Where are all the HAL Ships this summer?

dadecitycruiser

Looked at cruises this summer and can't find squat. Is the fleet being rehaped or something? DCC

Maybe nothing much available, but HAL's ships are mostly in the Caribbean, Alaska, or doing the "Mexican Riviera". Check www.cruisecal.com for a daily listing of where all the major cruise lines' ships are.

Looked at cruises this summer and can't find squat. Is the fleet being rehaped or something?

DCC

Majority will be in Alaska and Europe:

Alaska: Amsterdam, Noordam, Oosterdam, Ryndam, Statendam, Volendam, Zaandam & Zuiderdam

Canada/New England: Maasdam (plus one Transatlantic-Europe cruise)

Europe: Prinsendam, Rotterdam, Veendam, Westerdam

Alaska, Europe, Canada/New England...lots of itineraries, but maybe not a lot of empty space. I've been helping my parents pick a European cruise (on HAL, naturally) and I've watched the categories disappear one by one in the last two weeks or so.

HAL doesn't do the Caribbean or Mexico from May to October, as the ships either repo to Alaska or Europe.

Maybe nothing much available, but HAL's ships are mostly in the Caribbean, Alaska, or doing the "Mexican Riviera". Check www.cruisecal.com for a daily listing of where all the major cruise lines' ships are.
I believe for the summer the HAL ships are everywhere BUT the Caribbean. HAL has pulled out of that market during the Hurricane season. They will have some ships in Europe, several in Alaska, the East coast/Canada will have Maasdam and a few will be scattered around the globe.

Majority will be in Alaska and Europe:

Alaska: Amsterdam, Noordam, Oosterdam, Ryndam, Statendam, Volendam, Zaandam & Zuiderdam

Canada/New England: Maasdam (plus one Transatlantic-Europe cruise) Veendam, in Sept. is that summer ? Cause I am looking at this myself, but blimey it ain't half expensive ma :eek:

Europe: Prinsendam, Rotterdam, Veendam, Westerdam

Someone mentioned to me when in Alaska in September that 750,000 visitors to Alaska come of cruise ships, thats almost ridiculous :eek: I guess that was an advantage of going there late in the season.

Most Hal ships are in Alaska, with a few in Europe. The Caribbean and Mexico are usually out for the summer months - off season and too hot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a time when Alaska limited the number of cruise ships that could ply their waters at any one time? Seems like every cruise line now has multiple ships in Alaska during the summer months. I don't think it used to be that way ... and maybe that's why HAL did Caribbean itineraries in the summertime. Maybe the laws in Alaska changed ... making it more advantageous for HAL to send a large part of their fleet there now?

Blue skies ...

--rita

I believe that you are confusing restrictions imposed by National Park Service on numbers of ships into Glacier Bay with something that perhaps the state of Alaska has instituted.

The Parks Service only allows a finite number of calls into Glacier Bay.

Archived