Hotels in Ft Lauderdale

RayinIllinois

We are sailing on the Zuiderdam March 17th. Will be flying in the 16th. Looking for a Hotel (motel, whatever) that has shuttle service from the airport and then to to the port. Any suggestions?

:) Hi Ray:

I would recommend either the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Inn or Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation.

Both offer complimentary airport/cruiseterminal shuttle & complimentary continental breakfast.

DW & I have stayed @ Best Western Ft.Lauderdale Inn & enjoyed our stay with no complaints or concerns!

Have stayed many times both pre and post cruise at the Embassy Suites. Airport and Pier shuttle. Also free FUll breakfast and FREE cocktails from 5:30 - 7:30 every night.

:( Too expensive! $100+ more than either Best Western Ft. Lauderdale Inn or Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation per night!

Must be those "free" cocktails that are reflected in the higher price!

Also, Embassy Suites is currently having renovations being done, meaning ?noise!

We are sailing on the Zuiderdam March 17th. Will be flying in the 16th. Looking for a Hotel (motel, whatever) that has shuttle service from the airport and then to to the port. Any suggestions?

We recently used Hampton inn which is actually located in Plantation. Not only do they have fair rates (probably higher than some expect, but high season everything in Fl Lauderdale is high) but they do offer transfers from airport to hotel, back to airport and will take you to the various restaurants, the Outlet mall, whatever. We stayed there in November and I have had about 2 or 3 clients use them. Never, have I heard a complaint. NMnita

:) Hi Ray:

I would recommend either the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Inn or Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation.

Both offer complimentary airport/cruiseterminal shuttle & complimentary continental breakfast.

DW & I have stayed @ Best Western Ft.Lauderdale Inn & enjoyed our stay with no complaints or concerns!

One more thing about Hampton Inn; the driver told us he would pick us up at the port when the cruise was over and take us to the airport. We didnt' take him up on it: what fools we were. LOL

I recommend the sleep Inn at Ft. Lauderdale airport. They have a over 50 rate and over 60 rate. If you call them directly or go on the internet the rate for over 60 is $87.99 plus tax. They will pick you up at the airport and then take you to the hotel and then to the cruise ship and then if you ask they will take you to the airport from the cruise ship.

Robb

you also may want to try the Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport. Breakfast is included and free transportation to port. Good rates and a reasonable place to stay for a night.

I recommend the sleep Inn at Ft. Lauderdale airport. They have a over 50 rate and over 60 rate. If you call them directly or go on the internet the rate for over 60 is $87.99 plus tax. They will pick you up at the airport and then take you to the hotel and then to the cruise ship and then if you ask they will take you to the airport from the cruise ship.

Robb

Robb, I don't think that rate applies to high season: I could be wrong, but any hotel in Ft Lauderdale that has an $87.00 rate during high season would make me a little nervous. Again, I don't know for sure. We paid $116 for a senior rate at Hampton Inn November 28th. My cliants just paid $161 for the very same thing and the clients going in March are paying about the same. Normally the rates jump up right around Christmas and will remain high until Easter. NMnnita

:( Too expensive! $100+ more than either Best Western Ft. Lauderdale Inn or Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation per night!

Must be those "free" cocktails that are reflected in the higher price!

Also, Embassy Suites is currently having renovations being done, meaning ?noise!

It's higher priced, but you get what you pay for !!!

It's higher priced, but you get what you pay for !!!
We love Embassy Suites but I have to argue about the price: $100 more buys lots of cocktails. Sure they are really nice properties, however if all you want is a place to rest your head for 1 night I don't think you need to spend $200 plus and yes, that is the going rate during high season. NMnita

you also may want to try the Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport. Breakfast is included and free transportation to port. Good rates and a reasonable place to stay for a night.

This place was a total dump when I stayed there. I also had quite a few issues with this place. It WAS close to 3 years ago and I'd hope it was renovated since then. They did offer free breakfast and they offered parking while you were on the cruise (for a fee) and a shuttle to/from the pier.

This is a link to a post about the place I made a few years ago with pictures of sme of the problems in the room:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=192020

I know price matters, but you might consider this if you arrive early the day before: The Riverside has $199.00/219.00 room package inc. breakfast and other goodies IF you purchasie tickets to the exhibit "Cradle of Christianity". Go to riversidehotel.com for details of the package and the show. We are staying there Sunday and they arranged transportation for 3 to the pier @ $25.00 More info on the East Coast Depatures CC site.

