Riverside Hotel Ft. Lauderdale?

jerseygirl3

We always stay at the Marriott Marina, but for the dates we are interested in (March 10-11), the price is outrageous ($299/night). We can get the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd. for $159/night.

I've never even heard of this hotel, much less stayed there. Anybody have any opinions?

How much would the taxi be from FLL...how about to Port Everglades? We're used to a $10 taxi fare from FLL to Marriott Marina and free shuttle to Port Everglades.

How about the pool area? Is it nice?

Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

Jerseygirl,

The Riverside is a comfortable hotel on Las Olas. There are plenty of restaurants and bars right there. Great people watching too. The hotel just recently had a major expansion. Make sure you get a room in the new section. The older section is not great. Hotel is about 5 miles from airport and pier taxi runs between $12-15 each way.

:o:o:o

JerseyGirl,

Riverside is a lovely, upscale hotel on one of the livliest street's in Ft. Lauderdale.

Since my Mother lives in Ft.L, I don't stay at hotels there, so can't comment on the rooms or services, however, we dine at both their restaurants, which are excellent.

Jane

Jersey girl...why not try priceline..in the 3 star cat of downtownFLL, PL only has embassy suites and the marriott marina. And from what I understand embassy suite is less ffreq priceline hotel in the winter due to cruise lines offering it as their pre cruise hotel. I just used PL yest for the first time( see post) and got the marriott for $92. In retrospect I should have when after my initial $70 bid was declined with a counteroffer of to bid $22 more should have halved that $22 more to $11 more for a total of $81 and added 2 zones were Pl doesn't have 3 star miramar and pompamo. All said and done I am happy with the $92 Marriott Marina anda am sold on priceline!!!(and I was hoping for the embassy suites due to the cocktail reception, free bkfst, 2 room suite, etc. we are 3 girls in each room). So try Priceline!

Hi Jersey....I am staying at the Riverside on Sept 10th...I will let you know my thoughts and opinions upon my return.

I have been inside the lobby.....but not in any of the rooms.....I am very much looking forward to my stay there:)...from everything I have seen so far...lobby and the area...its a lovely hotel!

Archived