4 People in Balcony

OKTEACH

We are sailing on Carnival Conquest in July. Has anyone ever put 4 people in a balcony room? Any tips?

Have you thought about putting 2 in the balcony and 2 in an inside cabin across the hall? Depending on the location, the inside rate is not really that much more than 3rd/4th passenger rate and the extra space for everyone is priceless! Two showers/bathrooms really helps with prepping for dinner.

My husband and I have always shared a cabin with our two teenagers.

It's not as though you spend a lot of time together there except for changing and sleeping so it isn't as though your "living" elbow to elbow for a whole week. What seems to work best for us is that two people go to the cabin a half hour earlier than the other two to change and get ready for dinner, etc. After that time, the other two show up and "take over" and make the switch. It is actually nice that my husband and I then head off for a pre dinner drink and conversation together before we all gather for dinner. When the children were younger we just all stayed together. For us, mornings always worked out because I and my one son are early risers and we always had a staggering effect going on. The balcony is a wonderful place to quietly enjoy the morning sun and sea while the others are getting ready. Would not enjoy an ocean view or inside as much with 4. The evening sunset can be enjoyed the same way... two on the balcony, away from the two getting ready. :)

Enjoy !!!

Yes we have packed all four of us in a balcony. We have since learned to book a suite since it has a seperate dressing area. That's helpful when one of the boys is showering while I am getting ready. I start and then while I'm dressing all the boys do their thing.

I would have suggested two cabins like the other poster, maybe an inside and a balcony or even a upper/lower and balcony, but I read from another post your kids are 5 and 9. You will be fine in the cabin. With a five year old, I wouldn't even consider any other options!

Have a great cruise!

We had four in a cabin on the Pride and had no problems; all women at that! We stored our luggage under the bed and each took a shelf in the closet as well as one "other space" each. We used the huge drawers under the couch and had no problem keeping the place organized. An over the door shoe rack with clear pouches is a great help too. I got one at the dollar store and it kept sunscreen, room keys and other "stuff" off the counter and out of the way. We had no problem in the bathroom either, just discussed the days activities and scheduled showers accordingly. I have read that lots of people use the showers in the spa/gym when they have four people in a cabin.

I read some of your suggestions to get an inside and balcony and sometimes its cheaper than the 3rd and 4th person rate. Can you do that with guarantees? Will they keep your cabins across from each other even if you don't pick the cabin?

I don't have high hopes that the answer to this is, "yes". But I just had to ask. :)

I read some of your suggestions to get an inside and balcony and sometimes its cheaper than the 3rd and 4th person rate. Can you do that with guarantees? Will they keep your cabins across from each other even if you don't pick the cabin?

I don't have high hopes that the answer to this is, "yes". But I just had to ask. :)

No, as far as I know you can't request specific adjoining configurations with guarantees. If you need to be next to someone, you should pick your cabin.

We are sailing on Carnival Conquest in July. Has anyone ever put 4 people in a balcony room? Any tips?

okteach, we sailed on the triumph last year and we had 5 in a balcony room with no problem whatsoever. like another poster said you are really not in your cabin very much anyway and chances are during the waking hours you wont all be in there at the same time anyway and for the four of you to sleep it will be no problem at all because like i said we had 5. 3 adults, 1- 11 yr old and a 5 yr old. have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were able to do this on our Conquest cruise. My DH and I booked a Balcony and did an inside gtd for our 3 teens. They were place directly across the hall from us. I don't know if it was because I worked directly with a Carnival PVP or not.

We had five in a balcony cabin on the Triumph, and yes, it was tight, but it can be done. Now that the kids are older, we prefer to have them in their own cabin when at all possible. We've booked guarantee several times and they've always put the kids right next to us, but there is no "guarantee" that it will be done that way. In fact, I don't think Carnival will let you book the kids in one room and the parents in another without booking specific cabins -- ensuring that you are together. In many cases, people have had to book one parent in each room (switching once onboard), but we Carnival has always allowed us to book our kids in their own room.

We've done 5 in a cabin on Victory; it's a bit of juggling, but we've managed. One thing we found that helped in getting ready for dinner was for DH and oldest son to go out on the balcony while the others dressed. Less people tripping over each other.

Up until our cruise last week, we always booked guarantee cabins. On Conquest and Legend, since there's a maximum of 4 in a cabin, we booked two in a balcony guarantee and three in an inside guarantee. Both times the inside guarantee was upgraded - once to an OV, the second time to a balcony - but the two cabins were not near each other. If you want the cabins close together, book specific cabins.

4 in a balcony cabin should be not problem, there will more than like ly be a king, twin & a pull out bunk for the wall, at least this is what we had on Conquest. We had no problems, there seemed to be plenty of room for us all.

If you book 2 guarantee cabins, Carnival will not guarantee they will be next to or across the hall from each other, your kids are to young to be in a cabin alone anyhow.

