How many Florida cruisers are out there?

RMS Olympic

Any single guys or gals sailing on the Disney Magic Eastbound Transatlantic, April 10 Cruise?

A repeat Disney Cruiser, I find they are a lot of fun even for adults and I have met some great married couples previously.

I am traveling with couples, and I don't want to be a complete third or fifth wheel. :o

I would like to meet single friends to hang out with on the cruise. I hope I am not the only single adult on the ship!:)

Paleeeeze write about your TransAtlantic experience on Disney. I have never sailed Disney, but find myself looking at a 2011 Sept crossing. I figure a crossing would be less children oriented, but wonder if there is enough adult activities to keep me occupied for a two week cruise.

I understand there are adult only areas...but would limitations become very apparent on a crossing?

So please write about the pros and cons after your trip.

Thanks from Citrus County.

Tom

I have gay friends from Cocoa Beach who have sailed on Disney a couple of times and LOVED it! They say a good portion of employees tend to be gay, so they always felt very welcome, and said all the kids were never an issue...

For myself, I'm waiting until the DREAM comes out...That ship is going to be pretty amazing...!

The Dream...as a bear lover which you appear to be....seeing you slide down that tube slide might be worth the price of the cruise........:D:D:D

I too am looking towards sailing the Dream...kids and all.

But for now, its a Sept 2011 crossing that has my attention.......

Any single guys or gals sailing on the Disney Magic Eastbound Transatlantic, April 10 Cruise?

A repeat Disney Cruiser, I find they are a lot of fun even for adults and I have met some great married couples previously.

I am traveling with couples, and I don't want to be a complete third or fifth wheel. :o

I would like to meet single friends to hang out with on the cruise. I hope I am not the only single adult on the ship!:)

I'm sure you won't be the only single adult. My partner and I sailed on DISNEY WONDER a couple months ago. It was a great experience and there was other "family" onboard (and single adults!).

The kids were never a problem and the entertainment was fantastic!

Enjoy!

Ernie

the dream...as a bear lover which you appear to be....seeing you slide down that tube slide might be worth the price of the cruise........:d:d:d

i too am looking towards sailing the dream...kids and all.

But for now, its a sept 2011 crossing that has my attention.......

;) .....

Gee, I was just thinking I should write and ask if there were any Ocala cruisers out there....and now you post.

As big as Ocala is, I figured there had to be cruisers living up there.

Ocala...has become the big city for me.......I am up there quite often, and if in the morning..I hit IHOP on route 200 in south Ocala.

I see you are sailing the Epic in October.....I will be on her Sept 11th.

Small world isn't it.

I am still getting use to this part of Florida which reminds me more of a cross between Georgia and North Carolina.

The area is growing on me slowly...love the quiet, yet central loction where I can drive to most anything Florida has to offer. This spring, a road trip to see the Cape Kennedy Space complex......

Also maybe taking some courses to get the brain going again. Now if spring would only hit and warm this place up.

Tom

Paleeeeze write about your TransAtlantic experience on Disney. I have never sailed Disney, but find myself looking at a 2011 Sept crossing. I figure a crossing would be less children oriented, but wonder if there is enough adult activities to keep me occupied for a two week cruise.

I understand there are adult only areas...but would limitations become very apparent on a crossing?

Tom

Absolutely, I will give a detailed overview of the experience...I am quite anxious to know what adult activities, lectures, etc. are aboard the ship, as we are at sea for 6 straight days! I can't locate any of that information, and am most excited...and I hope I don't have to resort to bingo or macrame.

Tom

I have highly recommended Disney to my single friends! I went with friends in January for a 3 day aboard the Wonder and had a blast. The Service and staff are spectacular. They staff really appreciate the single people who travel-especially in the bars! As you know, most of the industry staff is gay, and they really excel at customer service on Disney!. I can hardly wait to see what activities they have on the 14 day. I saw a copy of a TA Navigator from 2007 and they had onboard performances from Boyz II Men and Josh Groben, a dating game show, singles party and Murder Mystery Treasure hunt!

I do so wish they would send us copies of the Navigator Activities NOW! LOL..I will provide a report upon my retrun at the end of April!!

Thanks for the comments......makes me think a TA next year on Disney might be doable. The only issue is the one way airefare...ouch. But that would be the case with any TA.

Will look inot the Sept 2011 crossing a bit closer.

Thanks

Hello again from Jacksonville, Fl. I am a single looking forward to two Trans Atlantic cruises this year,

May 17th 21 days on Holland American's Prinsendam.. Ft. Lauderdale to Amsterdam.

October 3rd 12 days on Norwegian Sun, Dover to Cape Canaveral.

When you consider the expense of one way air fare it makes sense to do round trip air and a cheap Trans Atlantic home.

Trips include five nights in Amsterdam and six nights in Paris...

Anyone on either of theses cruises?

Dennis

Jacksonville

387 days at sea

33 cruises

11 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific

Booked

21 day TA HAL Prinsondam May 2010

12 day TA Norwegian Sun Oct 2010

Edited by AFuncruiser

Hello again from Jacksonville, Fl. I am a single looking forward to two Trans Atlantic cruises this year,

May 17th 21 days on Holland American's Prinsendam.. Ft. Lauderdale to Amsterdam.

October 3rd 12 days on Norwegian Sun, Dover to Cape Canaveral.

When you consider the expense of one way air fare it makes sense to do round trip air and a cheap Trans Atlantic home.

Trips include five nights in Amsterdam and six nights in Paris...

Anyone on either of theses cruises?

Dennis

Jacksonville

387 days at sea

33 cruises

11 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific

Booked

21 day TA HAL Prinsondam May 2010

12 day TA Norwegian Sun Oct 2010

Hello, neighbor! It will be a few more years until I retire, then hopefully we can do trips like that.

Have a great weekend!

Terry

I'm sniffin around to see what line or ship to do a fall TA next year.

This year is full....Epic in Sept, Pride Of America early Nov. Then Nieuw Amsterdam in Jan.

Calling all Floridians to get on Epic for the Sept 11th sailing...or the New Nieuw Amsterdam on Jan 9th. Both cruises have great prices.

I'm sniffin around to see what line or ship to do a fall TA next year.

This year is full....Epic in Sept, Pride Of America early Nov. Then Nieuw Amsterdam in Jan.

Calling all Floridians to get on Epic for the Sept 11th sailing...or the New Nieuw Amsterdam on Jan 9th. Both cruises have great prices.

Epic on that date could be a good sailing....we've pre-booked a cabin and have been talking about late August or early Sept....

• 3 weeks later...
Wow--thats alot of Floridians in this string...... booking for the Valor on Apr 11th.....any suggestions on where to stay and maybe have a drink -- all thats close to the port for the next day?:D

Any of the downtown hotels would not be too far..even South Beach is a fairly quick cab ride...

That would be great if you could sail on Sept 11 on Epic.

Would love to see a bear go down that big slide they have on Epic.

First round is on me after boarding.

Well, of to the gym.........have a great day.

Doesn't look like those dates are going to work out after all...:(

At this point, we area looking at the Aquafest Halloween cruise or perhaps the Celebrity Solstice the last week of October...

I'm leaning to Celebrity, but my partner is partial to NCL....

The Solstice would be my choice over an NCL ship. I sailed on the Solstice on her maiden voyage......

Ship is lovely. I think the dinning room is just beautiful even if some think it is too stark.

Service good, food, good, bar service great...especially at the Martini bar.

Now that Solstice is broken in, suspect she is even better.

Sorry you cant make the Epic.......dont expect much, but intend to have a fun time.

Now if I only knew what ship or cruise line to sail a transatlantic crossing.