Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

[quote name='ConquestCruiser']RSJC,

Thanks for the Capers!! Do you know if the conquest is always docking now or are they still rotating with the Valor? Also how was the CD James Smith? I thought it was supposed to be Marc Price?? Did he move on or was he on vacation? Thanks!![/QUOTE]
According to Cozumelinsider website the Conquest is rarely having to tender. Some weeks its at the down town pier (Punta Langosta) & other times at the International pier. James was on the week we were there, and did not hear if the other guy was on Vac. Or not. James was good, he was on the Pride during our 2002 cruise. He was an assistant back then.

I was unimpressed with the 12-14 year old program on the Paradise. They did a great job with the 2-5 and 6-8 programs but really dropped the ball for teens. They don't have a place of their own and they weren't taken to many of the fun activities. For instance, while the great magic show and comedian was on, they were putting toppings on a pizza when they weren't even hungry to eat what they were making.

I've read that the [B]Conquest ship[/B] has more area for teens. Is this true? Does anyone have Camp Carnvial capers for the 12-14 group to share?

I've been researching for our next cruise and have notice that RCI has a dedicated area for 12-14s on some of their ships. I'd hate to have to jump ship, because we really enjoy Carnival, but it really was a bummer for my daughter. Luckily there was 1 girl in the program that she hooked up with and could explore the ship with by the end. It was a sold out sailing and there were only 15 12-14s at most in the group and it dwindled to 7 by the 3rd day. I think that says a lot about the quality. The 6-8's had 40 at the farewell party.

Thanks for your help!

[quote name='CarrieBl']I was unimpressed with the 12-14 year old program on the Paradise. <cut>

I've read that the [B]Conquest ship[/B] has more area for teens. Is this true? Does anyone have Camp Carnvial capers for the 12-14 group to share?

Thanks for your help![/quote]

Hey, I just noticed your signature line - we are going to be on the March 16th cruise also. I have currently have a 14 year old daughter, who is already trying to find someone to hook up with on the ship so she will know someone... Is your 12-14 year old a son or a daughter?

There also is roll call (sorta) started at:
[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=506089[/URL]

Ali's Mom

[quote name='relaxin1'][COLOR=navy][B]After getting quotes from several companies, I finally decided to go with Airport Transportation/Limo Service. An emoployee at Harbor House recommended this company and I am very glad. The owner is very nice and accommadating. So far, this company appears to provide professional, courteous and reliable service at reasonable prices. They actually monitor your flight so they will know when you actually land insuring you will not have to wait. This is not a shuttle service, therefore, you will not be making several stops before getting to your destination. Give this company a call and ask for a list of their references: they have many. According to the info they faxed to me their prices are as follows:[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][B]--Houston Hobby to Galveston - 1 to 3 people $95.00; 3 & over $35 per person.[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy][B]--IAH to Galveston - 1-3 people $135.00; 3 & over $40 per person.[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy][B]According to the info I received "all fees are included in prices above. Gratuity fee is between you and the driver, it is optional"[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][B]Also, to get a quote specific to your requirement give them a call.[/B][/COLOR]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=navy][B]Airport Transportation Services[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=navy][B]Dwayne Johnson[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=navy][B]866-926-9300 (toll free)[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=navy][B]281-585-7200 [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=navy][B]832-891-9690 (cell)[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=navy][B]airportcar@prodigy.net[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][COLOR=navy][B]Hope this helps. My group of 7 (4 adults and 3 children) will be using their services on [arriving] April 13 & [departing] April 22. I will be sure get on this board and let you all know if Airport Transportation lives up to my expectations[/B][/COLOR]. :rolleyes: [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Actually, our price doesn't seem that out of line then, since we have five - right? $135 plus $40 a piece for the other two would be a total of $215 each way (if my math is correct and I'm understanding your quote). Thanks!

[quote name='Imalismom']Hey, I just noticed your signature line - we are going to be on the March 16th cruise also. I have currently have a 14 year old daughter, who is already trying to find someone to hook up with on the ship so she will know someone... Is your 12-14 year old a son or a daughter?

Ali's Mom[/quote]

A daughter! She'll be 13 when we sail next year. How great to know there will be at least one girl her age. We booked connecting cabins in the middle of the Main deck. Where are you?

My daughter did go to Camp Carnival to meet kids and there were unfortunately only about 15 kids total in the 12-14 group even though the ship was full. Some of the activities were really lame, but once she became friends with one girl, they had a lot of fun buddying up and going around the ship. At first I was uneasy about letting her roam, but then I got comfortable as long as she didn't walk alone late at night. We had her stay put with her friend in the buffet restaurant and picked her up there.

We will definitely go to the 1st night orientation and family stuff to make sure the kids meet up with everyone.

Just a little note... We used Dwayne a few years ago before we lived in the area. The driver was very professional and courteous. we were going on a cruise for my son's make a wish trip and Alex really wanted Sonic and the driver did stop and get it for him on the way to the airport to pick us up. I would highly recommend them they do an excellent job.

