How many Florida cruisers are out there?

RMS Olympic

My apologies, I didn't realize we had already posted on this thread, so some of that is very redundant of the first post, but we were still happy to see your thread. Have a Happy New Year!

Hey Ken and Fred! Wow, 60 couples on one cruise? That is epicly awesome with it not being planned! Wish we could luck into that!

My wifey and I will be on the Nov. 24th, 2012 first full U.S. Inaugural of the Carnival Breeze. We just got off of the Dream last week.

Well we figured all of you have so much experience cruising and we have only been twice before that we would ask for some of your opionions. We are looking to take a cruise in May 2012. We would like to leave out of the state of Florida however as long as it is out of the US it would work. We have sailed Carnival and Disney. Will not be able to be away more than 7 nights. Any suggestions?

Hey Ken and Fred! Wow, 60 couples on one cruise? That is epicly awesome with it not being planned! Wish we could luck into that!

My wifey and I will be on the Nov. 24th, 2012 first full U.S. Inaugural of the Carnival Breeze. We just got off of the Dream last week.

I can see that you like Carnival. We did our first Carnival this Fall on the Freedom and had a great time. We also did the Aquafest Halloween cruise out of New Orleans. There were 550 gay folk of which 160 were women. It was awesome. Hope we bump into each other on a cruise one of these days. Happy New Year.

Best wishes for all in this new year....may it be filled with at least one good cruise for everyone.

I am consideringa cruise in April before ships leave their Caribbean routes for the summer. I hope to try doings a booking the week of a cruise to see if there are any unsold cabins that would be available at a low price (or at least drop the single surcharge). Since I can drive to Tampa, Cape canavaral,Ft lauderdale or Miami...the posiibilities are numerous.

My big ticket item this year is a land tour (imagine a non cruise vacation!!!!) to Peru to see Machu Picchu. Going with my oldest friend and hoping to get others to go along forming a nice group of "family".

2013...tentatively booked on the inaugural/ transatlantic crossing of NCL's Breakaway. Not a fan of NCL.....but booked the cruise anyway.......its in April, just like the Titanic.....could be fun!. May replace this with the Royal Princess maiden voyage depending on the route and cost as I expect it to be a Med cruise.

Happy sailings to all!

Tom

Not sure what our cruise plans are as of yet...

I have a big bday coming up in June...If we don't head up to P-town to celebrate with friends, we may book a Celebrity or MSC cruise....Looking to do another Halloween cruise end of October, and it looks as tho we are booking an NCL trip out of Miami the last week of Jan 2013 with a large group of 50 or so...we met 10 of them on last year's Epic trip (all from the Twin Cities), and have kept in touch ever since....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Two guys from Vero Beach - been together 20 years. Fairly new to cruising on a ship :) with 2 under our belts so far and two more booked. Only Norwegian so far. We'd love to meet new friends. Check below for our 2 next cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We'll be on the Carnival Liberty 4/14/12 for 7 days of bliss. This will be my girlfriend and I very 1st cruise and we are so excited! We are actually overly excited because we already have everything packed lol.

We are from Fort Lauderdale, FL. Any FOD's onboard with us?

554828_2908532947845_1096200009_32207010_1256278323_n.jpg

We'll be on the Carnival Liberty 4/14/12 for 7 days of bliss. This will be my girlfriend and I very 1st cruise and we are so excited! We are actually overly excited because we already have everything packed lol.

We are from Fort Lauderdale, FL. Any FOD's onboard with us?

Hi, Pinklover! We'll be sailing on April 14 as well (did you realize that's the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic?) - but we'll be on Carnival Dream.

Terry

Edited by Jaxxgent

Booked on the maiden voyage of the NCL Breakaway sailing from Southampton to New york on April 30, 2013.

Originally planned to make the inaugural of the new Royal Princess, but may now shoot for her first Caribbean cruise after she leaves the Mediterranean in late October.

