Question Re: Highseas Internet Service

templed

If you want any information about Celebrity......call Arno

His number is 800-555-1212

Jusk kidding........but seriously.....he seems to have a better insight to what is happening than anyone else on CC.

Arno..........I don't want to put the burden on you............except you seem to know........or have a better feel........than anyone else that I know..............what seems to be happening on X.

Rick

If you want any information about Celebrity......call Arno

Rick

Hey Rick... Very funny..

In January I tried to find out if it was possible to actually get paid to cruise. I emailed HCS and this is the response:

Dear Arno,

Thank you for your inquiry to Highseas Computer Services. We are doing a short term and a long term needs analysis and until that has been completed we will not be looking at new Instructors.

I will keep your name on file and get back to you if any positions open up.

Once again, thank you for your interest.

Linda Gumley

HCS Training Center

While onboard Century we had lunch with the HCS manager who was looking for a new job because the contract was being terminated fleetwide one ship at a time. He was going to let me know if Celebrity would be hiring directly...

(My computer background.. we opened a computer store in 1982 selling Atari & Commodore computers, taught "basic" and a few semesters of Visual Basic in high school).... just enough to know a bit from a byte..

:( Good morning,

Appears as though GALAXY is next to have its '' lights out''....Current cam shot is frozen as at yesterday late afternoon, not refreshed since...given the current developpments, I'd say the "big black announcement "" is moments away...

Still not a sound from HQ as to plan ''B'' ( or is there a plan ''B'' ??? )

Cheers

:confused:

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if this will affect internet access from the ship? I usually don't access the internet while cruising, but I have to get to Southwest airlines the day before we dock to do online check-in print our boarding pass.

Have another great trip Arno.

Arno and the Infinity are headed to Ft. Lauderdale.

I will put my chips on the Infinity to be the next to have web cam pulled.

I don't mean to imply that Arno has anything to do with that---just that he is currently on Infinity before he jumps back to Century. Again.

I thimk he will be "Captain Arno" next.

Rich :cool: :cool:

Archived