How many Florida cruisers are out there?

RMS Olympic

Well I am in Florida!

House will not be completed till probably FEBRUARY, so I am in temp housing for at least the moth of January.

Through a realtor, I was provided with information on an RV park just outside of Inverness......gay pwnwd and operated..but with both gay and straight clientele. I rented a small cottage here and fine the place great. The mix of people here get along great and there is incredible social activities. Last night we had a big cook out with a barn fire and watched movies on a screen...the DVD projector came out of the club house. We watched Broke back mountain followed by a movie named Sordid Lives.

Friday night is game night and it seems gay folks come in from OCALA and the Villages to socialize. There is a heated pool here, and i have taken a one month membership at a local gym to keep me occupied.

I must admit I am anxious to get the house done, but have enough to keep me busy.....getting a Florida drivers license, getting the car registered etc.etc.

Fl Speedo.....we will have to meet when you get over to Dunellon...find a place to meet for dinner perhaps.

The weather here today is perfect......and I am finding out there is more gay society dispersed in the county than I would have thought. So what can I say...I am a happy camper! Also there are cruise ships sailing out of Tampa...how close can you get.

So to all of you up north...I wish you an early spring. In the meantime I will visit the house at least every other day to see the progress....Yipppeeee!

Crystal...new e-mail is: schaefth@gmail.com

Flspeedo...will do

Richard....I met someone here at the RV resort that lives in the Villages. Seems there afre about 500 gay and lesbian residence there.He will be back here on Friday for game night...they haver bingo, pocker and board games...guys come from the Villages and Ocala to socialize. I will get more info.

Tom

Wow, who knew so many gay cruisers on cruise critic. We are from Sarasota/Ste-Adele Quebec. We've been together 22 years. Sailing on our tenth cruise on March 2nd on the Galaxy from San Juan with our best friends from Montreal. Would love to hear if any other FOD are on board.

Jeff and Bob

Crystal...new e-mail is: schaefth@gmail.com

Flspeedo...will do

Richard....I met someone here at the RV resort that lives in the Villages. Seems there afre about 500 gay and lesbian residence there.He will be back here on Friday for game night...they haver bingo, pocker and board games...guys come from the Villages and Ocala to socialize. I will get more info.

Tom

Thanks Tom!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course I know where Winter Haven is. We often go and stay at a family cabin in Frostproof.

I'll be sailing on the Freedom 09/20/09. Looking forward to it departing from Port Canaveral. I'm also interested in the Carnival Dream for November of 2010. Never sailed Carnival before, but the Dream has caught my interest.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Citrus Springs! That is where I am building, hopefully breaking ground next May. My property is on N. Feather Rd (how gay) off of Dulkin. Talk about being out in the woods. My friends think I am nuts, but the area will suit me fine. I am not a big city person and not into congestion. The area has the potential to build now that the Suncoast highway can get you into Tampa. I do wish there were good beaches..I saw the small one outside of Homassa....its not much. But the prices of homes in the area is great as compared to down in southern Florida. Some how I have to figure out how to get more family to consider this area maybe for for early retirement...as not all are beach goers. I have read many articles as to where to live..to find where family is....well this area could have potential. Hour to Tampa, hour and a half to Orlando, Ocala up the street. The there is a quicky...fly to Key West out of Tampa. If Tampa gets more ships to home port there in the future...fab u lous.

I cant see being property poor in southern Fla...rather have a nice home and money left over to cruise cruise cruise. Now if I could get family to build on my street......make it into the most fashionable streets in the county. Dinners, cocktail partys all around the pool.

Will have to meet next time I pop in for a visit while in the planning stages.

Now to figure out where Mount Dora is....and see where R.J. is located. I wonder how humble he really is;)

I cant wait to get to Florida!!!!!!!!!! Have car will travel.

RMS...so sorry I never replied to this post! I actually haven't been on here in forever..you live right down the street from me from the directions you have given above! Probably about 1 1/2 miles away literally! That is great! It is always nice not to feel so alone in this tiny and sometimes "backward" county..haha! Anyway, I would love to see your house sometime! Who knows? Maybe you bought your insurance from me on your house or car!!! I have an agency in Beverly Hills and Dunnellon! Well we are going on a cruise on the Dawn in Nov to the Southern caribbean! Sooo excited..when is your next cruise? Hope you are enjoying the area.