Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I look forward to seeing Jamaica. Why would you want it dropped?

Jamaicia is absolutely georgeous! But after the first taxi ride it all comes back to me as why Jamaicia is much prettier from your balcony. My husband and I have been there twice. Everytime they see my husband with his shaved head' date=' earrings, tattoos and go-t (you try to spell it, harder than it looks:D ) a bag of what is supposed to be mary jane (most likely oregano:rolleyes: ) is slapped into his hand as he has to shove it back into theirs without being seen by the Jamaician Police and hauled in. Do not think for one second that they do not work together, it's all about the money. Sad thing is if that happened we would miss the ship, other ports, a weeks vacation, TONS of $$$ to get him out and let's not forget that I would be all by myself if something did happen to him. I will never step foot on Jamaician soil again, not worth the risk. Give me over priced Grand Cayman anyday!!!![/color']

Jamaicia is absolutely georgeous! But after the first taxi ride it all comes back to me as why Jamaicia is much prettier from your balcony. My husband and I have been there twice. Everytime they see my husband with his shaved head, earrings, tattoos and go-t (you try to spell it, harder than it looks:D ) a bag of what is supposed to be mary jane (most likely oregano:rolleyes: ) is slapped into his hand as he has to shove it back into theirs without being seen by the Jamaician Police and hauled in. Do not think for one second that they do not work together, it's all about the money. Sad thing is if that happened we would miss the ship, other ports, a weeks vacation, TONS of $$$ to get him out and let's not forget that I would be all by myself if something did happen to him. I will never step foot on Jamaician soil again, not worth the risk. Give me over priced Grand Cayman anyday!!!!

I've heard something about how the locals try to sell you pot so they can get a reward from the cops. That whole racket sounds like what the GIs used to complain about as a reason not to got down to Juarez from Ft. Bliss years ago. I guess there are con artists and crooked cops no matter where you go.

I'd be more apprehensive about seeing one of my former inmates who might have disliked me for not letting them get away with stuff, but that hasn't happened yet in Juarez, and the only one I know of who lived in Mo Bay liked me pretty well, so I'm not worried.

I'm pretty sure I can keep the locals from seeing any of my piercings or tats and my hubby looks way too preppy to smoke weed, so I'm not too worried about them making really aggressive assumptions about their ability to push pot onto us.

How long does it take to get off the ship and over to the excursion locations, anyway? I think that's where we're going to Sandals.

Thanks for the info Shelly but I was in 8429 right behind you, Yes there was a little noise from moving chairs but it was not a bother for me.

Hey, Shelly did you mean to leave those 10---- $100 bills in the safe?

Pedro was good and it was a great cruise.

Thanks for the info,

Bob

I submitted the following suggested itineraries to Carnival for the Conquest. Let me know what you think. Would it be practical or feasible to go from Galveston to:

Grand Cayman - Roatan, Honduras - Belize City

Guess this would be my choice, we've been to all these and any of them are better than Jamacia.

Doug

We did the 7 day Elation from Galveston which called on Progresso, Cozumel and Belize. Belize would be doable if they wanted to.

Guest carlogesualdo

I have several questions about the Conquest.

1. Talent show? I have an ego to stroke, you know...:cool:

2. Mini bar in the room...is this correct? Is it a refrigerator? Can it be cleared and used for personal stuff or are you stuck with their stuff? Are the prices for the mini-bar stuff about what you'd pay anywhere else on the ship, or are they marked-up special for the convenience of being there in your room.;)

3. Really? Just sandwiches and dessert from room service?:eek:

I have several questions about the Conquest.

2. Mini bar in the room...is this correct? Is it a refrigerator? Can it be cleared and used for personal stuff or are you stuck with their stuff? Are the prices for the mini-bar stuff about what you'd pay anywhere else on the ship, or are they marked-up special for the convenience of being there in your room.;)

We did have a mini bar/refrigerator. We cleared it out, put everything on the shelf and put our own drinks in it. I didn't look at any of the prices on the stuff since we didn't buy any of it.

Never looked at the room service options either so can't help you there.

Jamacia is s beautiful country, the problem is Jamacians. Very arrogant and pushy, if I am going to spend my money there, expect to be treated better. If the tourist trade dried up for a while, I think there would be a big change in the attitude of the people, if not, they don't deserve the tourist money.

