Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Anyone have any comments on Cabin B130? For 3 people. We are taking a daughter who would sleep on the floor as long as she can go.

Hard to go wrong with any balcony cabin on this older, smaller vessel (only two decks with balconies). We spent last year's winter vacation on the Maasdam, enjoying weather, islands, service, and definitely a slower pace with only a handful of college students and those younger. Definitely wouldn't do a lower inside cabin as AC problems have been reported last year. Be were assigned BA205 (facing starboard and aft, a true gift on a guarantee balcony sale). My thought about BA130 is they won't sell you a ticket for a third passenger for this cabin if there isn't proper sleeping provisions for your #3! This "sleeping on the floor" sounds a lot like a Carnival disaster scenario or a pajama birthday party sleepover memory? Please enjoy!

DJ:)

I was joking. She's never slept on the floor, usually the couch. Once a roll away bed which she said was the most comfortable of all. Once it was a pullman bed which I didn't like because it was over my bed and I couldn't sit up.

CanWeGoYet, Thank you. We've been on Carnival a number of times but have never been on HAL.

I bet you will have a lovely time. I'm one of the rare ones I guess that thought the food quality was quite similar at least in the MDR. As for the buffet, HAL had that hands down, no contest. Also the response of the pursers desk to a big problem with the first cabin we were assigned. No monkeying around, I was scheduled for an appointment (in her office, not standing at the desk!) later on that same day with the officer in charge of housekeeping & cabin assignments. No making excuses, she said the problems in that cabin were unacceptable & nothing they could fix on this cruise, and assigned us to a different one that had been empty. I can't see that happening on a carnival cruise, it is nearly impossible to get a problem past the gatekeepers at the pursers desk.

Carnival did!

We were in a deck 6 cabin on the Carnival Triumph. It turned out to be over a band with the speakers straight up. Carnival thinks that you are having more FUN if it's loud. We could hear every note and feel vibrations. After coming up with a thing that measured sound they moved us to a better cabin. And a quiet one. They looked at us kinda funny at our answer to the question of what time we go to bed.

It might of been answered but I don't want to read all 59 pages.

How is 8621 on FOS

also

7350 and 7366 on Carnival Victory

Thanks for the info.

NEW to cruising. ♥ FOS 3/16/14 with a group of geocachers (geocaching.com) NO kids

CARNIVAL VICTORY 8/23/14 with the family. ♥

I'm on deck 7 outside cabin on the Thomson Dream and above us is nearly all the entertainment venues is this a bad mistake,first timers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know about that ship but we always avoid being above or below entertainment venues if possible. Check some of the replies between your post and this to give you an idea although Thomson might be less loud (or you might not go to sleep early.)

Carnival did!

We were in a deck 6 cabin on the Carnival Triumph. It turned out to be over a band with the speakers straight up. Carnival thinks that you are having more FUN if it's loud. We could hear every note and feel vibrations. After coming up with a thing that measured sound they moved us to a better cabin. And a quiet one. They looked at us kinda funny at our answer to the question of what time we go to bed.

Apparently, Carnival's corporate culture doesn't allow it to learn from its past mistakes (top down?) in that they place entertainment venue speakers mounted on ceilings, and place no special insulation of these ceilings! Of course, they receive constant complaints, make some small adjustments if the complaints become to intense (I wear a newer wristwatch because of it.), but the message doesn't make it to the top. Because these ships are plenty big, all of us should avoid cabins with public venues either above or below our cabins -- unless you get off with daily complaining at customer service (a real joke). By the way, our experience was with a brand-new (at the time) Magic in its first winter's service. The aft cabin and balcony were great, the horrible noise and vibration of the floor each night will long be remembered and Carnival not ever again even an inexpensive week!

DJ:(

• 2 weeks later...
Any cabins on Rhapsody 8 floor not to book, please let me know.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

On Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody in Nov 2013, I had tablemates who were in an aft-facing stateroom on deck 8. The noise from the crew bar below their balcony was so loud that they were given another room for sleeping. I was just a half-dozen or so staterooms away from them and had no problem.

Serenade of The Seas - Cabin 7596

Loud music and other events using the sound system from Centrum during the day and until 11:30pm every night. We would even close the fire door and the sound system from the Centrum could still be heard. They need to hire a new sound person that knows how to turn the sound system down. Received letter from hotel director that they know of the problem and are working on a solution. The solution is to just turn the volume down.

7350 and 7366 on Carnival Victory

Thanks for the info.

empress deck is simply fabulous with being away from public areas.

use the aft stairs/elevators to get around. up two decks for food and pools/ down two for entertainment.

the aft stairs elevators are the only ones that will get you to the aft dining room.

if youget the mid ship dining room you will have to go forward.

empress deck is simply fabulous with being away from public areas.

use the aft stairs/elevators to get around. up two decks for food and pools/ down two for entertainment.

the aft stairs elevators are the only ones that will get you to the aft dining room.

if youget the mid ship dining room you will have to go forward.

Thanks first time in carnival

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Forums mobile app

Hello-

I booked a cruise for my parents and was wondering about cabin 8370 or that area. I have not been a ship this large or had a balcony. I winder if there are Pros? Cons? I do know there are cabins above and below and there are stairs and elevator close....

Thanks in advance!!!

Renee

• 2 weeks later...
Booked Carnival Conquest Cabin #7358 Balcony thought good and bad on this room please

good choice. no across the hall neighbors either-- no noise issue.

turn right after you leave your cabin and use the aft elevators / stairs

(espeically if you have the aft dining room for dinner.

if you have the mid ship dining room turn left and use the forward elevatos to get to that dining room

Hello-

I booked a cruise for my parents and was wondering about cabin 8370 or that area. I have not been a ship this large or had a balcony. I winder if there are Pros? Cons? I do know there are cabins above and below and there are stairs and elevator close....

Thanks in advance!!!

Renee

because you are between cabin space it is a good choice

Anyone stay in Carnival Freedom - Main deck, Oceanview connecting cabins 2407 and 2409??

Looks like they are located just down the hall from elevators and I believe below THE CHIC restaurant or maybe the GALLEY?

you do not want to be under the Galley. This operates 24/7 all day and night. you will hear pans dropping and carts rolling.

do you need the connecting room?

being under the dining room is a better choice it is not running all day and night== its carpeted so it insulates sound

the galley/ dining room will be above you-- not on the same deck

Edited by serene56