How many Florida cruisers are out there?

RMS Olympic

Here in the Nature Coast

Sailing the Grand Princess on Dec 10th to the southern Caribbean. Anxious to see the ships refit work. Although it is about a 4 hour drive to Ft Lauderdalel..perhaps go a day early and spend the evening bouncing around town. By Dec. I should be really ready to get on the ship!!!!!!

We're a little south of Tampa and really like the west coast WAY more than southeast Fla. We're not there all year however. I think the only place hotter than Fla in the summer is Hell! We're on Cape Cod April-ish Oct-ish Needless to say, right now, we're on the Cape and, will be until OCT going to Europe and sailing home on Celebrity "Silhouette". Have already posted on the "roll call board"

Now to figure out who is a cruise junkie and who is a ship addict.....two different species...although I fit into both categories.....does that mean I am Bi? LOL

lol cute. Clearwater here and I usually cruise out of Tampa or Port Car. Royal Caribbean has added more ships from Tampa, it is quick and easy to park.

I am from atlantic beach flroida small beach town 20 miles east of jacksonville just join cc a couple of weeks ago it is very informative of what you need to know about cruising. Been on 2 cruises myself and fell in love with it. 2 ships were glory w/carnival and mariner of the seas w/royal c.hope you enjoy florida.

I am from atlantic beach flroida small beach town 20 miles east of jacksonville just join cc a couple of weeks ago it is very informative of what you need to know about cruising. Been on 2 cruises myself and fell in love with it. 2 ships were glory w/carnival and mariner of the seas w/royal c.hope you enjoy florida.

Hi, Duval009! We're Terry & Rick, live near Craig Airport, vicinity of St. Johns Bluff Road & Atlantic Blvd. Cruising is certainly addictive, just look how many we've been on since we started in 2004! LOL

Terry

hi, duval009! We're terry & rick, live near craig airport, vicinity of st. Johns bluff road & atlantic blvd. Cruising is certainly addictive, just look how many we've been on since we started in 2004! Lol

terry

trying to save money to go on cruise next year probably out of jax very easy to get to not sure what month as of yet. Dont have a picture up yet but i am 5 5 142 singel white male cruiser and young looking 43.

Slightly south east of Tampa here and my partner and I are booked for another Carnival Cruise (Legend) out of Tampa in the spring (March 18, 2012). Love cruising out of Tampa because many times we can get friends to drop us off and pick us up so no parking fees! :)

trying to save money to go on cruise next year probably out of jax very easy to get to not sure what month as of yet. Dont have a picture up yet but i am 5 5 142 singel white male cruiser and young looking 43.

Very cool! Send me an e-mail sometime, twjax at comcast dot net

Terry

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I wanted to take advantage of the Diamonds in December event for RCI but didn't really have a lot of time off from work for a vacation. So, I went ahead and booked Monarch out of Port Canaveral for 12/09/2011 with a fried of mine from Canada. It's only a 3 nighter, but ANY cruise is a good time! That's one advantage to living in Orlando...you are so close to Port Canaveral and Tampa. Maybe some other Florida cruiser will be onboard.

Departing Ft Lauderdale on the Grand princess. As I am driving over to fT LAUDERDALE the night before...any suggestions on where to eat dinner that night (Friday)? Something nice after a 4.5 hour drive:cool:

I love Il Mulino for great Italian in a gay friendly environment. Prices are reasonable too. http://www.ilmulinofl.com/

Of course if you want an all gay environment, head over to Rosie's in the heart of the gay ghetto (Wilton Manors aka Wilma). It used to be Hamburger Mary's years ago. Very fun and of course a full bar (good strong drinks!) and an outdoor patio.

Ernie

Departing Ft Lauderdale on the Grand princess. As I am driving over to fT LAUDERDALE the night before...any suggestions on where to eat dinner that night (Friday)? Something nice after a 4.5 hour drive:cool:

The Alibi in Wilton Manors has the best hamburger around and great bar:D

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are Ken & Fred from Fort Lauderdale. We were happy to see this thread as we like to touch base with fellow gay travelers before we depart. Last year we did a Transatlantic on the Celebrity Solstice and there were something like 60 gay couples on board, nothing organized and purely random. It was great. Our next cruise is on HAL Rotterdam departing San Diego on January 4. Anyone else on-board?

Hey guys its duval009 from jax its been a while been busy working.merry christmas to you both . Going cruising out of jax oct 27th/12 5 dayer with a group of friends come along for the ride.

Would love to, but we will be on RCCL's Freedom of the Seas then, a 7 dayer that leaves Oct 21, 2012, and returns Oct 28, 2012. Sorry!

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tom, We're Ken and Fred and we are one of those couples that live in Fort Lauderdale. We moved down here from Long Island, New York nearly 6 years ago and have loved every minute of it. We also love to cruise and live nearby the port which makes it very easy to jump on a ship whenever we want. Good luck with your move.