Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Meirah,

We are sailing during the week of the Biker Rally Weekend, and were unable to get a hotel on Galveston Island. I was not going to pay $269.99, for the Quality Inn, so we are staying in Webster. Do you think they will still be working on I-45 at the beginning of November???

Here's is link to Houston Transtar which will give you details on the road work at any given time and what's upcoming.

http://www.houstontranstar.org/

If it's the Biker Rally Weekend I doubt they will be shutting much down. As a final check you may want to call this number 409-978-2500. It's the TxDOT office for the Galveston County area. Be polite to the lady there and she should help you.

Here's is link to Houston Transtar which will give you details on the road work at any given time and what's upcoming.

http://www.houstontranstar.org/

If it's the Biker Rally Weekend I doubt they will be shutting much down. As a final check you may want to call this number 409-978-2500. It's the TxDOT office for the Galveston County area. Be polite to the lady there and she should help you.

Thank you!

I hope I'm posting in the right section. My husband and I took our honeymoon on the Conquest in May. We went to Montego Bay,Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We would like to take another cruise and the Conquest is the only one that leaves out of Galveston (close to home). I saw that they now have a cruise to Key West,Nassau and Freeport Bahamas. Has anyone taken this one and if so what is your review of it? I just want to make sure I'll still get that feeling that I'm so far from home and the stresses of daily life. I really like getting to see a bit of different culture and I just wonder if those places are too..... close to home? Obviously Key West won't feel 'foreign' but how about the Bahamas? Oye... I promise I won't ramble on this much in future posts. :D

That itinerary doesn't start until next year, February I think, so no one has taken that specific cruise yet. I'm sure plenty of people have visited those ports and can answer your question though.

When I first saw the new itinerary I was excited since we've done the Conquest 3 time to the current ports, but like you, I now wonder if those ports would be as good as the current 3, which I really like, although I could do without Jamaica. There is a current thread asking people what is their least favorite port. Many people seem to not like Nassau and Freeport.

Okay, that makes sense. I was looking everywhere for a Carnival Conquest review for the Eastern Carribean. I guess I will go ahead and look at reviews for individual ports. I hope it's a good one. It would be nice to have a choice of itinerary for ships leaving Texas. Thanks Suzy. :o

That itinerary doesn't start until next year, February I think, so no one has taken that specific cruise yet. I'm sure plenty of people have visited those ports and can answer your question though.

When I first saw the new itinerary I was excited since we've done the Conquest 3 time to the current ports, but like you, I now wonder if those ports would be as good as the current 3, which I really like, although I could do without Jamaica. There is a current thread asking people what is their least favorite port. Many people seem to not like Nassau and Freeport.

I agree, it's different, but not exciting. They should have done Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya.

Okay, that makes sense. I was looking everywhere for a Carnival Conquest review for the Eastern Carribean.

Eastern Caribbean is a misnomer if not an outright fraud anyway. That itinerary doesn't come within 100 miles of the Caribbean much less the Eastern Caribbean. It's a Florida/Bahamas cruise.

I agree, it's different, but not exciting. They should have done Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya.

My sentiments exactly! :cool:

Roatan, Belize, and Costa Maya would be heavenly in the same cruise. 3 different countries and 3 different ports of call!

Originally Posted by nanuak viewpost.gif

All I can tell you is that we booked the 10:00AM, and were told to be at the Captain Marvin's office by 9:15.

If they are still doing business that way, I do not see how you could be tendered off the ship, and at their place of business, within 15 minutes of the boat being anchored.

Great, thanks so much, that's what I was afraid of. :rolleyes:

We have done Captain Marvin's the last 2 years on the 8:30 excursion and had PLENTY of time to get off the boat and to their office which is 5 minutes from the boat. The 8:30 time slot is fantastic because it's not real crowded at all.

I hope I'm posting in the right section. My husband and I took our honeymoon on the Conquest in May. We went to Montego Bay,Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We would like to take another cruise and the Conquest is the only one that leaves out of Galveston (close to home). I saw that they now have a cruise to Key West,Nassau and Freeport Bahamas. Has anyone taken this one and if so what is your review of it? I just want to make sure I'll still get that feeling that I'm so far from home and the stresses of daily life. I really like getting to see a bit of different culture and I just wonder if those places are too..... close to home? Obviously Key West won't feel 'foreign' but how about the Bahamas? Oye... I promise I won't ramble on this much in future posts. :D

I went on the Rhapsody in 05, we stopped in Key West. I originally didn't really care for it but I enjoyed it once we got there and would actually love to go back. I am also looking into this cruise. I don't think this itinerary starts until 2010. I've heard Nassau and Freeport are tourist stops pretty much but I still want to go just to say I've been.

I was searching for my list of spa treatments and prices that Carnival had sent me but I was unable to locate it.

I emailed carnival and they sent me a copy of their services offered and prices at that time.

My list probably would have been outdated since it has been over a year. I'm sure they can email you a copy too.

Hello,

My wife and I are new to cruising (we had one booked for this past summer and had to cancel). We are thinking about taking the conquest in July 2009 as well as some other options. My question is, does anyone know of any discount codes or ways to get some onboard credits? We are in research phase and trying to find the best deal. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

My wife and I are new to cruising (we had one booked for this past summer and had to cancel). We are thinking about taking the conquest in July 2009 as well as some other options. My question is, does anyone know of any discount codes or ways to get some onboard credits? We are in research phase and trying to find the best deal. Any help is greatly appreciated.

They (CCL) had a sale yesterday. There's a group from my area that has a group on July 5, 2009, you may be able to get a military or senior discount (code) but they are rare in July which is peak season.

I was noticing July wasn't a great time to get extras. I'm neither a senior nor in the military. If I use a code, will they check on me?

Also, is it cheaper to book directly through Carnival, or should I use an agent. I've worked with go away travel in the past and really liked them for our all inclusive trips, but I wasn't sure if a cruise would be the same.

Eastern Caribbean is a misnomer if not an outright fraud anyway. That itinerary doesn't come within 100 miles of the Caribbean much less the Eastern Caribbean. It's a Florida/Bahamas cruise.

My sentiments exactly! :cool:

yep, about the cheapest cruise if you are leaving from Florida, but from Texas its a new thing and surprisingly all the prices have gone up more on that itinerary. The Feb 09, first cruise doing Key West and Bahamas is already sold out, go figure. Ill be doing it sept 09. Didnt pick it on purpose.

Okay, that makes sense. I was looking everywhere for a Carnival Conquest review for the Eastern Carribean. I guess I will go ahead and look at reviews for individual ports. I hope it's a good one. It would be nice to have a choice of itinerary for ships leaving Texas. Thanks Suzy. :o

check out the glory is goes there for reviews

Well, the search function is down, but I don't remember seeing this covered before.

I've read that we can't bring irons for clothes on the ship, but what about curling irons and hair straighteners?

My stylist cut my hair too short to get another perm like I wanted before we sail at the end of the month. In order to do my hair now, I have to straighten it, then curl the ends so the part of the perm I have left isn't all frizzy looking.

So, can I bring the heated styling products I need in my luggage or carry-on without getting them confiscated? I'm certainly not willing or able to go to the ship's salon at least once a day, and a hair dryer isn't all I need to do my hair with.