questions for Laura S

sexyaznboy

First of all I just wanted to thank you for the awesome forum, I'm new to cruising so I'm learning alot from the kind more experienced members of cruising out there!

I have a few questions:

1) I've posted a Roll Call for Celebrity Summit for Mexico/Panama March 31st but it doesn't look like there are any Gay and Lesbian cruisers responding. The post slips down the page pretty quickly. Is it possible to repost on occasion and how often?

2) Is there an easier way to search for certain cruises instead of looking down the message board?

Thanks a lot for your help!:D

First of all I just wanted to thank you for the awesome forum, I'm new to cruising so I'm learning alot from the kind more experienced members of cruising out there!

I have a few questions:

1) I've posted a Roll Call for Celebrity Summit for Mexico/Panama March 31st but it doesn't look like there are any Gay and Lesbian cruisers responding. The post slips down the page pretty quickly. Is it possible to repost on occasion and how often?

2) Is there an easier way to search for certain cruises instead of looking down the message board?

Thanks a lot for your help!:D

There are rules against bumping your own thread.

As far as the search feature, that is almost useless on most days, thats if you can actually find it.

Perhaps the mysterious board host will make an appearance and offer his assistance. :confused:

There are rules against bumping your own thread.

As far as the search feature' date=' that is almost useless on most days, thats if you can actually find it.

Perhaps the mysterious board host will make an appearance and offer his assistance. :confused:[/quote']

I love the forum, but I guess I'm new to things...if nobody responds to a posting it falls down the thread to the point that its hard to find. I would think that reposting closer to the date of the trip would be allowed??? Some people might not log on to the board until later...

Searching by term doesn't seem to do the trick, at least for me...

You can post a new enquiry closer to your sailing date. Just don't *bump* up your old post. Sometimes searching with the name of the ship and the sailing date in this forum works fine. Of course, if you're the only one going ... no response!

That rule isn't heavily enforced, at least in a roll call thread. Here's what the rule says:

Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time.

I think in a roll call, it's pretty obvious what people are posting a new post for. They're either talking with someone who's already there, or looking for more people. It's not a waste of time, and it's more tidy than posting a new thread every time you are hoping someone has joined! People are not eagerly checking to see what the new news is - they know you're going on a different cruise, so they're not likely to be reading the thread at all, and it's not wasting their time.

I have done multiple roll call threads here in the G&L forum. I bump them about once a month if there have been no responses. I've never had any problems.

That rule isn't heavily enforced, at least in a roll call thread. Here's what the rule says:

I think in a roll call, it's pretty obvious what people are posting a new post for. They're either talking with someone who's already there, or looking for more people. It's not a waste of time, and it's more tidy than posting a new thread every time you are hoping someone has joined! People are not eagerly checking to see what the new news is - they know you're going on a different cruise, so they're not likely to be reading the thread at all, and it's not wasting their time.

I have done multiple roll call threads here in the G&L forum. I bump them about once a month if there have been no responses. I've never had any problems.

Thanks much Etoile! Alaska is definitely on my future list of places to cruise, have a great time! Unfortunately I don't think there are any Cruise Critic Gay and Lesbian members going on my cruise....sigh...

Oh well, will have to rely on my gaydar! ;)

• 8 years later...

On some other RCCL cruises, people brought little inexpensive gifts from their area of the world to exchange.....Is this something that is no more? Just joined the Meet and Mingle for the Jan 15 sailing of Anthem and was wondering if this was the same!

Thanks,

And don't assume simply because there are no replies to your post that there will be no other gays on board. The vast majority of people who sail have never even heard of Cruise Critic.

So true. And as I recall, Celebrity usually has a LGBT meet-up scheduled at least a couple of times on each cruise. Celebrity usually attracts a diverse clientele.

So true. And as I recall, Celebrity usually has a LGBT meet-up scheduled at least a couple of times on each cruise. Celebrity usually attracts a diverse clientele.

This is true. On last week's cruise on the Celebrity Reflection there was an LGBT Meet and Greet in Cellarmasters Wine Bar on the second night of the cruise, and there was a sign at Guest Relations noting there was an LGBT meetup in the Martini Bar each night at 10 PM.

The Meet and Greet attracted both men and women (I'd say about 15-20 men and 6-8 women) and was also attended by Alexander, the oh-so-gay and very funny cruise director, and also Ash Fulk, one of the cheftestants on board for the Top Chef cruise. It lasted about 30 minutes before people filtered away to go to shows or enjoy the nightlife.

Yeah, you'll meet a lot of kindred spirits on Celebrity, both gay and straight. Very friendly cruise line. Not a problem, unless you are painfully shy, and even then, people will introduce themselves to you.