Burn out velvet top in October?

rag doll

I'm going on a New England/Canada cruise in early October. I have a gorgeous black burn out velvet top that I would love to wear with black pants for one of the casual nights. It's style is not formal enough for formal wear, but I have worn it for "festive" attire for New Years, etc. Is it "too much" for casual night or is it "just wrong" to wear velvet in early October?

Thanks ladies for your opinions!

Hi:) In my opinion you will be fine! I am sailing to the Caribbean in Sept and one of my formal outfits is a long black velvet skirt....its in my pictures below...

Some may say it is not in season.....I feel great in it...:D ..so I would tell you...if you feel good in your top....you will probably look good too...so GO FOR IT:) !

Hey I see no problem with it. Here in the south you see velvet even in the summer at places. As long as it is air conditioned what is the big deal? But then we wear white in the winter too. If it is November and the temp is 85 why not wear shorts and sandals? On the other hand I would not do that on a 50 degree day.

Archived