Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

very cool i have never seen a waterproof digital camera. So did you take it under the water with out any type of protection. Did the smart card get wet at all? I am amazed with the new stuff on the market!

They also have disposable waterproof digital cameras now... pretty cheap and available at walmart. I decided to go with the disposable one vs. the real deal waterproof dig. camera on the fact the one my pawpaw (who buys and sells cameras) was tooo bulky... but it all goes to what you want. there are smaller ones too, i think.

I bought two waterproof cameras and wound up throwing them away. DFW doesnt have a sign saying film speed 800 and up needs to be hand carried thru the xrays, but they told me that after I had to go back through a second time. The disposable waterproof cameras I bought at CVC drug store btw.

I had some pecan butter, which was in a jar and hard as a rock that DFW said was a liquid so I had to go and check it with my checked luggage and they said the xray machine that is over by the counters to check in for sure would have ruined the film. (that's why I had to go thru the xray machine multiple times, my confusion over what was considered a liquid. they said if its not powder its a liquid).

Be careful if you are flying with the waterproof disposable cameras. DFW says that multiple times especially might make the film cloudy when its developed. Also, the 2nd time when you have to search it by hand, they rip the packaging off the cameras, which I had new and sealed with the receipts in the bag to show them. They still ripped them apart and took off the packaging and run their hand machine around the edge of the camera. So if you didnt use them both, the seal is broken, I was afraid to keep them much longer once all the seals on the packaging was broken open.

Yea for DFW, we are safe, they hand check that 800 dpi film waterproof camera.

Jamaica- Sunset Beach All inclusive. Great place for family - no pushers, great waterpark, pool, beaches-one for snorkling(not great-damage in a hurricane), one for water sport, and one for top optional (far and out of the way so no problem with kids). Foods was OK-did not try the restaurant (no swimsuit allow) . Drinks were great-not water down. A must for family with kids in Jamaica.

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/

Grand Cayman- Buccaneer Catamaran Stingray sandbar, Barrier reef, and Coral Garden. Stingray sandbar is a must experience for Grand Cayman. No problem for kids any age. These are very very docile and "human" friendly.

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Catamaran.htm

Cozumel-Paradise Beach. A great beach with great services.

http://paradise-beach-cozumel.net/

Have a great time on your cruise.

HEY THERE, WE ARE SO EXCITED TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE SAILING ON THE CONQUEST 3/25 OUT OF GALVESTON. THIS WILL BE OUR 2ND CONQUEST CRUISE (WE WENT LAST MAY '06) WE HAD SUCH A BLAST LAST YEAR THAT WE DECIDED TO SPEND OUR 25TH ANNIVERSARY ON BOARD THIS YEAR. WE BOTH STILL WORK.....SO WE CAN AFFORD TO CRUISE!!!! BUT ARE NEARING RETIREMENT. LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU. RAY AND LORRAINE

Conquest 3/18/07 – Almost there! (Actually, only got it booked last week!!!)

Few questions –

When booking RoseHall Beach in MoBay, does the ship excursion provide a bus/shuttle or do they just provide taxi vouchers? We are trying to decide between RoseHall and Sunset Beach with a group of 6 (2 kids) and wondered if the transportation would be more of a hassle.

When is Captains reception/party?

When is past passenger reception (is there one?)?

What does everyone else do with those towel animals?

very cool i have never seen a waterproof digital camera. So did you take it under the water with out any type of protection. Did the smart card get wet at all? I am amazed with the new stuff on the market!

All the pics and videos (see links below) were taken with this camera. No problem at all. Just have to remember - Waterproof up to 10'.

I have seen a lot of people refer Sunset Beach in Jamica, as a self excursion while on the Conquest. It looks awesome. I had read in an earlier post that it was $40 per adult, $20 per child. Where was this price quoted? I don't find it on the site. How do they know that your are a "cruiser" and only there for a few hours? Last questions, what all does that price include? How much are the alcoholic drinks there?

I would appreciate anyone's input on what you know about this resort.

The prices you quoted were what we paid in April of 2005.

Very nice place, all drinks and food inculded, pools, snorkering, beach area.

If you are worried about Jamacia, this from what we saw is a very safe place.

Hope this helps.

I have seen a lot of people refer Sunset Beach in Jamica, as a self excursion while on the Conquest. It looks awesome. I had read in an earlier post that it was $40 per adult, $20 per child. Where was this price quoted? I don't find it on the site. How do they know that your are a "cruiser" and only there for a few hours? Last questions, what all does that price include? How much are the alcoholic drinks there?

I would appreciate anyone's input on what you know about this resort.

That was the price I paid in August 2006 also. They will hold on to your fun pass(or sign and sail card) and return to you before you leave. For the price, you'll get food; drinks(alcoholic or non); non-motor sports-snorkeling, paddle boat, kayak; pools; water park. After all I have read on this site about Jamaica, Sunset Beach was the best fit for me and my kids.

I didn't go very far back in the pages, so I apologize if this has been asked an answered.

What is the latest on docking vs. tendering for Conquest at Cozumel? We are sailing April 8. We docked in December but we were on Grand Princess. I saw all of the Carnival ships tendering at that time.

