The Platters on Radiance of the Seas

We were on the 2/3 sailing of Radiace. One thing our group will never forget was the Platters show. There is one remaining original Platter who looks to be in his 70's. He provides background and tells a few funny jokes. Their lead singer is without doubt one of the most incredible singers we have ever heard. They are scheduled on future RCC sailings (their schedule is on their website). I hope to hear him sing again. He should be famous on his own he is that great. If you have the chance, do to one of their shows.:) :) :)

We were on the 2/3 sailing of Radiace. One thing our group will never forget was the Platters show. There is one remaining original Platter who looks to be in his 70's. He provides background and tells a few funny jokes. Their lead singer is without doubt one of the most incredible singers we have ever heard. They are scheduled on future RCC sailings (their schedule is on their website). I hope to hear him sing again. He should be famous on his own he is that great. If you have the chance, do to one of their shows.:) :) :)

They were on our Mariner cruise, they were good!

We also saw them. Can't remember the ship. Senior moment. :(

It sure brought back some great memories. We used to see them at the Brooklyn Paramount in the 50"s with all the Rock and Roll great stars of that era.;)

EDIT:I said I saw them on the Navigator before I edited it. Got my ships mixed up. Saw the Drifters on the Navigator and the Platters on another ship. Tony Williams opened for them. ;)

The Platters had a show in Vegas two years ago with the Drifters and the Coasters. It was a good show, there are so many top performers in Vegas that it was considered a second or a third string show. I would love to see them on a cruise. A lot of the entertainment on the ship is very mediocre. We saw Charro on the Adventure, and David Brenner on the Navigator. Other than that, no one else is memorable.

The Platters were the headliners on our on our 2005 cruise, they were fantastic! At one point during the show, Herb Reed was talking to the audience when a young woman attempted to return to her front row seat without disturbing the show. Without missing a beat Herb looked down at her and said "hello darling, my name's Herb, how are you tonight? Their music is timeless.

Fantastic Group!!!! We saw them in '99 on the HORIZON while we were in Bermuda. They really put on a great show!!! The audience was on their feet and dancing in the aisles for most of the show - and their drummer was awesome!!!!!!

I hope they are on the Empress of the seas 3/26 sailing. If you are come on over to our "Roll Call" and sign up!!!

Archived