The real question here is who are the four people? Are there kids? Is it family? Is it four friends? Family is more doable, friends can get on each others nerves (you can scream at family). Carnival does have some balcony rooms that are actually adjoining to an inside room. You would have to request these rooms in advance, no guarantee unless you specifically book these rooms. That would be my suggestion, especially since there would be a second bathroom involved!

My husband and I have always shared a cabin with our two teenagers.

It's not as though you spend a lot of time together there except for changing and sleeping so it isn't as though your "living" elbow to elbow for a whole week. What seems to work best for us is that two people go to the cabin a half hour earlier than the other two to change and get ready for dinner, etc. After that time, the other two show up and "take over" and make the switch. It is actually nice that my husband and I then head off for a pre dinner drink and conversation together before we all gather for dinner. When the children were younger we just all stayed together. For us, mornings always worked out because I and my one son are early risers and we always had a staggering effect going on. The balcony is a wonderful place to quietly enjoy the morning sun and sea while the others are getting ready. Would not enjoy an ocean view or inside as much with 4. The evening sunset can be enjoyed the same way... two on the balcony, away from the two getting ready. :)

Enjoy !!!

We shared an oceanview cabin with our 2 teenage daughters on our first cruise and we had no problems. We also split up times for getting ready for dinner. Either we would go first and let the girls get ready (although our youngest teen would run in 15 minutes before dinner and have to hurry and scurry to get ready in time!) and then me and and the hubby would go in and get ready. It was a little crowded with 3 girls clothes and make-up and shoes but we made do, we are very close and don't fight.

We asked our girls if they wanted their own cabin on our cruise this year and our oldest said no, she liked being all together and you're not even in there that much and we also got a balcony this time! Can't wait :)

To each their own, I understand that. But I would like to add one more perspective if I may. For me, packing in like sardines and making schedules of who gets to the shower when and who has to dress out on the balcony just doesn’t sound like a vacation to me. It sounds like hard work topped with a lot of stress. We been next to those families before and there is a lot of yelling during the week.

Sally and I get a balcony cabin to enjoy a relaxing cruise on the Caribbean. We like a glass of wine as the sun goes down and a little cuddling with the moon lighting up the ships wake. I like a few moments of quiet time to read or just take a nap, any time the urge pops up. Even with our whole family, Sally and I still like to make the trip somewhat romantic, I can’t even imagine that if we are packed into one cabin.

My kids don’t enjoy those moments in the same way. We get them their own cabin where they don’t have to listen to their parent nagging them to pick up their clothes and hang the towels. They love calling room service and sleeping late. We like getting up earlier and drinking coffee and orange juice on the balcony. We all enjoy meeting at all the meals, but not stepping over each just to get ready for leaving the cabin. In fact, every time I walk in and see their version of a tidy cabin, I’m glad I have my own. All I have to do is turn around and go back to my quiet paradise view of the ships wake.

We use to get our kids an inside cabin right across from ours. But now they are at the age where two of the three are legal. They enjoy the balcony a little more, so we get two balcony rooms side by side or very close. After several family cruises, we find that a separate cabin makes my kids vacation twice as fun….. and mine too.

Just another perspective.

Have a great cruise all.

Kevin

To each their own, I understand that. But I would like to add one more perspective if I may. For me, packing in like sardines and making schedules of who gets to the shower when and who has to dress out on the balcony just doesn’t sound like a vacation to me. It sounds like hard work topped with a lot of stress. We been next to those families before and there is a lot of yelling during the week.

Sally and I get a balcony cabin to enjoy a relaxing cruise on the Caribbean. We like a glass of wine as the sun goes down and a little cuddling with the moon lighting up the ships wake. I like a few moments of quiet time to read or just take a nap, any time the urge pops up. Even with our whole family, Sally and I still like to make the trip somewhat romantic, I can’t even imagine that if we are packed into one cabin.

My kids don’t enjoy those moments in the same way. We get them their own cabin where they don’t have to listen to their parent nagging them to pick up their clothes and hang the towels. They love calling room service and sleeping late. We like getting up earlier and drinking coffee and orange juice on the balcony. We all enjoy meeting at all the meals, but not stepping over each just to get ready for leaving the cabin. In fact, every time I walk in and see their version of a tidy cabin, I’m glad I have my own. All I have to do is turn around and go back to my quiet paradise view of the ships wake.

We use to get our kids an inside cabin right across from ours. But now they are at the age where two of the three are legal. They enjoy the balcony a little more, so we get two balcony rooms side by side or very close. After several family cruises, we find that a separate cabin makes my kids vacation twice as fun….. and mine too.

Just another perspective.

Have a great cruise all.

Kevin

I agree! But we still had time for most of that too being as how we never saw our kids except for dinner time so that was really our only time together on the ship the entire cruise!

We also went to the room way earlier than them to go to bed and they came in from their midnight pizza parties and teen things around 1:30 or 2! Its also helpful when your kids are neat, they were in the room so little that my youngest didn't have time to make a mess!:rolleyes:

We may try the 2 cabin thing on the next one, depending on if this one goes anything like the first time!

Archived