Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hello, We're cruising several months from now on Conquest and just trying to get everything arranged ahead of time. I'e read some other threads about the hotels and it seems most mention that the hotels let you park there for the week if you stay with them on your cruise eve., do they have any catches?

They let you leave your vehicle there as long as you stay at their hotel before the cruise but what about after? Do they require a night post-cruise too?

Are there any hotels that do NOT let you park if you stay with them the night befoe you cruise?

Thanks!!

Most of the hotels will allow you to leave your vehicle on the property, while you are on your cruise, as far as post cruise...you would have to talk with the hotel directly about how long you would be leaving your vehicle there, i dont think they are going to mind for a day or so longer, but you might want to check with the hotel, that you choose to stay with for up todate details concerning this.

This is a incentive most of the hotels on the island have to market the hotel stay, and also to promote their hotel ....

The upper scales hotels charge a valet charge during the stay, but its free while you are on the cruise.....hope this is informative enough!

Found this on the Jamicia thread

We were on the 2/25 sailing of Freedom of the Seas and stopped in Montego Bay. We went to Doctor's Cove Beach and had a great time. We took the "shuttle" which was $4pp which is the same as the cab fare. It is $5 pp admission and we got two chairs and an umbrella for another $15. Rupert set them up for us and he took care of us, I gave him a $5 tip and he kept an eye on us thereafter. His friend Horace took us out in a boat past the rope line to snorkel and it was very good. That was $15 pp and I tipped him an extra $5. The snorkeling inside the rope line was also very good. The reef looks healthy and there was good coral viewing and fish. In short, the off beach snorkeling was excellent. We had lunch at the Groovy Grouper which was good - very good service. We decided on Doctor's Cove because we had never been to Montego Bay before and at least going there, we saw the downtown area on the way. The comments of Toronto-Jamaica proved very accurate about Doctor's Cove.

I am pretty certain that they have showers and lockers but we did not use them.

12 DAYS!!!!!!!

so which one are you doing Funhavn, we are going to be on the same cruise!!!! I cant wait! Be sure to check the roll call section for this cruise!!!

just got off our conquest cruise sunday and I believe the past guest party was on night 3. we went to the party.

Could you please post a review of the "highs & lows" of your cruise? What time did you get to the port and how long did it take to board? What time were you able to disembark? ANY recommendations / suggestions you have about anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Could you please post a review of the "highs & lows" of your cruise? What time did you get to the port and how long did it take to board? What time were you able to disembark? ANY recommendations / suggestions you have about anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I’m not to much on reviews because they take to long to write, But here going

Arrived in Galveston Cruise Terminal around 11:25, breezed right though and on the ship at noon. I did here from others on the ship that it was a mad house later during the day.

The ship was full 3500 passengers 1500 of which were kids, Spring Break.

Food and entertainment was great. They had five different comedians during the week. All were funny as hell. I ate the Warm Melting Chocolate Cake almost every night in the dinning room, That was the best stuff. Get extra Ice cream to go with it. The Lobster was on the first formal night and they were big and good. (Had two) and then the above desert again.

Arrived in all the ports on time, Montego Bay went to Doctor Caves Beach very nice and clean, the locals could not come on the beach and bother you. Would do again. Cayman did a Carnival trip. Hell/Turtle Farm/ & Stingray City. Super a must do. If you go to Hell have your post cards filled out and ready to go before you get there. Get back on the ship before 4pm. Our tour wasn’t over till after that and had to wait in about a 150 yard line in the sun to tinder back to the ship. Cozumel went to Paradise Beach, It was just OK. They bugged you to buy drinks all day and the beach smelled of fish and decaying seaweed.

We did the self-assist disembarkation and was off the ship by 7:45am. ( had to carry your own bags off)

All in all we had a great time and we have it booked for next spring break too.

I have all the Capers if anyone wants them, I’ll scan them in PDF format tomorrow for anyone that wants them just e-mail me robbiejackson@houston.rr.com and I’ll send them to you.

just got off our conquest cruise sunday and I believe the past guest party was on night 3. we went to the party.

I HAVEN'T HEARD MUCH ABOUT THE PAST GUEST PARTY. HOW DO THEY DETERMINE YOU'RE A PAST GUEST? I'VE BEEN TRYING TO PUT A PAST GUEST NUMBER ON CARNIVAL'S WEBSITE WITH NO SUCCESS.

ARE THERE FREE DRINKS LIKE THE CAPTAIN'S COCKTAIL PARTY?

I HAVEN'T HEARD MUCH ABOUT THE PAST GUEST PARTY. HOW DO THEY DETERMINE YOU'RE A PAST GUEST? I'VE BEEN TRYING TO PUT A PAST GUEST NUMBER ON CARNIVAL'S WEBSITE WITH NO SUCCESS.

ARE THERE FREE DRINKS LIKE THE CAPTAIN'S COCKTAIL PARTY?

Yes, basically 30 minutes of free drinks. If you have sailed once on Carnival, you will be assigned a past guest number after the cruise. When you sail a second time your card will be a gold color and your past guest number will be on it.

Try using your date of birth instead and the computer should pull up your past guest number and link it to your registration.

Dave

I heard this no longer works - why not call your TA?

It still works but not like it used to. You have to enter every cabin number individually with your booking number until you luck up and one is accepted.

Dave

I’m not to much on reviews because they take to long to write, But here going

Arrived in Galveston Cruise Terminal around 11:25, breezed right though and on the ship at noon. I did here from others on the ship that it was a mad house later during the day.

Food and entertainment was great. They had five different comedians during the week. All were funny as hell. I ate the Warm Melting Chocolate Cake almost every night in the dinning room, That was the best stuff. Get extra Ice cream to go with it. The Lobster was on the first formal night and they were big and good. (Had two) and then the above desert again.

Arrived in all the ports on time, Montego Bay went to Doctor Caves Beach very nice and clean, the locals could not come on the beach and bother you. Would do again. Cayman did a Carnival trip. Hell/Turtle Farm/ & Stingray City. Super a must do. If you go to Hell have your post cards filled out and ready to go before you get there. Get back on the ship before 4pm. Our tour wasn’t over till after that and had to wait in about a 150 yard line in the sun to tinder back to the ship. Cozumel went to Paradise Beach, It was just OK. They bugged you to buy drinks all day and the beach smelled of fish and decaying seaweed.

We did the self-assist disembarkation and was off the ship by 7:45am. ( had to carry your own bags off)

I have all the Capers if anyone wants them, I’ll scan them in PDF format tomorrow for anyone that wants them just e-mail me robbiejackson@houston.rr.com and I’ll send them to you.

Thank you so very much for your review!

[quote name='rsjc']I’m not to much on reviews because they take to long to write, But here going

I have all the Capers if anyone wants them, I’ll scan them in PDF format tomorrow for anyone that wants them just e-mail me [email]robbiejackson@houston.rr.com[/email] and I’ll send them to you.[/QUOTE]

Did you dock or tender at Cozumel?