repositioning on Jewel-question about sea days

slim24usus

We are going for 16 days on the jewel, repositioning from Miami to Athens. How bored will we be for 6 days of "cruising"? Suggestions...other than read a lot?

Any expeience witht he Jewel ? How's the Atlantic in April by the way?

Bored bored bored...:( if the weather is not for swimming and you don't like scrabble or shuffleboard competitions... be prepared to bored.

After my 4th day at sea I was ready to hire a helicopter home...

CuriousCat

Ps we did the TA from Barcelona to Miami... and I usually love sea days but the CD sucks... if you are 80 yrs old you will love it. He had nothing planned for younger....

I have always felt that being bored was a good deal more internal than external. Boring people can be bored anywhere, and the reverse seems to hold true with interesting folks with plenty of internal resources.

LOVED IT

If you want to be bored you can be..... If you want to have fun you can they have something going on everyday. The seas where a tad RUFF lol but had a great time met great folks. They had a Jeopardy game of sorts which we came in second on.

This year sailing the same day you are but on the Pearl going from Miami to Vancouver. Excited hope all have a great cruise..

Sootie

We are going for 16 days on the jewel, repositioning from Miami to Athens. How bored will we be for 6 days of "cruising"? Suggestions...other than read a lot?

Any expeience witht he Jewel ? How's the Atlantic in April by the way?

I will anxiously await your review since I am booked on the repositioning cruise in October from Barcelona to Miami. I was on the Star in February and can't wait until October to sail again.

Carolyn

We did the transatlantic on the Jewel last April and we had a blast during the sea days. We slept late...ate...did the trivia games...sat out at the pool and got great tans (and didn't sweat because the weather was gorgeous!). Other than the first night leaving Miami, the seas were smooth as silk. We were never bored...just totally relaxed. We thought Paul Baya rocked as the CD when we were on the Jewel and the Officers, Staff, and Crew were beyond compare! If you want boring...go on Celebrity for 14 days anywhere...trust me...we know.

We loved this cruise so much we're doing it again this October and can't wait to have those sea days at the end.

Enjoy...you made a great choice!:)

Michele

I have always felt that being bored was a good deal more internal than external. Boring people can be bored anywhere, and the reverse seems to hold true with interesting folks with plenty of internal resources.

Very true. This question comes up alot for ocean crossings, and I think it boils down to personality types. I've taken both transatlantic and transpacific and really enjoy days and days of doing NOTHING. I relax, read a book, magazine, listen to music, watch an old movie, walk the ship, people watch, eat, excersie, relax in the hottub, eat, nap, gamble, - you get the picture.

On the otherhand, I know that my own sister would be bored to death -why? In her regular life, she is scheduled every waking moment, 24/7. She feels that sitting around doing nothing is a waste of productive time. And yes, she enjoys cruising, but even said so herself that she would never do a cruise with more than 2 days consecutive sea days - too boring.

Wow - we did the transatlantic twice. Never even thought about being bored. Drink, eat, sleep, sleep with someone, read, walk, eat, gamble, shows, movies, spa, walk, greet and meet new people, go to silly events, wow... just seems like we never got bored.

But, I guess some people might.

BORED????? isn't that whats a transatlantic cruise for. sea days! unwind, relax...it's fun to have to do "nothing".

nothing=sleep in late, order room serivce, walk around in your pj's, sleep by the pool, eat, have a martini at 3 not 5, not comb your hair, leave your cell phone at home, not have a meeting, not sit in 3 hours of "rush HOUR"..........sea days i love you. really, whats in funchal?

Wow - we did the transatlantic twice. Never even thought about being bored. Drink, eat, sleep, sleep with someone, read, walk, eat, gamble, shows, movies, spa, walk, greet and meet new people, go to silly events, wow... just seems like we never got bored.

But, I guess some people might.

I agree...gotta love those sea days...

away from the "maddening crowd"

Bored??? - I can't remember a day in my life when I was bored:confused:

Archived