How many Florida cruisers are out there?

RMS Olympic

Hey Neil and JJ - Richard and Michael here from Hollywood. We're off on the Freedom of the Seas in a couple weeks!

Hey guys, enjoy your cruise on the Freedom, and dont forget to let us know how it was! If you are in Hollywood, we are almost neighbors. Maybe we shop at the same Publix...lol

Hey guys, enjoy your cruise on the Freedom, and dont forget to let us know how it was! If you are in Hollywood, we are almost neighbors. Maybe we shop at the same Publix...lol

We shop at the Publix at Sheridan and 52nd Street, keep your eye out for us! :eek:

Kissimmee, here. I'll be cruising on September 21, 2008 on the Mariner of the Seas and on September 20, 2009 on the Freedom of the Seas. I'd love to get the chance to meet any other family cruisers who may be sailing at either of those times.

HAPPY CRUISING, EVERONE!!!! GayPrideFlagSmiley.gif

Kissimmee, here. I'll be cruising on September 21, 2008 on the Mariner of the Seas and on September 20, 2009 on the Freedom of the Seas. I'd love to get the chance to meet any other family cruisers who may be sailing at either of those times.

HAPPY CRUISING, EVERONE!!!! GayPrideFlagSmiley.gif

We'll be on Mariner 10/26/2008, Grandeur on 4/13/09 and then Freedom on 10/25/2009. Would also like the chance to meet any other family on these sailings!

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

We are from the Orlando area. We're just getting into the swing of traveling on cruises. We're booked on an Alaskan cruise, July 2. Carnival.

I am hearing good things about it. Take care.

• 1 month later...

Finally my home here is sold! New house in Citrus County to start shortly. If all works out should move in by the end of the year. This means I can drive to Ft lauderdale for the RSVP cruise next february...no more flights to Florida!

You have no idea how long I have waited to move to Florida.....am sooo excited!

Although I would have liked to be further south, I am learning the Crystal River area has much to offer...especially kayaking...hey its a boat :D

Now to find family in the area.....

Anyone out there on either the Solstice maiden voyage Nov 23 or the RSVP cruise on the Eurodam next Feb? would be great to meet.

Happy cruises everybody.

Hello RMS Olympic

Welcome to Florida. My partner and I both lived in the Crystal River area prior to moving south - and I have to say there's a lot going for that area. (My job moved me south). You can also cruise out of Tampa, which while it may not be the most exciting cruise port, in season there are four ships homeported there, and IMO any cruise port on my doorstep is better than no cruise at all. And as you say, the mecca of Fort Lauderdale is a mere 4-5 hours drive.

I hope the transition goes well.

Paul

Hope You are enjoying living down south. I am really excited about the move and to have a pool! I must admit this area is lacking in nice beaches, but all the other water (rivers and lakes) makes up for it.

I thought it was going do be a backwrd area till I found out about some of the communities like Terra Vista, Black diamond Estates, BeverkL Hills. So its not as rural as I thought. In fact I think it has the potential to be a great retirement area for "family" that are looking for a slower pace of life. I am thinking of getting a realtor license and then letting the gay community know this place has potential. In fact it is perfect for entrepenuers that want to open that little shop. Just think, some gay businesses, restaurants and then a gay community.

At least its a dream.

When you lived here was there a way to find family for socializing? I was eating at a place in Crystal River...Cafe on the Ave and there appeared to be gay couples at various tables eating dinner.....so I know family is here.

As to Tampa.....I agree...now to get more ships in.

I am so ready to move and know no more cold winters, snow, sleet, ice.

FAB-U-LOUS

Hi RMS Olympic,

You are right about the Beverley Hills area espec. We have a number of friends in Pine Ridge. Believe it not there used to be a gay bar on the boundry of Crystal River/Homassassa - not sure if it's still there. As you also pointed out in an earlier email, there's a large resident community at Sawmills Campground near Dade City. There are great beaches, a little further south, at Caledesia and Honeymoon Island in Tampa Bay and great fresh water springs at Rainbow Springs and Weeki Watchi.

Paul

Pine Ridge...not far from where my property is.......Pine Ridge appears to be a very nice community.