Blessings,

Gail

Hyatt Pier 66 is awesome; then again too much $ for most. The Lanai poolside rooms are redone and gorgeous. The place has a very 50's vacation feel. We are doing the Embassy next trip. If it were just my wife and me - we would do 66 again; but we will have our son and a suite is nice. We don't have flight transfer issues as we live in FLA and will be driving. When I booked the Embassy I checked out other hotels close to the port. The old Marriott is the Fort Lauderdale Grande or something like that. Very pricy and being remodeled after the hurricane. I would stay away. There is a Quality or Comfort Suites near the port that I have heard great things about. You can review www.choicehotels.com. Holiday Inn has an Express or two near there - don't know anything about them but you can check out at www.holidayinns.com. For frank reviews of hotels I always search on Trip Advisor www.tripadvisor.com. Some reviews can be taken with a grain of salt but others are good. Gives a general feel about the hotels with pics and reviews. I would run and not walk from the Ramada referenced. That place is a certifiable DUMP! Most Ramadas are now. Good luck with your search.

Robb, I don't think that rate applies to high season: I could be wrong, but any hotel in Ft Lauderdale that has an $87.00 rate during high season would make me a little nervous. Again, I don't know for sure. We paid $116 for a senior rate at Hampton Inn November 28th. My cliants just paid $161 for the very same thing and the clients going in March are paying about the same. Normally the rates jump up right around Christmas and will remain high until Easter. NMnnita

I am sailing on Nov 3rd and will arrive the night before and have made reservations with the price I told you. A friend also booked 4 rooms at that rate. We both called the hotel direct.

Robb

I am sailing on Nov 3rd and will arrive the night before and have made reservations with the price I told you. A friend also booked 4 rooms at that rate. We both called the hotel direct.

Robb

Robb, there is it in a nutshell: Nov. 3rd which is very low season for Florida. As I said, high season starts Dec 24 and usually goes until about Easter. Even then, the rate you got is very good; I just hope you are satisfied with the hotel. NMnita

We love Embassy Suites but I have to argue about the price: $100 more buys lots of cocktails. Sure they are really nice properties, however if all you want is a place to rest your head for 1 night I don't think you need to spend $200 plus and yes, that is the going rate during high season. NMnita

:) Hi newmexicoNita:

Well stated! I agree with you 100%!

I know price matters, but you might consider this if you arrive early the day before: The Riverside has $199.00/219.00 room package inc. breakfast and other goodies IF you purchasie tickets to the exhibit "Cradle of Christianity". Go to riversidehotel.com for details of the package and the show. We are staying there Sunday and they arranged transportation for 3 to the pier @ $25.00 More info on the East Coast Depatures CC site.

Blessings,

Gail

:) Hi Gail:

Sorry, still too expensive (for me) just for an overnight stay!

The old Marriott is the Fort Lauderdale Grande or something like that. Very pricy and being remodeled after the hurricane. I would stay away.

I stayed at the Ft Lauderdale Grande last month, and didn't have any problems. True, the property took a big hit from the hurricane, and there is work being done, but it didn't impact my visit at all.

;)

The AmeriSuites is walking distance to the port. We enjoy staying there because we can get up early and walk down and see the ship come into port. They offer airport and port shuttles and free breakfast. The other plus is there are a number a restaurants in walking distance (which helps for dinner if you don't have a car) and also a grocery store nearby for picking up any last minute items. I like to pick up water and soda for my cabin and with the restrictions when flying, it makes it very convenient. I also can pick up suntan lotion which is often impossible to find in the northeast during the winter. We have stayed there several times and find them to be most accomodating and the price wasn't out of sight.

Hyatt Pier 66 is awesome; then again too much $ for most. The Lanai poolside rooms are redone and gorgeous. The place has a very 50's vacation feel. We are doing the Embassy next trip. If it were just my wife and me - we would do 66 again; but we will have our son and a suite is nice. We don't have flight transfer issues as we live in FLA and will be driving. When I booked the Embassy I checked out other hotels close to the port. The old Marriott is the Fort Lauderdale Grande or something like that. Very pricy and being remodeled after the hurricane. I would stay away. There is a Quality or Comfort Suites near the port that I have heard great things about. You can review www.choicehotels.com. Holiday Inn has an Express or two near there - don't know anything about them but you can check out at www.holidayinns.com. For frank reviews of hotels I always search on Trip Advisor www.tripadvisor.com. Some reviews can be taken with a grain of salt but others are good. Gives a general feel about the hotels with pics and reviews. I would run and not walk from the Ramada referenced. That place is a certifiable DUMP! Most Ramadas are now. Good luck with your search.

have you been at the FLL Ramada? We usually stay at Pier 66 but we're taking along four others this time so I needed to cut down expenses (couldn't afford three rooms for one night at Pier 66 PLUS the cruise for 6!).

Archived