Doug

Guest carlogesualdo
We did have a mini bar/refrigerator. We cleared it out, put everything on the shelf and put our own drinks in it. I didn't look at any of the prices on the stuff since we didn't buy any of it.

Never looked at the room service options either so can't help you there.

Well that answers 1 question out of 3. At least we won't be charged if we dump all their stuff and put our own in there. I was a little worried about that.

My other half and I have this thing about room service for breakfast. I guess we can always rig it by raiding the buffet and bringing it back to the room. Buffet isn't my favorite dining venue, though.

So no one wants to hear me play my trumpet, huh? That's too bad because I'm really, really good. Not America's Got Talent good, maybe, but...well...:cool:

Well that answers 1 question out of 3. At least we won't be charged if we dump all their stuff and put our own in there. I was a little worried about that.

My other half and I have this thing about room service for breakfast. I guess we can always rig it by raiding the buffet and bringing it back to the room. Buffet isn't my favorite dining venue, though.

So no one wants to hear me play my trumpet, huh? That's too bad because I'm really, really good. Not America's Got Talent good, maybe, but...well...:cool:

my son plays the trumpet and he is pretty good (in the top band at school) , but I wouldnt want him to play on a ship, if you were serious! :p Bad enough you can hear him from inside the house 1/2 way down the street and man can it get "high pitched" too!:eek:

Carnival is one of the last cruise lines to offer a 'hot' room service breakfast if that's what you want. Just place your order on the furnished order forms on your door the night before and you'll have your breakfast the next mroning.

If you check the Carnival FAQ's you'll find the answer to your trumpet.

This thread is full of too much good info, let's not let it turn into a we hate/love jamaica thread. That will surely get it poofed and that's not fair to all those that are looking for the info in one place!! thank you for your cooperation.

Carnival is one of the last cruise lines to offer a 'hot' room service breakfast if that's what you want. Just place your order on the furnished order forms on your door the night before and you'll have your breakfast the next mroning.

Is this something new? I don’t recall any ‘hot’ items being available on the breakfast room service cards (other than toast and coffee).

Guest carlogesualdo
my son plays the trumpet and he is pretty good (in the top band at school) , but I wouldn't want him to play on a ship, if you were serious! :p Bad enough you can hear him from inside the house 1/2 way down the street and man can it get "high pitched" too!:eek:

Actually, I have a degree in music, so it might not be so bad. You didn't want to hear me play in the house when I was in high school either. Actually, not now either for that matter - bad venue.

Carnival is one of the last cruise lines to offer a 'hot' room service breakfast if that's what you want. Just place your order on the furnished order forms on your door the night before and you'll have your breakfast the next morning.

If you check the Carnival FAQ's you'll find the answer to your trumpet.

Yay on the room service! RCI would bring you anything from the dining room. I was disappointed that Carnival doesn't seem to do the same. But if they'll do breakfast, I can live with that.

I guess Carnival doesn't want to hear me play my trumpet either. Thanks for that. I looked through all the FAQs the other day, but I missed the one on no musical instruments. A pox on Carnival, I say!:eek:

But thanks for the answers.

Guest carlogesualdo
Is this something new? I don’t recall any ‘hot’ items being available on the breakfast room service cards (other than toast and coffee).

So you're saying no hot breakfast? I know RCI will bring you pretty much anything from the dining room (or at least, they would, as of 2 years ago). I guess we'll have to suck up. I guess the "getting pampered" thing isn't going to happen unless we're willing to get on a flight somewhere else and get on a different cruise line. But since I'm not willing to fly, Carnival it is...

Guest carlogesualdo

Okay, so next question...as of last night, I've learned to like another brand of bottled water. What brand(s) of bottled water do they carry on board the Conquest? I'm guessing there probably aren't more than one or two.

So you're saying no hot breakfast? I know RCI will bring you pretty much anything from the dining room (or at least, they would, as of 2 years ago). I guess we'll have to suck up. I guess the "getting pampered" thing isn't going to happen unless we're willing to get on a flight somewhere else and get on a different cruise line. But since I'm not willing to fly, Carnival it is...

Here's a link to a picture of the Carnival breakfast card I found on webshots (it's from Sept 2007):

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2938152440102129461cktTRE