8/22 Copenhagen Hotel Recommendation

CHACruiser

Just booked the 8/22 Northern Transatlantic from Copenhagen - NYC on the Veendam. Any recommendations for hotels in Copenhagen for 2 nights? Also, when might HAL have the shore excursions listed for this cruise? Any info from those who have been on this/similar cruise as far as weather, daylight/shore excursions would be terrific!

We have stayed twice at the Airport Hilton. It's very convenient because you can go downstairs at the terminal and walk over to it under ground. Then you walk back over to catch the train into city center (a block from Tivoli Gardens.)

We have stayed several times at the lovely Hotel D'Angleterre. It is a little on the costly side but very historic, beautiful and wonderful location. Easy walk to Stroget, Tivoli and Nyhavn.

I agree that D'Angleterre is gorgeous, though we've only been in the lobby and bar. It looks like a hotel SHOULD look. For maybe slightly fewer euros, we've stayed twice at the Hotel Admiral. It's in an old stone warehouse right on the harbor, about 3/4 mile from The Little Mermaid. Though the room decor is modern, the theme is nautical, and if you have a room overlooking the harbor you can look down on the sailboats and yachts tied alongside the broad walkway. We liked being in the older part of town, within a block or two of Nyhavn. They have a restaurant, though we enjoyed a couple of expensive beers while people-watching on Nyhavn, and there's a wonderful breakfast buffet designed for international travelers. Now I'm getting homesick for Copenhagen, one of my favorite cities.

Mrs Muir (Linda)

We have been to Copenhagen twice and have stayed in two lovely hotels both part of the same chain which is the Arp-Hansen. The first time we stayed in a lovely converted wharehouse on Nyaven called 71 Nyaven. It had a wonderful view over the canal.

The second time we stayed at the lovely Phoenix Hotel and were very impressed with the service. We arrived very early in the morning around 7am flying directly from home,(26 hours flying) and when we arrived we were given a room to have a shower and freshen up. It wasn't the larger room which we eventually got at 2pm but it did help us to start and get over jet lag as we always have a good breakfast on arrival and then keep on walking until dinner time! I would recommend both these hotels.

Jennie

When we were in Copenhagen we stayed several nights at the Scandic Hotel. It was located within walking distance of Tivoli Gardens and City Hall. The Scandic chain is affiliated with Hilton. We were very pleased with the accommodations and had a dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. Originally, we were booked at the Hilton near the airport, but found the Scandic to be much more convenient for sightseeing. We were able to pick up a hop on hop off tourist bus right near the hotel as well. Have a wonderful time in Copenhagen--there's so much to see and enjoy there.

Any info from those who have been on this/similar cruise as far as weather, daylight/shore excursions would be terrific!

My first trans-At was from Copenhagen to NYC, and I have done three round trips from NYC and Boston since.

If you'll list out your ports I be happy to give you some ideas of what I found there.

And it's been a long time since I've stayed there, but I agree with sail that the d'Angleterre is an exceptional hotel.

I can very strongly recommend the Copenhagen Marriott. I've always been treated very well there, it's got a great location on the river and within walking distance of all the sights, and it is a clean, modern hotel. Then again, "clean, modern" pretty much describes Copenhagen!

Archived