Interline rates for airline employees

wasup254

Has anyone done an interline rate, is so how strict are the cruise lines?

An interline at times is greatly reduced from the normal cruise fares and is offered by the cruise lines to those that are in the airline industry

Thanks

Hi:

Both my husband and I are retired from the airlines and we always get the

interline rates for cruises. Great savings!

You need to send a copy/fax of your Airline ID card even if you are retired.

We have also been able to take friends who benefit from the discounts in same of the cruises.

If you need a ctc let me know. We always deal with the same lady at one of the "wholesalers" for interliners and she is great.

Just came back from 11 day cruise in Hawaii and looking to find another cruise sometime in April....and another in October....

I've worked for an airline for 11 yrs. and while you do get good deals through say perx.com or interliner you should also check around to be safe. I saved alot of money booking my air through Princess for our upcoming cruise because it's spring break and airlines prices are crazy.

By strict do you mean can I get the interline rate even if I am not eligible for the Interline Rate?

Just booked a cruise with the interline rate and was required to fax the front and back of my airline card along with the front and back of my drivers license. I was more than happy to comply with that requirement. In addition they told me that I would have to produce the airline card and drivers license when I check in at the pier. I hope that they follow up with that requirement.

Has anyone done an interline rate, is so how strict are the cruise lines?

An interline at times is greatly reduced from the normal cruise fares and is offered by the cruise lines to those that are in the airline industry

Thanks

We have used them I think for 3 cruises when my hubby worked for Delta. The rates are great-although you don't get the best stateroom ofcourse-you get whatever is available-so usually it is not too good-although when we cruised Disney Wonder we lucked out with a GREAT balcony for the normal price of an inside stateroom which was booked only about 5 weeks before the cruise.

I found out on the Disney board though many would not book our stateroom because it was across from the laundry and the "noise"-we never heard any noise-and it was very convenient for running to iron something! Plus we were centrally located-we were on deck 6 midship-so we were equal distances to the dinningrooms, the lido, and all the lounges, so it was great. So I figured that was the only reason why we got such a great stateroom- that many were afraid of being close to the laundry.

Another thing about booking interline, the rates are GREAT last minute-but not if you book six months ahead. If you book ahead you may as well use any cruise agency as they only get discounts on last minute cruises- which ofcourse does not always work-as you have to be able to take off from your job, etc.

By strict do you mean can I get the interline rate even if I am not eligible for the Interline Rate?

Just booked a cruise with the interline rate and was required to fax the front and back of my airline card along with the front and back of my drivers license. I was more than happy to comply with that requirement. In addition they told me that I would have to produce the airline card and drivers license when I check in at the pier. I hope that they follow up with that requirement.

Oh you know you have to give them your employee number-I do not think anyone not an employee of an airline could book-except for Fedex employees ofcourse-who also have this perk-I know we could not even take friends with us on cruises-we could only get one stateroom-unless it was my MIL in the second stateroom, who also qualified as the mother of an employee but my SILs could not cruise with us-unless they roomed with my MIL.

Oh you know you have to give them your employee number-I do not think anyone not an employee of an airline could book-except for Fedex employees ofcourse-who also have this perk-I know we could not even take friends with us on cruises-we could only get one stateroom-unless it was my MIL in the second stateroom, who also qualified as the mother of an employee but my SILs could not cruise with us-unless they roomed with my MIL.

FedEx, UPS, Airborne, DHL etc no longer get Interline discounts on any cruise lines, except for RCCL and Celebrity. All others have restricted it to airlines that carry people (not cargo) and FAA.

We have never sailed on RCCL or Celebrity, but may be giving them a try since they still give us the Interline rates.

I was wondering the same thing, that is why I asked the question. As for faxing front and back of your card plus DL; Do you want to tell us which line? I only ask because as a TA for 7 years plus a parent of employees for 28 years we have never been required to go quite that far. NMnita

We have used them I think for 3 cruises when my hubby worked for Delta. The rates are great-although you don't get the best stateroom ofcourse-you get whatever is available-so usually it is not too good-although when we cruised Disney Wonder we lucked out with a GREAT balcony for the normal price of an inside stateroom which was booked only about 5 weeks before the cruise.

I found out on the Disney board though many would not book our stateroom because it was across from the laundry and the "noise"-we never heard any noise-and it was very convenient for running to iron something! Plus we were centrally located-we were on deck 6 midship-so we were equal distances to the dinningrooms, the lido, and all the lounges, so it was great. So I figured that was the only reason why we got such a great stateroom- that many were afraid of being close to the laundry.

Another thing about booking interline, the rates are GREAT last minute-but not if you book six months ahead. If you book ahead you may as well use any cruise agency as they only get discounts on last minute cruises- which ofcourse does not always work-as you have to be able to take off from your job, etc.