[quote name='Imalismom']Hey, I just noticed your signature line - we are going to be on the March 16th cruise also. I have currently have a 14 year old daughter, who is already trying to find someone to hook up with on the ship so she will know someone... Is your 12-14 year old a son or a daughter?

Ali's Mom[/QUOTE]

We will be on there too..... March 16th 2008.

[quote name='cah14522']Actually, our price doesn't seem that out of line then, since we have five - right? $135 plus $40 a piece for the other two would be a total of $215 each way (if my math is correct and I'm understanding your quote). Thanks![/quote]

It would be $40 X5 for a total of $200. $135 is the flat rate for up to 3 people. However, please call to verify; as well as to get a quote specifically for your group needs (per flyer).

[quote name='CarrieBl']I was unimpressed with the 12-14 year old program on the Paradise. They did a great job with the 2-5 and 6-8 programs but really dropped the ball for teens. They don't have a place of their own and they weren't taken to many of the fun activities. For instance, while the great magic show and comedian was on, they were putting toppings on a pizza when they weren't even hungry to eat what they were making.

I've been researching for our next cruise and have notice that RCI has a dedicated area for 12-14s on some of their ships. I'd hate to have to jump ship, because we really enjoy Carnival, but it really was a bummer for my daughter. Luckily there was 1 girl in the program that she hooked up with and could explore the ship with by the end. It was a sold out sailing and there were only 15 12-14s at most in the group and it dwindled to 7 by the 3rd day. I think that says a lot about the quality. The 6-8's had 40 at the farewell party.

Thanks for your help![/quote]

I was not very impressed with the Camp Carnival program for 12-14 on the Paradise(1/06) either. The first night there were about 6 particpants in 12-14 range and it just dwindled from there. Although the program was not very much fun, my daughter still had a whole lot of fun. She actually enjoyed "hanging out" with her Grandmother and Mom;) at various times during the cruise. She did drop in on a some Camp Carnival activities when she saw something on the schedule that interested her. She also really enjoyed taking pictures and videos. ......And she can't wait to go on the Conquest on 4/15. Hopefully, the Conquest will have a more impressive program for the 12-14 range.

[quote name='cruiselovers04']Just a little note... We used Dwayne a few years ago before we lived in the area. The driver was very professional and courteous. we were going on a cruise for my son's make a wish trip and Alex really wanted Sonic and the driver did stop and get it for him on the way to the airport to pick us up. I would highly recommend them they do an excellent job.[/quote]

Wonderful! Good, sounds like my impression of Airport Tranportations is correct. Thanks for the recommendation!

WAS RECENTLY TOLD (WITH UNDERSTANDING THAT CHANGE IS POSSIBLE) THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY ASSIGNED RM 2403 ON MAIN DECK WHICH IS 6B. ANYONE HAVE ANY INSIGHT REGARDING ROOMS ON MAIN DECK, APPEARS TO BE BELOW LOBBY DECK WHICH HOUSES DINING ROOMS, NOISE????:confused: :confused: :confused:

PAULA

[quote name='lindslea']Has anyone eaten in the reservations only supper club on conquest? How was it? Was it worth the extra money?[/quote]
It was wonderful, but I'd only do it again if money isn't tight.
[quote name='EASY SAILING']WAS RECENTLY TOLD (WITH UNDERSTANDING THAT CHANGE IS POSSIBLE) THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY ASSIGNED RM 2403 ON MAIN DECK WHICH IS 6B. ANYONE HAVE ANY INSIGHT REGARDING ROOMS ON MAIN DECK, APPEARS TO BE BELOW LOBBY DECK WHICH HOUSES DINING ROOMS, NOISE????:confused: :confused: :confused:

PAULA[/quote]
Looks like 2403 will be under the kitchen. I've read that you can hear noise from the kitchen in some rooms, so it's possible. Th only cabin I've had on the main deck is 2434 which is further back, just in front of (and below) the aft dining room. It was great.

[quote name='jabba9']we're on the conquest now, all networks (including fox) present and accounted for... still puzzled at the lack of ESPN!

Mike[/quote]
Lucky you! Now quit watching TV and go have fun! :p

[quote name='relaxin1']It would be $40 X5 for a total of $200. $135 is the flat rate for up to 3 people. However, please call to verify; as well as to get a quote specifically for your group needs (per flyer).[/quote]

Sorry to be dense - but is that roundtrip, or each way? Thanks for the information.:confused:

[quote name='lindslea']Has anyone eaten in the reservations only supper club on conquest? How was it? Was it worth the extra money?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely worth it to me. If we go back we will go 2 nights. The service was excellent and the food wonderful. The steaks were delish and the deserts were so much better than described.

[quote name='jabba9']we're on the conquest now, all networks (including fox) present and accounted for... still puzzled at the lack of ESPN!

Mike[/quote]

Thanks Mike.....how was security, were they going thru luggage looking for smuggled alochol/non-alochol beverages?