What is going on with these threads??

Has anyone noticed that not all of the replies to the threads are showing up??? EG in the thread that I started about the Laundry on Pacific Sun it showed chaz cruiser had left the last reply but when you clicked to go to the last post it didn't show up - tried to bump it twice to get it show and it didn't work!!!

VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Hi cruiser.... yes, I have found the same thing happening...sometimes it shows up 8 hours after posting, other times not at all.

other times I get a white blank page.

The same is happening with U.S cruise critics postings.

I think there is a glinch in the workings of the new boards..

kindest regards, Lorraine :) :)

I had the same problem, but I thought it was just me doing something wrong. What a relief, hope they can work it out though, too frustrating. Especially for those of us who can't do without our 'fix' of the board each day.

Me too I thought I was messing it up I come in to work each morning (6am) and first thing to do is click on the boards I don't have much to say but it makes my day to read every thing Thanks !! to all of you My day dosn,t seem complete with out you all

The boards are certainly playing up lately.

They are also giving CC a makeover,new Home page,new banners etc,and if you go to Floataway Lounge they are playing aroung with the new colour schemes for the board.There is also a thread (sticky) on what do you think of all the changes.

The boards are certainly playing up lately.

They are also giving CC a makeover,new Home page,new banners etc,and if you go to Floataway Lounge they are playing aroung with the new colour schemes for the board.There is also a thread (sticky) on what do you think of all the changes.

Hi David

Which segment are you doing on the Oriana? I guy I met on our last cruise is doing Sydney to Brisbane (just to get a feel of the ship). He's doing the same 10 days later on the Aurora. In Nov he's doing 28 nights Hawaii to Sydney on Mercury. What a life!!!

Karen

Hi Karen,

Just doing 6 days Auckland/Bay of Islands/Sydney/Brisbane.Be interesting to check Oriana out as 10 years ago we cruised Trans Tasman on her Maiden World Voyage and were part of that great sail in to welcome her to Sydney Harbour.

Funny how things happen.Had been trying to book all last year and they kept saying ....No way..you cant book that.....tried twice in fact........then just before Christmas the local TA was putting a blackboard advertising the sectors outside her shop as I was passing, so I said ....if you can book it now, I'll take it.They must have just released the vacancies on that sector.

Will miss QM2 though,both in Auckland and Sydney,but never mind.......rather be on a ship than looking at one,and I am sure lots of pics of that call will be posted on the boards.

Is the double posting of threads being caused by the new boards and makeover/upgrade or is it just mistakes by the users coz there have been quite a few over the past 2 weeks?

From what I can see ,it is not user mistakes that cause double posts.It seems that when you post a reply and hit submit button,it starts to go and then sits for a while and the poster thinks that it has not gone so hits the submit button again.In fact it has gone and is allready added to the page.That has happened to me a couple of times.I thought it had not gone,but on going back to the main page, the reply was there.

Aghhh.......I'm so over these boards, every time I log on it brings up all the posts I have already read:confused: as unread.

Have you tried clicking on your User CP at the top of the page.You can then play around with Edit Options.

Kiwi Kruzer:

Back in the 60's I used to watch the Oriana sail in and out of Sydney Harbour. I am assuming *your* Oriana is a newer ship named after the original.....otherwise she is one old ship! ;)

A little bit newer.The wonderful ship you remember is long gone.

2hfngn6.jpg

My Dad said back from England on the Oriana back in the sixties.

Well I was only a wee lad then,but you have jogged my memory.I think in those days Oriana and Canberra,would sail from UK and then do a series of cruises up to the Islands ,out of Sydney and Auckland.

Now theres an idea........I bet they would fill fast if they did that again.

Just imagine if the new Oriana was transferred down here permanently....

Oh boy.......hope the P&O UK folk aren't reading this.

My family, (including 8 year old me), emigrated to Australia on the Oriana in 1964/1965. We had Christmas and New Year on board.

We sailed through the Suez Canal.

On the wall above my computer desk is a framed certificate with my name on it to commemorate the crossing of the equator on the 3rd January 1965.

It is signed by the captain of the Oriana, Captain C Edgecombe.

All my life I have wanted to go back to sea, and now I do. :D I had to wait until I was 50 years old, but it is worth the wait.

Jenny

>^..^<

My crossing of the equator was on the Chandris line's Ellinis.....ah, so long ago!

David: Thank you for the beautiful photo!

karmac: I lived in Liverpool for a year. My Dad was in the Army and we moved around quite a bit. We had been stationed in Adelaide for a couple of years and then transferred back to NSW. Liverpool was a temporary assignment and we then moved to Middle Head (actually Georges Heights.) Dad was in a water transportation unit at Clifton Gardens....which is where my grandparents lived for a good 40 years.