Actually this isn't always true, but is most of the time: Carnival offers interline rates far in advance and often Celebrity and RCI do as well. It still depends on the availbility: the cruise lines know pretty well what dates will not fill up. I have booked interline rates 3 and 4 months in advance. LHP is right about who can use interline rates; CRS employees can on some lines but not all. NMNita

I was wondering the same thing, that is why I asked the question. As for faxing front and back of your card plus DL; Do you want to tell us which line? I only ask because as a TA for 7 years plus a parent of employees for 28 years we have never been required to go quite that far. NMnita

All I had to fax was the front of my company id on the airline letterhead. I received an e-mail the next day stating they received my fax.

As for asking for company id when I check in, I never been asked for the id, but I keep it next to my driver licence at all times.

FedEx, UPS, Airborne, DHL etc no longer get Interline discounts on any cruise lines, except for RCCL and Celebrity. All others have restricted it to airlines that carry people (not cargo) and FAA.

We have never sailed on RCCL or Celebrity, but may be giving them a try since they still give us the Interline rates.

Uhhh, I've been with FedEx for 11yrs. and we still get interline rates with everyone, can't speak for the other lines. The vacation companies would be insane to drop us from their lists due to the number of folks we employ worldwide. I believe passenger airline employment was down 5% or so in 2006, while our numbers were up significantly.

All I had to fax was the front of my company id on the airline letterhead. I received an e-mail the next day stating they received my fax.

As for asking for company id when I check in, I never been asked for the id, but I keep it next to my driver licence at all times.

That would be Princess. Actually I think it is a good policy. But thats just my opinion

I recommend Celebrity but not RCI.

I am surprised. My husband always had to give his employee ID number.

usually that is what is required: the front of your ID and sometimes a letter from your supervisor. We always tell cliants to carry either a letter or their ID with them in case they are asked upon boarding the ship cause they could be, but normally this does not happen. You are right, as for Princess I have never had them require copies of both sides and the drivers license.

Uhhh, I've been with FedEx for 11yrs. and we still get interline rates with everyone, can't speak for the other lines. The vacation companies would be insane to drop us from their lists due to the number of folks we employ worldwide. I believe passenger airline employment was down 5% or so in 2006, while our numbers were up significantly.

Sorry to disappoint, but not even Fed Ex employees get the Interline discounts any longer on Carnival cruises or any other their sister cruise lines.

UPS is twice the size of Fed Ex and we lost that discount as well.

Fedex, UPS, DHL, Airborne, etc all lost the Interline discounts on Carnival (and sister cruise lines) as of April 1, 2006.

Carnival is not insane. Their ships are simply running full enough without offering that discount to Cargo carriers. Airline employees and FAA still get the discount.

Cargo carriers do still get Interline discounts on other kinds of travel and on cruises with RCCL or Celebrity.

Actually this isn't always true, but is most of the time: Carnival offers interline rates far in advance and often Celebrity and RCI do as well. It still depends on the availbility: the cruise lines know pretty well what dates will not fill up. I have booked interline rates 3 and 4 months in advance. LHP is right about who can use interline rates; CRS employees can on some lines but not all. NMNita

That is the point Nita. if we were looking at a particular cruise on a newer popular ship-we found the interline rates were not as good as we could get with for example, cruise.com. My daughter wanted to go on Mariner of the Seas and it was expensive-no matter what- so we booked a year ahead because we saved a little-ofcourse an interline rate did come through a month before we were scheduled to cruise, a great interline rate-this was Labor day week 2005. In 2004 Charlie had hit that week and I think people were afraid to cruise.

It did not matter though-my husband would not have been able to change his vacation. He was only able to for the Disney Wonder because originally we were going down to Key West that week and he had the time off already.

I will doing my 9th cruise in Apr. and it will be the only cruise that I haven't gone w'an interline rate. I am a flight attendant and I have always, always , always been asked to fax ID and even a letter verifying employment fromm work. Non ailine people CAN travel in the room with you, but there must be at least 1 airline person w/ID booked in each room. Hope that helps

Jen

Sorry to disappoint, but not even Fed Ex employees get the Interline discounts any longer on Carnival cruises or any other their sister cruise lines.

UPS is twice the size of Fed Ex and we lost that discount as well.

Fedex, UPS, DHL, Airborne, etc all lost the Interline discounts on Carnival (and sister cruise lines) as of April 1, 2006.

Carnival is not insane. Their ships are simply running full enough without offering that discount to Cargo carriers. Airline employees and FAA still get the discount.

Cargo carriers do still get Interline discounts on other kinds of travel and on cruises with RCCL or Celebrity.

Actually your right about Carnival, but we still receive discounts on Princess. In fact the Princess CSR recommended I go through a TA when I booked our April cruise (nice older lady). The price was hundreds cheaper through perx but they don't do air, once I added in air/hotel during spring break it was cheaper to go with Princess direct due to the price gouging for spring break. Here's an eligibilty link: http://allinterlineres.com/eligibility.asp

Archived