How many Florida cruisers are out there?

RMS Olympic

Happy holidays to all. I'll be leaving Saturday to visit my family a few days in the actic tundra of Illinois. Okay, that may not be arctic to some, but for someone who has been in FL over 22 yrs now, it's arctic! LOL

Having been born & raised in Chicago myself, I know exactly how you feel! Now that I've been in FL for almost 10 years, I will not visit Illinois in the winter months. All of my friends call me a wimp now but I don't care. My body is just not used to that type of cold anymore! My partner is the same way (raised in Detroit, MI). :eek:

Hope you enjoyed your trip and had a happy holiday season!

Angel :)

Hello just a quick question, have you ever been to this bar/rest and is it any good as we are coming in april and want to try it out.look forward to your reply also we are staying at pier 66 how far would it be from there would you know that as well. I do appreciate all info you can provide me at this time thanks

Tim :)

...greetings from Fort Lauderdale!

Angel & AnitaMarie :)

Hello just a quick question, have you ever been to this bar/rest and is it any good as we are coming in april and want to try it out.look forward to your reply also we are staying at pier 66 how far would it be from there would you know that as well. I do appreciate all info you can provide me at this time thanks

Very close to your hotel is the 15th Street Fisheries....They should have what you're looking for....

What bar/rest? Got a name?

Yep...I'm a White Sox fan too!

I'm a HUGE football fan so my first love is the Bears! It's hard living down here so close to Miami and the Super Bowl is here...buy not my team! :confused: LOL!

I believe that my partner (Larry) and I met you and your partner onboard the Solstice a while back ... am I correct?

Yep...I'm a White Sox fan too!

I'm a HUGE football fan so my first love is the Bears! It's hard living down here so close to Miami and the Super Bowl is here...buy not my team! :confused: LOL!

Yeah, we had it good three years ago....!

Good to see the Blackhawks representing at least...

Hi,

I'm a native New Yorker living in Fort Lauderdale for the past 15 years. Getting ready to sail on the Eurodam, Feb 27th departure. Can't wait. I always get a thrill whether I'm on Fort Lauderdale Beach, or going over the causeway, and I see the ships, even after 15 years. It's in my blood.

Best,

Bruce:o

For those of us living in the Fort Lauderdale area, has anyone ever suggested getting together sometime so we can meet face to face rather than just online? I don't know if it has been done before. The California and Maryland posters have done it.

Edited by rienreiter

For those of us living in the Fort Lauderdale area, has anyone ever suggested getting together sometime so we can meet face to face rather than just online? I don't know if it has been done before. The California and Maryland posters have done it.

Hi Juan,

Larry & I would be up for it, so feel free to set it up!

Hi RienReiter,

Great idea. Let's do it. Where do we go from here?

Best,

Bruce

HAL Volendam 10 Day Southern Caribbean Dec 2005

HAL Zuiderdam 7 Day Eastern Caribbean Apr 2006

CARNIVAL Miracle 8 Night Southern Caribbean Mar 2008

NCL Dawn 14 Day Southern Caribbean Nov 2008

CARNIVAL Miracle 8 Night Southern Caribbean Dec 2009

HAL Eurodam 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Feb 2010

Edited by bas7

Orlando here as well

been here since 1987 and partnered since 1996.

we are headed on our third cruise

first was a 3 day to the caribbean

2nd was a 12 day greek isle cruise on Nautica with Oceania (wonderful line)

3rd is a river cruise of Danube in July of 2010.

we have not taken a "gay cruise' but have never been uncomfortable on any of the cruises we have taken already.

Hello Larry and David and other south Florida posters:

I'm waiting a few more days to see what other responses I receive and then I'll make a move. Anyone have any suggestions as to where would be a good place to meet? Since most people live on the east side, I would think it is more convenient to meet somewhere out that way. Does Alibi's sound like a good place for drinks? All ideas are welcome.

Juan

Hello Larry and David and other south Florida posters:

I'm waiting a few more days to see what other responses I receive and then I'll make a move. Anyone have any suggestions as to where would be a good place to meet? Since most people live on the east side, I would think it is more convenient to meet somewhere out that way. Does Alibi's sound like a good place for drinks? All ideas are welcome.

Juan

Hi Juan,

Alibi is good for us ... let us know.

Edited by daviddfld