Ft Lauderdale HAL tour

mattR

Anyone ever take the HAL Everglades Airboat or Land and sea tour from Ft. Lauderdale? How are they? Is Dec to cold for a airboat ride? Any info on these tours would be great:)

We took it in November, 2000 and the temperature was very comfortable, shirt sleeve weather, in the 70s. If women care what their hair looks like afterward, they should wear a scarf or hat-the air boats really scoot!

i agree with everyone else. i just took this excursion this past saturday 7/17. it was fantastic. because its a ship excursion your the first one to disembark the boat. the excursion for us lasted from about 9:30 am until 1:00 pm when we were dropped off at the airport. we saw 2 alligators out in the wild and the airboat itself was a blast!

I tried to book one last year, but it was canceled due to lack of interest. I plan to try again this year. My plane does not depart until 4 something so anything to kill the time. Maybe they should have a final shopping tour.

kathy

I'm glad to hear good things about this tour. My husband and I plan to take it after our July 31, 2004 Zuiderdam cruise so I hope it is a go since our flight out of FLL doesn't leave until after 4 PM.

We did the Land and Sea Tour in January. It was the lowlight of our otherwise wonderful 16 day Panama Canal cruise on Statendam. The "tour" consisted of the "guide" (HELLI) soliciting tips from us for most of the time. We were picked up at the dock and immediately taken to the boat tour by bus. No tour, nothing. The boat tour on the Carrie B, I believe, was nice, but you can book that directly with them for a fraction of the cost. After the boat trip we were taken directly to the airport where she and the driver impeded our way off the bus with their hands out for tips, with Helli making the statement that "we know HAL is no tips required, but not here." Needless to say I did not tip her. They also dropped us off on the wrong level of the airport for departures.

Avoid this one like the plague.

Gary

Archived