pretty clearly marked and following the map wasn't too tough. You just needed to find the right deck and go forward and aft from where you were..... occasionally a bit confusing, but all part of the fun!

I remember reading a while back that someone always copied the deck plans from the Carnival site and pasted them to a Word Document. Then printed them off. They said they could put two or three decks on one page, then printed it off on both sides of paper. They said it worked great for them.

Christine

You are handed a convenient pocket map of the ship when you sign in at the reception desk. If you neglected to get that one, or lose it, someone will be ready to hand you one when you actually step on board. Failing that, there is a map of the ship posted at every elevator entrance.

But it's more fun to get lost!!!

BnB

I, personally, do not find the map they give you onboard to be of much help at all. After my first cruise, I started ripping out the diagrams from the Carnival brochures and stapling the two pages together to create my own map.

Same here. I don't like to spend my time lost, and find the brochure maps easier to read than the pocket maps. After a day with a brochure diagram map, I'm usually oriented, then the pocket map is fine.:)

Same here. I don't like to spend my time lost, and find the brochure maps easier to read than the pocket maps. After a day with a brochure diagram map, I'm usually oriented, then the pocket map is fine.:)

there is a map located at each elevator. Check that map when getting off to make sure you are in the right place.

Promanade deck on every ship can quickly get you from front to back with no problems.

Some ships you cant go all the way through on some decks because of the dining room/ galleys. Not all ships have elevators that go to the Lido deck-- you will have to walk aft.

so study those on the deck plans before you go.

Archived