Zuiderdam RSVP 2008

RMS Olympic

Just too busy working to pay for it all! Although we already do have our room booked and 1/3 paid for.... it will be here before we all know it. :)

Sure hope my neighbors get 2 fruit and cheese plates again... ;)

Mark of M&D

Just too busy working to pay for it all! Although we already do have our room booked and 1/3 paid for.... it will be here before we all know it. :)

Sure hope my neighbors get 2 fruit and cheese plates again... ;)

Mark of M&D

Looking forward to seeing you boys in 212 days. Now that the countdown clocks are working again we can keep track.

Hello all:

I have not had the quiet summer I thought I would... Ralph and I spent a week in P'Town a few weeks back for "Bear Week"...it was a nice trip... but generally I prefer to be on the water rather than staring at it. :) And I have been running a summer program at school... Ralph is off to South Africa this weekend for his annual family safari - wish I didn't have to work! OUr friends Matt & Bill, who were with us on CP are going to be on the Med Cruise - again, I wish I didn't have to work! :)

I've read and heard the rumors about RSVP getting some big cash infusion - hope it's true, although I wasn't really worried about our cruise.

One of my professors was on on the QM2 with his partner and had a blast (as did my friend Matt).

With the fall semester that I will have - I will be so ready for our next Caribbean adventure!

Hope all are well!

Matt

Hi everyone!

Summer is going too fast (this is especially meaningful for us northerners!), but then I am also looking forward to Penn State football!

Bob & I spent a wonderful 4th of July week vacationing in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. We love it there and would like to retire there someday. We were pleasantly surprised to be in the Blue Moon Bar during happy hour and turn to see Mike & Gary from Arlington, VA. We had a nice little chat, but alas our paths never crossed again the rest of the week. Hope you guys had a nice time!

This past weekend Bob & I did something we never did before. We went camping at Jones Pond, a gay campground in Angelica NY. