Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

That cabin will get the thump thump of the base every show time

On port days that have tender-- the people leave from the show lounge.

on other port days this is where people meet for the ship sponser excursions. they use a mircophone so you should not hear anything on those days.

Dancers practice too.

Thanks, It was either this cabin or cabin 9289 which is on the lido but like right in the Atrium. Figured more noise would be there.

Does anyone have information on Cabin 2245 on the Splendor? I looked on the map and it looks like its under the theater. I am assuming though after any shows are over it should be quiet? I would probably not go to sleep till after midnight? Not sure how it would be in the AM?

Thanks in advance!!

I don't know about this ship in particular, but remember that shows rehearse during off-times, which could be while you're sleeping. It may be louder than you anticipate.

Thanks, It was either this cabin or cabin 9289 which is on the lido but like right in the Atrium. Figured more noise would be there.

9289 was the better choice. You figured wrong about that atrium noise.

Thanks!! Was worried about noise from above. Couldn't tell if the pool area was right above.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking at the deck plan you are under the blank triangle area there are chairs there. Will not impact you

wow. so the pool in on deck 11 but below that on deck 10 and above your cabin is a pool maintenance room. Do I have that right. Deck 10 looks so innocent with the library and all. Is that maintenance room where there is white space on the deck plans?

You would think that the companies that own cruise ships would understand the noise problems on board and would attempt to rectify these problems. How difficult would it be to read some of the complaints and then require their engineers and architects to remedy the situations. To consistently allow passengers to be disrupted, and to neither solve the problem nor advise passengers prior to purchase, is deceptive practice. I suggest that the cruise lines, in lieu of correctly taking care of the problem, identify cabins on board each ship, that are in locations where noise is a forgone conclusion, and give those cabins to "Guaranteed" purchases only. Those guaranteed purchases would come with a disclosure that noise may be a problem where these cabins are located.

I have heard issues with the Front facing Oceanview Cabins with Large Picture Window on the NCL Getaway and Breakaway. Apparently there is a plumbing pipe that runs between the cabins, but I am not sure which cabins are so effected. Also some seem to have window seats and some seem to have much smaller windows. Anyone had any experience with these cabins

Edited by Evangaline

You would think that the companies that own cruise ships would understand the noise problems on board and would attempt to rectify these problems. How difficult would it be to read some of the complaints and then require their engineers and architects to remedy the situations. To consistently allow passengers to be disrupted, and to neither solve the problem nor advise passengers prior to purchase, is deceptive practice. I suggest that the cruise lines, in lieu of correctly taking care of the problem, identify cabins on board each ship, that are in locations where noise is a forgone conclusion, and give those cabins to "Guaranteed" purchases only. Those guaranteed purchases would come with a disclosure that noise may be a problem where these cabins are located.

Great to hear a measure of common sense!

Lets understand that cruise ships are put together metal boxes and that metal really carries sound? Seems to me that when a ship goes into drydock what often happens is that people find under-used spaces to tack-down another of these metal boxes in order to generate more money!

A short story tells us that the profit motive and just lack of care continues these problems: A couple of years ago we were attracted by a brand-new Carnival ship that would use our home port and that an aft balcony cabin was available on New Year's Day (another mistake). What we discovered was that just below these four cabins was a comedy showroom with speakers attached to THE CEILING!! (Can you imagine?) So we basically had a vibrating floor each night and the cabin sounded like a band was in your bed! So from this we learn that the people who design public spaces aren't too bright. I also learned that Passenger Services folks learn to be pleasantly dishonest. Not too bright, as the passengers in these cabins also talked to each other and shared our experiences with Passenger Services. I think of this experience each day as I enjoy my wristwatch provided from the substantial OBC provided in compensation! All you can do is minimize problems by studying deck plans, not just asking a question with a ship's name and cabin number, as all we can do is look at deck plans (you can't expect anyone to remember a cabin number?). Knowing your tendency to seasickness and noise, give first priority to cabins with the same passenger cabins above and below. We are just addicted to balcony cabins and I spend time trying to determine which balconies will be the most favorable for a specific cruise.

Would be great to hear from engineers, but (as above) doesn't take that much sense to relocate speakers from room ceilings that will reverberate into the passenger cabins above! Good luck,

DJ:)

Great to hear a measure of common sense!

Lets understand that cruise ships are put together metal boxes and that metal really carries sound? Seems to me that when a ship goes into drydock what often happens is that people find under-used spaces to tack-down another of these metal boxes in order to generate more money!

A short story tells us that the profit motive and just lack of care continues these problems: A couple of years ago we were attracted by a brand-new Carnival ship that would use our home port and that an aft balcony cabin was available on New Year's Day (another mistake). What we discovered was that just below these four cabins was a comedy showroom with speakers attached to THE CEILING!! (Can you imagine?) So we basically had a vibrating floor each night and the cabin sounded like a band was in your bed! So from this we learn that the people who design public spaces aren't too bright. I also learned that Passenger Services folks learn to be pleasantly dishonest. Not too bright, as the passengers in these cabins also talked to each other and shared our experiences with Passenger Services. I think of this experience each day as I enjoy my wristwatch provided from the substantial OBC provided in compensation! All you can do is minimize problems by studying deck plans, not just asking a question with a ship's name and cabin number, as all we can do is look at deck plans (you can't expect anyone to remember a cabin number?). Knowing your tendency to seasickness and noise, give first priority to cabins with the same passenger cabins above and below. We are just addicted to balcony cabins and I spend time trying to determine which balconies will be the most favorable for a specific cruise.

Would be great to hear from engineers, but (as above) doesn't take that much sense to relocate speakers from room ceilings that will reverberate into the passenger cabins above! Good luck,

DJ:)

Well, there are now two of us with common sense. Yes, the one's with common sense do research a ship thoroughly before making any final decision on a cabin, because we know that none of our suggestions will ever be implemented by the cruise lines.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently my parents have cabin 9311 booked on the Vista which is below the Lido. There was not much to choose from. The only other cabin left are on deck 6 from cabin 6112 to 6240 and 6217 to 6249. I see that this is above the theater or backstage of the theater. Which would be better as far as noise? They usually do pick cabins in the middle and deck 6 are in the front of the ship. I do not have experience with this because I always book deck 1 or 2 (the cheep cabin lol ;) Any advise would be appreciated!!!!

Currently my parents have cabin 9311 booked on the Vista which is below the Lido. There was not much to choose from. The only other cabin left are on deck 6 from cabin 6112 to 6240 and 6217 to 6249. I see that this is above the theater or backstage of the theater. Which would be better as far as noise? They usually do pick cabins in the middle and deck 6 are in the front of the ship. I do not have experience with this because I always book deck 1 or 2 (the cheep cabin lol ;) Any advise would be appreciated!!!!

the better choice is 9311. You do not want to be under the show lounge. It could be very loud there. (plus it changes to a night club at night-- (I heard)

dancers also practice routines. go with the lido

Our next cruise will be on the Lido deck near elevators on the Splendor. Can you hear the pool area or movies? Of course we were told no. Haha.

Are you talking about forward from the pool area?

I was just in 1083, an interior on Panorama, which is closest to the big TV. Absolutely no sound from it at all.

Hard to tell from the deck plans, but to get to my cabin, when you go through the door from the upper pool area, you then have to turn in right through another door then turn left.

I did have a noise problem with my cabin, though, so anyone considering 1083 or 1077 needs to be aware that the blank square on the deck plans between the four 1A cabins is where they store the art. The first morning, very, very early, I was awakened with loud thumps and sounds of rolling. I couldn't wake up enough to figure out where it was coming from but knew it wasn't above me or anything in the hallway.

When I finally got up, I discovered that the hallway (the one directly across from the door where you exit the pool area) was full of art in huge frames that were stacked along both sides of the hallway.

I figured I'd give them another day and hope it didn't happen the next morning. It didn't, so I didn't say anything.

But it did happen again the morning of our last (sea) day. It was about 5:15 when I first woke. So, I went to the service desk and told them that this was my 26th Carnival cruise and the first time ever that I had to go to the desk and complain. Said I was aware that these guys were just working, but they need to be cognizant of the fact that the walls they were banging against had people sleeping in them, and the headboard was against that wall.

She said she'd pass on the info. Later that day, I had a VM that they were extending a small OBC and apologized for my sleep being disrupted.

Other than that, the cabin was great, especially for a solo. Very limited closet space, though. Only two small closets and neither was full length, so I was glad I hadn't brought my best gown for elegant night as it would have been crumpled at the bottom.

So, warning that 1083 and 1077 could experience very early morning noise. The cabins on the port side (1082 and 1076) should be fine.

• 1 month later...
Which would be better? I have had a porthole in the Bahamas and it was rough. I am looking at Late Feb into March. Thanks in advance!!

Out of the two i would take 6204. Why is this your only 2 choices? If you hit rough waters you will feel the most motion being so far foward. Food and pools are in the back so you will have quite a trek a few times each day

Out of the two i would take 6204. Why is this your only 2 choices? If you hit rough waters you will feel the most motion being so far foward. Food and pools are in the back so you will have quite a trek a few times each day

I was trying to find a option with a window with out actually paying for ocean view. But I think I may just go with a interior and just enjoy that. Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app