As to sawmill camp ground...I think I will check it out...looks like a fun place with down to earth people. I shouldn't take much driving time to get there.

Thanks for the info

Tom

I was wondering how many part time Fla Cruisers there are out there? My partner & I talk about buying a home in Miami Beach .......but only to use for 4-6 months in the winter...anyone else do this.....so easy to hop on a ship....

Hmm my partner is on the golf course again....I hop on a ship for a week or a TA.......or hit the beach....or go to lunch at Neimans????

Finally my home here is sold! New house in Citrus County to start shortly. If all works out should move in by the end of the year. This means I can drive to Ft lauderdale for the RSVP cruise next february...no more flights to Florida!

Although I would have liked to be further south, I am learning the Crystal River area has much to offer...especially kayaking...hey its a boat :D

Anyone out there on either the Solstice maiden voyage Nov 23 or the RSVP cruise on the Eurodam next Feb? would be great to meet.

Happy cruises everybody.

You may need to buy a new wardrobe!!!!

Happy cruises everybody.

Welcome future Floridian! I was born and raised here in the Orlando, and have parents in Dunnellon and a niece in Citrus Springs so I'm very familiar with the area. We should get together and put together a welcome to Florida cruise!

Bertha - finally giving up drugs? & moving to the deep South? Time to get that Texas drawl out of mothballs & renovate it to TRUE southern drawl - think Brother Boy (which reminds me, Sordid Lives, the Series debuts tonight on LOGO:D ).

Hope you're not too disappointed by Sawmill - they're undergoing a rough patch now, after the RuPaul debacle (involved news helicopters, police, church organizations, and code violations :eek: ).

You'll be about 5 hours from Lumberjacks, though...

We will have to get together.....maybe a cruise critic dinner party and get others in the area to attend.

To think of no more winters! Maybe take in a Circ de solie show there in Orlando.

As to a Florida cruise....I might think about something out of tampa. I have no idea what ships sail out of there...only cruised out of that port once years ago on the Niew Amsterdam. Now it will be so convenient, especially if the fares aren't bad.

So Thulewx lives! Whats that line from the movies....its alive........

Phil, glad to hear from you. Do you miss the cold of Greenland?

Have you sailed on any ships lately? Have you considered the Eurodam with RSVP this Feb?

Me, I'm trying not to get too excited about the next few months...getting out of the house, moving everything into storage, sailing on the Solstice for Thanksgiving, leaving work on Dec 1, heading for Florida before the holidays (regardless of whether the new house is done) and then no more cold winters!!!!!! Everyone here is waiting to see how long it will take before I get bored and go find a new job.....I have been classified as a work junkie. But then extra money would pay for more cruises...work a month, a cruise , work a month, then a cruise ,work a month....or, find a nice husband...who looks good in a pick up truck, loves kayaking, and sailing on ships.

Hi I am Dave and I am going on the NCL Jewel Nov. 18th 2007. This will be my 8th cruise. I have cruised on rccl 4 times, ncl 2 times and on costa once. I went on the Jewel for a one night debut cruise and it is an amazing ship! I will be traveling with my Partner Jeff, we are both 30 and my friend Nathan (32) and his brother. I look forward to meeting any other cruisers that are going on this cruise. We had a roll call for Mariner of the seas for last year and we ended up have a really large group...hopefully I can meet some cool people for this cruise as well. Any other gay cruisers in the orlando-kissimmee area?

Hi there Kissimmee here as well, we are headed on NCL Jewel for the 12 night repositioning cruise Oct 28 NYC to Miami, not too late to join people

Yes I am done with the pharmaceutical business. I changed divisions and went over to what I call the dark side...the vaccine division.

I have reached burn out....so I am taking early retirement. I figure I will look for a new career in late spring of next year. being idle would drive me crazy, not to mention I want extra money to take cruises and maybe drag along a traveling companion.....ya know.....something with a buzz cut of shaved head....luv trail and all wrapped in a basic black speedo.

Hey, I can dream cant I.

I also intend to get a dog......finally some true love!

Well Carnival sails out of Tampa year round, Royal Caribbean during the winter months, and Holland America part of the year also. Of course all the ships sailing out of Tampa do the Western Caribbean, but anywhere on a cruiseship is good enough for me!