It was from our house, at the top of the hill at Georges Heights, that I watched the ships sail in and out of the Harbour.

Thanks for the memories. :)

I lived in Liverpool for a year. My Dad was in the Army and we moved around quite a bit. We had been stationed in Adelaide for a couple of years and then transferred back to NSW. Liverpool was a temporary assignment and we then moved to Middle Head (actually Georges Heights.) Dad was in a water transportation unit at Clifton Gardens....which is where my grandparents lived for a good 40 years.

It was from our house, at the top of the hill at Georges Heights, that I watched the ships sail in and out of the Harbour.

Thanks for the memories. :)

Hi Ozland

You have brought back memories for me too:) .

My dad was in the army and when we transfered back from Singapore (on P&O Oronsay) our house was at the top of the hill at Georges Heights aswell:eek: .

What year did you live there and if you dont mind, how old were you?

We lived in the first army house in Suakin Drive, Georges Heights.

Maybe we lived in the same house or maybe we were neighbours?:p

I remember going down to Chowder Bay Mess with my parents and watching the ships sail and also watching the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht races.

We also use to play in the forts at Middle Head and my brothers where Sea Scouts at HMAS Penguin.

I was only talking to my dad 2 days ago about living down there. :)

thanks ozland

Karen

Karen:

What a small world! Yes, we lived in the married quarters right next to the WRAAC barracks. Our actual address was MQ 122 (MQ= married quarters, 122= the number of our house. We didn't have a street address (?) don't know why.

At the top of the hill, the WRAAC Barracks entrance was on the left, surrounded by a wire fence. As you continued on the road reached the end of the first fence section (on the left) there was a small *parking area* and a path running along the fence....facing that path was a triplex....we lived in the one on the far end. My Mum was the manager of the canteen in the WRAAC Barracks. They put in a gate from the path in front of our house into the barracks so she could just walk straight through instead of having to go all the way around to the main entrance.

I lived there from 1959 until 1969. (I'm 57......sshhh....;) ).

We did live out on Middle Head when I was younger....from around 1952 until 1956. Then came the two years in Adelaide and the year in Liverpool. Guess what......I played in the *forbidden* forts out on the point too!

Also spent many a Sunday afternoon at the Chowder Bay Sargeant's Mess! We kid's would drink our *red drinks*, rasberry cordial, and play out front.

I have gone back to visit and our George's Heights house has been demolished......my sister says many years ago. My sister, Leslee, is four years younger. Brother, Mark, six years younger. Both still live in Australia.

My maiden name......Bradford. Maybe your Dad knew my Dad.....Brick Bradford. (That's the name all his Army mates would know him by.)

Went to Blessed Sacrament, (not sure if that was a Mosman Address), Sacred Heart at Spit Junction, and Our Lady of Dolours at Chatswood.

Maybe we were neighbors!

Gail

Hi ozland, this is nothing to do with the boards except that I see you are in Tulsa. My son is over there at the moment for Chili Bowl. He is a speedway fanatic and this is his second visit. I got a message from him telling me ice was falling from the sky. I hope he isn't frozen in over there and miss his plane home. Boy, the weather must be totally different for you than here in Oz.

Wow Ozland

I also sailed on the Chandris - ship Ellinis. :) My trip was in 1972 when we emigrated to Australia - sorry don't remember anything though I was only a baby!! Although mum and dad have their signed certificates for crossing the equator but apparently I didn't get one!!:(

Rach

Oh yes, we have had three days of freezing rain and sleet. There's approximately four inches of ice on the ground. It's packed down and very slippery. Makes driving an adventure....walking too!

The weight of the ice on the trees breaks the limbs which fall on the power lines.....thus taking out the electricty. We have not lost power but many towns around us have. It is so cold and most homes are electrically heated so if the power goes out, so does the heat. A lot of churches, fire stations and schools have set up shelter for those affected.

Although the front has finally passed through tonight, strong winds are predicted for tomorrow which means more trees/tree limbs could come down.

I should know the answer to this but.....where is the Chili Bowl? I am guessing Texas. (I will be very embarrassed if you say Oklahoma. :o) If your son is flying out of Texas the airports there shouldn't be affected too much, since it wasn't as bad there. and it will be warmer....which will help the ice melt. The only reason his flight might be delayed would be if the plane is originating from an affected area.

You're right.....it is very different from Sydney! But I have lived in much colder/snowier places like Colorado, Upstate New York and Chicago so I'm finally acclimated.....don't like it but I'm used to it. ;)

Archived