Print Your OWN Luggage Tags?

Us2inFL

A nice leather holder with a large vinyl window sewed in place. This way you can print your luggage tags and slide the paper in there. Much better than sticking tags on and ripping them off every time. :)

They can easily create a form on the website that allows printing on colored media. Most people have laser printers these days. A good webmaster would even do an autofill so all you would need to do is hit a print luggage tag button (with preview) and all necessary information from registration is already there. This would work great for upsells/upgrades too.

For our upcoming cruise on the Spirit, I photocopied the luggage tags on regular weight paper, folded them as instructed, and then took them to my local UPS store to be laminated. They are really strong now! We do plan to staple them on our baggage but will also hole punch them and attach them with a string of some kind as well. As you can see, we really do not want our luggage to go astray!

Kathy:)

The e-docs tags work just as well as the ones that used to be sent in the mail. Trust me. The crew loading the bags doesn't want the hassle of having lost luggage. They're careful. The tags don't fall off. They're very easy to fold. Don't sweat it: it's not worth the headache.

That solid line also has the words, Fold Here, meaning to make a second fold on each side. If you do that, it makes a very strong tag.

Although your point makes sense, it is not what the instructions say. The dotted line by the "fold here" you mention is where it gets folded around the luggage handle.

I'm willing to leave it at the instructions can be taken more than one way and the choices are flimsy tags or thick tags that are tough to staple.

Although your point makes sense, it is not what the instructions say. The dotted line by the "fold here" you mention is where it gets folded around the luggage handle.

I'm willing to leave it at the instructions can be taken more than one way and the choices are flimsy tags or thick tags that are tough to staple.

I looked at it again and you may be right. I just know when I made that extra fold, the tag became strong and doesn't cover over half the handle as it becomes the same size as the peel and stick ones.

I looked at it again and you may be right. I just know when I made that extra fold, the tag became strong and doesn't cover over half the handle as it becomes the same size as the peel and stick ones.

Yeap, it does "right size" when you do that.

Actually, it appears that you did not follow all the instructions . . . you folded on a solid line to make the second set of folds. The instructions, that follow, only have long side one fold.

1. Please remember to fill in your name and home address on the tag before attaching to your luggage.

2. Turn paper face down and fold in at the dotted line.

3. Wrap tag around the handle of each bag you intend to check (Printed side out).

4. Make sure both ends of the tag meet evenly and staple together at 'staple here'.

Word of caution I have friends that work in the airline industry. They tell me you should never use your home address on your luggage tags. Use your work or a friends address.

Think about it if your on a cruise ship who is at home, nobody. It would be very simple for thieves to get addresses of luggage and call someone with the info. Just a heads up

Word of caution I have friends that work in the airline industry. They tell me you should never use your home address on your luggage tags. Use your work or a friends address.

Think about it if your on a cruise ship who is at home, nobody. It would be very simple for thieves to get addresses of luggage and call someone with the info. Just a heads up

I think that's a very good point. We always use the address we're travelling to (like the hotel you will be staying at) until the return leg - after all, you do not want your bags to be shipped to your home if you have only just started your trip ... :eek: . Also we use an enclosed luggage tag and turn the details to the inside, visibly it only reads "See inside" (the info is there but not widely advertised)

You print your own now it seems. We had no trouble last week because I had used laminating sheets to protect our tags. Clear tape would also work.

There were some lost tags, and therefore undelivered luggage at the pursers desk until they were all claimed. I would not trust the copy paper alone.

Archived