Venetian value club

friedgard

I signed up over a year ago and never got one email offer. I also emailed SS many times and finally received a response. They said that there have not been any offers in the past few months. Don't hold your breath. Has anybody else out there gotten any email offers regarding this?

We received about 6 or so emails over the past year regarding these discounted cruises. No telling when they'll come or what cruises are being offered. They tend to be last minute and obviously SS is trying to fill the ships. Given this time of year when the ships are pretty full, it's not surprising they've not sent out any recently.

Dear friends:

Silversea is terrible at sending the Venetian Value offers via e-mail. However, if you call the reservations department 30 days or prior before a sailing date and specifically use the words "Venetian Value" -- the fares are indeed there and they are excellent.

This past Spring, I sailed the Silver Whisper transatlantic from San Juan to Las Palmas and paid $4,000 TOTAL -- as a SINGLE traveler (my wife was already in Barcelona and I was in the States on business) in a mid-ship verandah cabin. That was a fantastic deal for a single traveler on a 12 night cruise.

We also sailed on a Baltic cruise at the beginning of August (yes, folks, high season) for $2895 per person (this time my wife did join me), mid-ship verandah.

Don't trust the e-mails, but do call them and insist on the specific wording of the fare (Venetian Value).

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Gunther and Uta

We got an e-mail from Silversea that one of their Sydney to Auckland 15 day voyage is at 64% discount, at around $3500 for late January. This sounds fantastic. However, we have been to those places before, and the prospect of sitting in economy for some 2 x 16 hours is not enticing, and business class is just out of reach. Any of you interested better grab the chance by calling Silversea directly. It is for registered Venetian club members "last minute rate" only. Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

I received a Venetian Value Club email today containing two cruises:

Aug 19, 2008 10 Days

Silver Wind

Copenhagen to London (Tower Bridge)

VISTA $4,095

VERANDA $4,995

SAVE UP TO 56%

Aug 29, 2008 12 Days

Silver Wind

London (Tower Bridge) to London (Tower Bridge)

VISTA $5,295

VERANDA $6,495

SAVE UP TO 53%

(the single supplement on both is 200%)

If you have signed up for the Venetian Values emails but are not receiving them, you might want to check your spam filter. These emails used to go into my bulk mail folder until I noticed and added the following address to my address book. The Venetian Value Club emails are sent from:

silversea@silversea-email.com

-Fred

Anybody who has cruised on SS can sign up. They are really bad about sending out the emails. I signed my wife and myself up and only she gets an occasional email. Must be a message there.

What is the Venetian Value Club and can any SS member join or is it for the higher tier members.

Pat

Good morning all, home from the Cloud yesterday and miss the service and smiling faces already! We have recently received a few Venetian Value Club offerings, even for the one we just sailed on! Too bad we had already paid for it. Go to the website, access the Venetian Society section and sign up. It really is sporadic since the ships are fairly full.

I'm going to guess that as the economy continues to tank, six months from now there will be more specials. Maui tourism is way down for the summer and this is high season. As airfares are killing Maui travel, it will eventually affect cruising and even some luxury cruise lines. It the economy.

Anybody who has cruised on SS can sign up. They are really bad about sending out the emails. I signed my wife and myself up and only she gets an occasional email. Must be a message there.

Thanks lapeter! Where is the sign up? I did a search on their website and it came up blank.

Thanks Pat

• 3 months later...

Sail Date 12/03/08

Days 9

Ship Silver Shadow

Itinerary Fort Lauderdale to Barbados

Vista Suite $2,295.00

Veranda Suite $2,795.00

Save up to 57%

Sail Date 12/11/08

Days 8

Ship Silver Cloud

Itinerary Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires

Vista Suite $2,295.00

Veranda Suite $2,795.00

Save up to 60%

Sail Date 12/12/08

Days 9

Ship Silver Shadow

Itinerary Barbados to Fort Lauderdale

Vista Suite $2,295.00

Veranda Suite $2,795.00

Save up to 57%

On the website, click on Venetian Society. Enter your number. Choose Venetian Values from the left side of the screen and sign up!

We are just off the cloud, first time with Silversea. What number are you referring to. Where might I find this number?

rxralph

They will automatically send you a card and a number after your cruise.

If the info has already been processed but you have not received the card there is a link on the LHS of the screen finf memebr number, then you end up with this screen https://www.silversea.com/secure/venetian.aspx?page_type=findmembernumber&page_id=venetian where you can enter your name Then it will autmatically show you your number

They will automatically send you a card and a number after your cruise.

If the info has already been processed but you have not received the card there is a link on the LHS of the screen finf memebr number, then you end up with this screen https://www.silversea.com/secure/venetian.aspx?page_type=findmembernumber&page_id=venetian where you can enter your name Then it will autmatically show you your number

Thank you.

rxralph

Got a new one today!

grrr - has anyone had one recently? I re-checked that I'm signed up and my spam filter lets EVERYTHING through (and I use my apple mac junkmail to sort it out for me) and I check and I've not seen one of these recently.

We're actively looking for a VV cruise right now, we can go at the drop of a hat, we're not great planners and the ships are in, or heading over to, Asia.

Archived