What time did you get on the Pride?

TravelingSmurf

I tried to search for this a number of times, but for some reason the search page keeps coming up totally blank.

Anyway, we are leaving today on the Pride. I know it says you can start getting on at 1:30, but on past cruises it seems that you can start getting on earlier. Is this also true on the Pride? If so, what time did you board?

Thanks,

Cari

Early check in on the back of the QM starts at around 9:30 I believe and ends at 11:00 (gosh, I think that is right)... this gets you into boarding Zone 1. If I remember right, we were let into the dome after 11:00 and I think we were on board before 12:00 (we had some waiting in the dome after we were let in) Our cabins were ready at 1:30. If you do not participate in early check in, you wait in the general boarding lines.. which can be long in the beginning.

We always opt to check in for our cruises early since we like to be onboard as long as possible.... and I like to take pictures of general areas without alot of people in them.

My wife and i are going on the Pride 3/4/07 and are staying at the QM the night before. We can board at 9:30? That would be great! Please let me know!

You can go to the Carnival area on the Queen Mary to do your early check-in, then you will hang around outside until Pride boarding starts sometime safter 11:00 or later. At 9:30, the previous passengers are still getting off the Pride. They won't let new cruisers on until all immigration issues are solved and everyone is off the ship. And the whole waiting area is outdoors, so if it's raining, bring an umbrella!

You can go to the Carnival area on the Queen Mary to do your early check-in, then you will hang around outside until Pride boarding starts sometime safter 11:00 or later. At 9:30, the previous passengers are still getting off the Pride. They won't let new cruisers on until all immigration issues are solved and everyone is off the ship. And the whole waiting area is outdoors, so if it's raining, bring an umbrella!

Thanks for the info! Is that quicker to do it that way? Do you get on the ship before everyone else?

Thanks!!

I tried to search for this a number of times, but for some reason the search page keeps coming up totally blank.

Anyway, we are leaving today on the Pride. I know it says you can start getting on at 1:30, but on past cruises it seems that you can start getting on earlier. Is this also true on the Pride? If so, what time did you board?

Thanks,

Cari

Have a Wonderful Cruise, Dont eat the Scallops and watch out for Metal Detectors by the Dining room. :confused:

Thanks for the info! Is that quicker to do it that way? Do you get on the ship before everyone else?

Thanks!!

Sort of, if you have done early check-in on the Queen Mary, you are then given a little piece of paper that says 'zone 1' which gets you in the zone 1 line with all the other folks that did early check-in. You would then be able to enter the dome to do security and onto the ship immediately after the wedding groups, VIPs, and handicapped folks. So, no, you won't be the first ones on, but if you are toward the front of the zone 1 line, you will be on the ship within 20 minutes or so of them opening the doors to the dome. When we cruised on the Paradise last October, we did early check-in at about 10:15 after the hotel shuttle dropped us off. The early check-in, including waiting in line, took about 20 minutes. We wandered around a bit, my husband got a drink at the bar they have set up outside. A Canival employee announced at 11:10 that they would open the doors at 11:30 so we got in line and were about 15th in line. Right at 11:30, they opened the doors, we went through security, had an embarkation photo taken, up the escalator and on to the ship and were having our first drink of the day at 12:06 (according to our receipt). If you don't do early check-in, then you are in the 'general line' that has to do check-in in the dome. That line is HUGE and we watched it for a couple of hours after we got on board, it got longer for a while, then shorter and shorter as about 3:30 approached. So if you want to board the earliest possible, then early check-in is the way to go. If you want to be able to just 'walk on', then wait until about 3:00 or so.

Sort of, if you have done early check-in on the Queen Mary, you are then given a little piece of paper that says 'zone 1' which gets you in the zone 1 line with all the other folks that did early check-in. You would then be able to enter the dome to do security and onto the ship immediately after the wedding groups, VIPs, and handicapped folks. So, no, you won't be the first ones on, but if you are toward the front of the zone 1 line, you will be on the ship within 20 minutes or so of them opening the doors to the dome. When we cruised on the Paradise last October, we did early check-in at about 10:15 after the hotel shuttle dropped us off. The early check-in, including waiting in line, took about 20 minutes. We wandered around a bit, my husband got a drink at the bar they have set up outside. A Canival employee announced at 11:10 that they would open the doors at 11:30 so we got in line and were about 15th in line. Right at 11:30, they opened the doors, we went through security, had an embarkation photo taken, up the escalator and on to the ship and were having our first drink of the day at 12:06 (according to our receipt). If you don't do early check-in, then you are in the 'general line' that has to do check-in in the dome. That line is HUGE and we watched it for a couple of hours after we got on board, it got longer for a while, then shorter and shorter as about 3:30 approached. So if you want to board the earliest possible, then early check-in is the way to go. If you want to be able to just 'walk on', then wait until about 3:00 or so.

Thank you, I think we will do the early check in since we are right there anyway. Thanks for all your help!!!:D

And while you are waiting, you can do the self-guided tour of the QM... we went thru the engine room, etc. It was a nice way to pass the time. Then once outside, we walked around and I took a ton of pics of the ship, etc. We had good weather so the wait was painless. You can meet people while in line & chat, etc. We will do the same in December without a doubt.

My wife and i are going on the Pride 3/4/07 and are staying at the QM the night before. We can board at 9:30? That would be great! Please let me know!

While sadly you can't board at 9:30, you do have a great set up. Simply go down at 9:30am and do the early check in and then go back to your room and relax in comfort until around 11:00am. When you do the early check in, I would ask the Carnival Rep if there is any reason boarding will be delayed that morning. (Customs inspection etc). If there are no delays, then they should start zone 1 boarding around 11:30am.

Have a great cruise!! And tell Emmie (karaoke host) hello!!!

While sadly you can't board at 9:30, you do have a great set up. Simply go down at 9:30am and do the early check in and then go back to your room and relax in comfort until around 11:00am. When you do the early check in, I would ask the Carnival Rep if there is any reason boarding will be delayed that morning. (Customs inspection etc). If there are no delays, then they should start zone 1 boarding around 11:30am.

Have a great cruise!! And tell Emmie (karaoke host) hello!!!

This wasnt planned for us to stay at the QM at first, but our inbound flight from MSP was getting pushed back later and later (didnt think we would have enough time to get to the port) so i had them switch us to fly in the night before. It sounds like this might work out well and get to see LA/ Long Beach a little more than the shuttle or taxi to port! Thanks for all the great info/advice!!

When Carnival used to be based out of San Pedro, we really enjoyed exploring the "Ports o Call" area. All kinds of shops and restaurants, live music etc. We strolled through the area for several hours just poking around and enjoying everything. I am not from the area so I'm not sure how far it is from where Carnival is now but you might want to check into it. Might be something fun to do the night before your cruise. I don't think it's far from the Queen Mary. And they might even have a shuttle or bus that takes you there and back. Anyone here on the boards know?

Archived