Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

there is a photographer poised just in the right spot when you come off one of the first zips. he has a digital camera and gets several shots of each person.

unfortunately, i don't think there is any way your girls could come and just watch...since they would have to zip across to get to the next platform.

i would however, schedule a tour, or do something like a private beach excursion. i personally would not want to walk alone without my husband in jamaica. where we were, we had no problems at all. but we did not venture into any of the shopping areas and such.

There is a guy I have his email who will just take you shopping in Jamaica. I wanted to go and purchase some Blue Mountain, but everyone said the best idea is just to go to a grocery store. He said he will take you wherever you want like that for $15 a person. $25 for a longer tour if you want more. I got his email off the Jamaica port thread.

We are all going on the Conquest on Aug. 5th. I'm sure none of you all know the answer to this, but maybe your kids do, so if you can find out from your kids, my son will be grateful.

Does anyone know what video games are on board the Conquest in the arcade? And in the teens room, what game systems do they have.

Thanks,

R & L

I had to really search and finally did this screen print from Webshots. What I wanted was a picture from the back of the Conquest to see our cabin from the outside. Anyone have a pic from the back corner without the other stuff from webshots?

Here's port aft:

http://image50.webshots.com/50/9/24/44/392692444CADnsO_fs.jpg

Here's starboard aft:

http://image16.webshots.com/16/2/47/25/2599247250040287513fNRHmm_fs.jpg

Right click on the pic, and then select "set as background" or "desktop background" (depending on your browser).

thanks, you just caught me, leaving in the morning on a cruise. Just in time :)

The bad news is I get a message "web site declined to show this picture" or some such message when I click on your links, but thanks. I dont go on the Conquest until this fall, so lots of time.

The trick to it is if you get that message, to click on the URL in your browser and hit enter. When it reloads the second time it will pull the image up.

I went ahead and linked direct for you in the above post.

Dave

Sur Mer serves seafood. The fish and chips are awsome and they make a good seafood soup too. There won't be any lines on the first few days because no one knows where it is.

Where exactly can I find Sur Mer? I was on the ship last year and do not recall seeing it??? I love seafood and would really like to try it,.....

I'm afraid I'll be avoiding this thread, as even the thought of having to look at Tony Stewart every other post is absolutely nauseating... Too bad, because I liked the Conquest......

I guess looking at a boy with baby teeth is much more appealing for you.........sorry to hear that!:D

wow i didnt realize you couldnt walk outside on the decks. Our only other cruise was the norweigan sea and it was alot of fun walking around the ship on the deferent decks =).

You could but you would be going through everyones balconies.:D

Most of the newer ships are balcony heavy to increase the revenue for the cruiselines. There are still several decks topside that you can walk around and be outside.

Dave

they are very safety conscious here....but i did not see one scale around. i assume the expect people to "police" themselves as far as weight goes. dh was pretty close to it too....but we had no problems. the canopy tour was the highlight of dh's trip! we both loved it!!! i went scuba diving in grand cayman, and the dive was the highlight of my trip. the canopy was very very close 2nd.

we booked through carnival. i was told that the only way to take this canopy tour was to book directly through the cruise line. book early too!

we started out by being met by a guide(a sign too) in the cruise terminal in mobay. we waited for our time, then we all boarded an a/c'd bus to take about 20-30 minute ride into the hills/mountains. this was a beautiful ride!!! the jungle was incredible! the road trip there was an adventure in itself. :D we got to the chukka park, and had a potty break...only place so go then! got suited up in our harnesses with our gear-gloves, helmet etc. and off on a hike we went. there is quite a bit of walking and climbing "stairs". it rained on us so it was muddy too. we didn't mind. there were a total of 7 zip lines. it was beautiful. in my particular group, we had no kids. i'm not sure on an age requirement, so you might double check. they will take photos 6 for $20 usd. they are much better than the ones you can take. i suggest you purchase them...so take some $'s with you. they are great. they put them on a disc for you. safety safety safety! these people are great! they are fun and i never once felt unsafe. you have two pulleys and two lines.

this is a great excursion!! i would do it again, and have no problems taking my 12 yr old on it!!! DO IT, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!

We are planning to do this excursion in August. Did you wear shorts or pants? What about food? Was lunch during your excursion? Can't wait to do this excursion. Did you book it on the ship or did you book it on line?

I'm afraid I'll be avoiding this thread, as even the thought of having to look at Tony Stewart every other post is absolutely nauseating... Too bad, because I liked the Conquest......

Too funny! :p I'm not much of a Tony Stewart fan myself.

awesome! Why would Carnival recommend flying into Bush? Just to know- Thanks for your reply.

Probably because that's where all the major airlines fly into. Hobby is where Southwest Airlines flys into. I don't know who else uses it.