just came back from the Liberty jan 6-14

CCLgoddess

Froufie: our first time on the liberty we got off the ship and just walked around for an hour. this time some people i went with got off but i didn't. the dining room was about half empty.

Firefighterhoop:

1) What movies were played on the screen in the evenings? and if you remember what concerts?

Movies: finding nemo, mrs doubtfire, independence day, indiana jones and the last crucade, grease, chronicals of narnia, lord of the rings return of the king

Concerts: beach boys, james taylor, cher, tina turner, tom jones, diana krall, barry mannelo, andrew lloyd webber

2) How many late night comedians did you have?

3) How late were the pools open if you remember? Were you able to be in the pools in the evenings when the movies were playing?

i'm not sure what time they close, we were at the 8:00 dinner every night.

4) How long were the buffet lines? any tips for times? ON the conquest they got quite long.

the lines moved quickly except in nassau when everyone was trying to have lunch before getting off the ship.

5) Any other tips or suggestions?

when in tortola use a van or car if possible not those open air trucks. when in port get off the ship as early as you can so you have the whole day. try doing the sit down breakfast/lunch

mac4cruise: nope just saw the books around the photo area

oceanlvr1016: its a mediterranean theme. so far my fav theme ship. a lot of art work, flowers in clay pots, and wrought iron

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Happy that all of you on this sailing had a wonderful cruise. My family will be on the Liberty March 31st.

What is a good night to book Harry's - when the dining room selections weren't quite as good as other nights. And did Harry's book up fast?

Thanks.

CCLgoddess - - - first, I have to tell you I LOVE YOUR NAME!!!

And thank you so much for the great review. Do you know if they really sell chocolate milk shakes on the Liberty? I have a 16 year old who really wants to know!!!

I usually have lots of questions but you did such a great job, I can only think of the one (right now!!!)...

Lib0007 - - - if you finally booked the March 31st cruise (I've been reading some of your posts about thinking about it)... feel free to join our Roll Call Thread if you want... we don't bite!!! (ok, at least I don't!!!)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=344483

I can't wait! Thanks for the short and sweet review! In your opinion, or from what you may have heard, is it true that newer, larger ships have better stability than smaller, older ships?

What's your sailing date? if you are going 12/2, come and join our roll call thread. it's growing at a decent rate.

Saw the big smiley face next to the title, and knew immediately I wanted to hear (well read, actually) about someone having a great time on Liberty. After that one exceptionally unfortunate sailing earlier, there has been minimal cheering for this ship. Definitely looking forward to sailing Liberty in May, and greatly appreciate you posting these kudos for your itinerary. Glad you had a wonderful time.:)

what is this minimal cheering you talk about? :confused:

Another embarkation question - you said you arrived around 11:10 but I wondered what time you got on board? Am trying to decide what time to arrive at the port (I live in FL and am driving over..)

T-51 days to my second Liberty cruise!~ My last embarkation lasted almost 3 hours!

Another embarkation question - you said you arrived around 11:10 but I wondered what time you got on board? Am trying to decide what time to arrive at the port (I live in FL and am driving over..)

T-51 days to my second Liberty cruise!~ My last embarkation lasted almost 3 hours!

On our Liberty cruise (in December) we arrived at the port at 11:30 and waited in line about 20 minutes without moving. Once they started boarding, things went very quickly. We were on the ship eating by 12:20. If I had it to do again (and I will in Oct!!) I'd get there at 11 just to be at the front of the line. I don't believe in missing a minute of my vacation!!!

i was surprised to see my thread bumped up! if anyone else has any questions feel free to ask!

Lib0007: i ate with my family in the dining room for every meal so i can't really help you out there. sorry!

Elaine515: OMG, the milkshakes at the cafe are to die for. if i can remember they were somewhere around $3. thanks about the name...haha!

Froufie: i think it was the night we were in tortola, so thursday. it was at 545-615 or 630 which kinda stunk for the late seating dinners.

honeywell: we started boarding around noon and were on the ship around 12:15.

to everyone thats going on the liberty soon...have fun! i miss it so much now...haha, i'm going through cruise withdrawal.

Archived