Conquest 3/18/07 – Almost there! (Actually, only got it booked last week!!!)

Few questions –

When booking RoseHall Beach in MoBay, does the ship excursion provide a bus/shuttle or do they just provide taxi vouchers? We are trying to decide between RoseHall and Sunset Beach with a group of 6 (2 kids) and wondered if the transportation would be more of a hassle.

When is Captains reception/party?

When is past passenger reception (is there one?)?

What does everyone else do with those towel animals?

We took the Rose Hall Beach excursion in January. We were all transported together in a bus. In response to a thread on the Jamaica board I gave a full description of this tour. You can read it here, just scroll down. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=502581

I also have posted pictures of our cruise including several of the Rose Hall resort. Those can be viewed here. 2112834380080888825S425x425Q85.jpg

The Captain's Reception is held on the first formal night which is Monday night. The Past Guest parties are held at different times later in the week. Ours was held on Thursday night. You will receive an invitation with the ship pins the night before your party.

Our steward would take away the previous day's animal and replace it with a new one each evening so all we did with them was take a picture. :)

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the responses. I can't believe you get all of that for $40pp. Is it best to reserve that or just present our sail and sign when we get there by taxi. Food too !!! WOW!!! Paddle boats too!!! WOW!!:) Great deal.

Thanks for the responses. I can't believe you get all of that for $40pp. Is it best to reserve that or just present our sail and sign when we get there by taxi. Food too !!! WOW!!! Paddle boats too!!! WOW!!:) Great deal.

No reservation required nor taken for day pass. It was a great deal for our group. It was well worth it. Paid for it just the drinks themselves.

All of this great news is really making me sad. We are not going on our cruise until Aug. 2008. I started doing my research and checking for prizes and etc. and can't go until 08' This is horrible. I am going to go ahead and book the cruise soon, but still.... The reason that we are waiting is for my 1 year to turn 2, in order to attend camp Carnival. WoW this is going to be a miserable year. We can't afford to do a cruise this year and next year. Just needed to vent. THanks

I stumbled across an old thread from a few months back talking about staying in rooms with nothing across from them. I have booked room 7365 on the Empress deck and I am now a little concerned about the choice. I read that these "empty" spaces are crew workspace. The person said it was often loud at night and early A.M., equipment (fans, vaccuums etc) were blocking the hallway and the area sometimes stunk. I try and take the negative posts with a grain of salt but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I called carnival earlier to check on other available rooms and the only ones are at the back of the ship. Anyway was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks!

hmmm... i saw a post a few nights ago (i don't remember which ship it was) with some lifeboats hangin in one corner of the balcony. there were pictures and everything.

i don't know if that qualifies as "obstructed" in your book, but it does in mine. show me rail and water... that's all.

i only stated what i was told. since this is my first cruise ever, i dont think i could possibly know from experience what the inside of the ship looks like. however, i'm short. so maybe if i was on a ship, standing on the balcony, and something was there, i could probably still see just fine.:eek:

This may be a silly question but does anyone know if there is a photo maker, like the Kodak ones you make your own pictures from on the Conquest? There was one on the Elation and we loved printing out pics from that day right from the ship!

I don't think I have seen an answer to this yet. :confused:

There is a Kodak Picture Maker machine located in the same area where you can view/purchase your ship photos. I didn't use it, but I am sure it was there.

:D We finally made it to under a hundred days 'till the next one. YEAH!!:D

I didn't go very far back in the pages, so I apologize if this has been asked an answered.

What is the latest on docking vs. tendering for Conquest at Cozumel? We are sailing April 8. We docked in December but we were on Grand Princess. I saw all of the Carnival ships tendering at that time.

Not only will you be docked but you should be at the downtown pier (Punta Lagoosta).

In the main show lounge, the Toulouse-Latrec we saw the following shows on the 01/21/2007 sailing. Participatory means audience plays. Shows highlighted in Red are inappropriate for your children.

Sunday:

8:45 Trivia (Participatory)

9:15 Game Show Mania (Participatory)

10:00 Bingo

10:30 Welcome Aboard Show

Monday:

8:00 Bingo

8:30 Main Show (early seating)

10:30 Main Show (late seating)

12:00 Adult Comedy Show (18 and over)

Tuesday:

7:00 Main Show "Formidable" (late seating)

8:45 Main Show "Formidable" (early seating)

Wednesday:

7:00 Magic Show (late seating)

8:30 Bingo

9:00 Magic Show (early seating)

11:00 Adult Comedy Show (18 and over)

Thursday:

8:30 Main Show "Point and Click" (early seating)

10:30 Main Show "Point and Click" (late seating)

12:00 Adult Comedy Show (18 and over)

Friday:

8:45 Dance Class (Participatory)

9:15 Dance To The Big Bands (Participatory)

10:30 Main Show Juggler, Manuel Zuniga and Comedian, Greg Ray

Saturday:

8:30 Trivia (Participatory)

9:00 Game Show Mania (Participatory)

9:45 Bingo

10:20 Win a Cruise Raffle

10:30 Carnival Legends Show (featuring fellow cruisers)