Next dream trip...New Zealand, but have to do some serious saving for that one.:cool: Maybe Jan of 2014:rolleyes:

Hi Tom,

My partner are I are in the Palm Harbor area which is due south of you! I have never been able to figure out the Brooksville thing either other then maybe it is reasonable living up there.

We are taking a family cruise come this June since my daughter is leaving for college two weeks later.

Great part of living in this area is the ability to take quick cruises out of Tampa or Port Carn. !!

We are a gay couple in Central Florida that have been together for 6 years. We love cruises and usually go in April, September and December. We'd love to meet other couples or singles to hang with on the ships.

Our upcoming 2012 sailings are: April 19th on Carnival Ecstacy from Port canaveral

September 15th on Carnival Fascination from Jax

December 6th on Carnival Destiny from Miami.

Mike and Tom

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruisers from florida we are not gay, but we have many friends who are and we adore you all. Am I and dh not allowed to post on here or become friends with our other gay friends? We love our family, most of our friends are gay so what gives. they are people like the rest of us, would like to travel in the future with some of you, anyone up for next year to either Asia Viet Nam, or the Baltics in July 2013? I would love to see other countries with friendly wise people as yourselves... why not go with happy people instead of old crabby ones. let us know we love you all.

I am moving to Florida, Citrus County late next year.

I was wondering how many Cruise Critic gay and Lesbian posters there are in Florida and what parts of the state they reside. Not everyone can be from Ft lauderdale nor the Miami area. Me I will be in the rural area near Crystal River and figure I can buzz down to Tampa/St Pete or venture to the big city of Ft lauderdale when I need to get away.

Just curious as to how many posters are spread throughout the state...

Looking on gay web sites, there seems to be alot of people from Brooksville....cant figure why Brooksville.

Tom

Tom there are not many places in brooksville, not many there at all mostly in Ybor city, and where you coming to live is the most radical place on earth against gays. Try coming and visiting to st. pete, or clearwater where we all accept you. we love our gay friends, I am not gay nor is my darling husband but we have alot of gay friends in tampa and st. pete area. In citrus county is not the ideal to place to live if your gay... not to tell everyone there you are at least. i will send you a copy of being on my friends list and then we can find places for you. My friend who is an agent for me is gay maybe u and him can be friends or hook up. its up to you. stay cool hang in there ... sweet.:D

Best wishes for all in this new year....may it be filled with at least one good cruise for everyone.

I am consideringa cruise in April before ships leave their Caribbean routes for the summer. I hope to try doings a booking the week of a cruise to see if there are any unsold cabins that would be available at a low price (or at least drop the single surcharge). Since I can drive to Tampa, Cape canavaral,Ft lauderdale or Miami...the posiibilities are numerous.

My big ticket item this year is a land tour (imagine a non cruise vacation!!!!) to Peru to see Machu Picchu. Going with my oldest friend and hoping to get others to go along forming a nice group of "family".

2013...tentatively booked on the inaugural/ transatlantic crossing of NCL's Breakaway. Not a fan of NCL.....but booked the cruise anyway.......its in April, just like the Titanic.....could be fun!. May replace this with the Royal Princess maiden voyage depending on the route and cost as I expect it to be a Med cruise.

Happy sailings to all!

Tom

where are you doing this trip?? My big ticket item this year is a land tour (imagine a non cruise vacation!!!!) to Peru to see Machu Picchu. Going with my oldest friend and hoping to get others to go along forming a nice group of "family".

We love to join you, if you can tell us where and when?? will you be doing this with others, we love to join you both or however many.. let us know. thanks

sweet

I would like to know if;) anyone wants to do a Big Florida Trip on a Ship for all of us to join in... I mean a nice trip for 2013... Not too expensive maybe for 5 or 7 days, that all of us can do this, and we can get to know each other. Wheter we are gay or not, then we can all have a nice time?:D

any one up to this? We are from the tampabay area... anyone else interested in this?