How many Florida cruisers are out there?

RMS Olympic

Ah the Costa Classica....I loved that ship. The maiden Voyage was a rocky start, but at least she was of the Old Costa, not the Joe farcus idea of Italian design.

Classica...Euroluxe she wasn't but so different. The Lobby...spectacular.

And I had such a good time on that ship...;) ;) ;)

I miss the old Costa......the last Costa ship I sailed on was the Atlantica...and it was "the last".....hated it. Now the Victoria....now that ship has stories to tell.......ooo la la.

La Doce Vita!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ah the Costa Classica....I loved that ship. The maiden Voyage was a rocky start, but at least she was of the Old Costa, not the Joe farcus idea of Italian design.

Classica...Euroluxe she wasn't but so different. The Lobby...spectacular.

And I had such a good time on that ship...;) ;) ;)

I miss the old Costa......the last Costa ship I sailed on was the Atlantica...and it was "the last".....hated it. Now the Victoria....now that ship has stories to tell.......ooo la la.

La Doce Vita!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

It was a great ship. I was the Assistant CD on the Maiden Voyage and, you're right, there was a bit of a rocky start. It was the first time they tried the "Euroluxe Cruising" idea. The people, however, wanted the old "Cruising Italian Style". The best part was getting to live in a chalet in Venice for about 3 weeks before she was ready to set sail. I was also fortunate enough to have been able to go to Barcelona for the Olympics and Seville for the World's Fair. Ahh....memories ;) (and believe me, the Classica has stories to tell as well)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there...My partner & I live in Ft. Lauderdale. We are sailing with friends on Carnival Valor 5/25/08! This is our first cruise together and we are so excited. We are relatively new to the Cruise Critic "world", and we're looking forward to making new "e-friends" here!

Angel & AnitaMarie, welcome! My partner and I are in Jacksonville, FL, and just got back from Enchantment of the Seas, our 7th cruise, and we now have 3 future cruises booked all on RCCL ships. Can you tell we're hooked?! LOL

Terry

Hi Rick & Terry! Thanks for the reply...we certainly can tell that you guys are hooked! LOL! Although this is our first cruise together, we definitely will be cruising again! My partner is a travel agent and she is always looking for ways for us to "see the world"! I'm not sure where we will be sailing next, but she has her eye on the Genesis Inaugural cruise! The thought of Central Park and a levitating bar (more than I can imagine!) really seems to excite her...lol! Anyway, it's nice to meet you and maybe one day we'll all end up on the same ship.

Angel

Steve and I (Bob) live in Boynton Beach....just south of West Palm. We travel a lot abroad and always thought cruising would be a bore. Got dragged on a short cruise with some friends in January....just got back from a second cruise to the Caribean last week and just booked another for December15 (Celebrity-Century). We are recent converts!

Hi Rick & Terry! Thanks for the reply...we certainly can tell that you guys are hooked! LOL! Although this is our first cruise together, we definitely will be cruising again! My partner is a travel agent and she is always looking for ways for us to "see the world"! I'm not sure where we will be sailing next, but she has her eye on the Genesis Inaugural cruise! The thought of Central Park and a levitating bar (more than I can imagine!) really seems to excite her...lol! Anyway, it's nice to meet you and maybe one day we'll all end up on the same ship.

Angel

Yes, we have our eye on Genesis, too! We have a large group that went on Liberty last October that is planning a reunion cruise on the Genesis ship. Depending on when Genesis comes out and when our group decides to book, we may change our current booking for Freedom in Oct. 2009. I can't wait to sail on the Genesis ship!!

Steve and I (Bob) live in Boynton Beach....just south of West Palm. We travel a lot abroad and always thought cruising would be a bore. Got dragged on a short cruise with some friends in January....just got back from a second cruise to the Caribean last week and just booked another for December15 (Celebrity-Century). We are recent converts!

It's easy to get hooked! I love traveling in Europe and want to take my partner some day, but we keep booking cruises instead! LOL

Just booked the Maasdam Montreal to Boston. Our last cruise was New Zealand and Australia. There were dozens of gay men on that cruise-quite a few were Floridians! Disembarked in Sydney just in time for Mardi Gras. Liz and I were the only lesbians we could find. Same on our South America Valpariso around Cape Horn to Rio. Love HAL

Liz & Holly

We booked the Maasdam on the same itinerary last year (May 26) for our pre-wedding cruise. We were married on arrival in Montreal. It was a fabulous cruise although in May Halifax was a little damp and cold - but a great place to visit nonetheless.

We're in West Palm Beach

Paul & Karl

Naples representatives here! (I think we're the only ones so far?!)

Cool to see Gay cruisers from all over the state. :)

We can't wait 'til our first all Gay cruise--Atlantis' eastern Caribbean charter this coming January. It'll be different!

Neil and JJ here, live in Pembroke Pines, not far from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. we just celebrated our 20 year anniversary May 28th.... Our next cruise is Carnival Liberty on 11/29. Now if I could only retire in 20 years aboard a ship, that would be awesome.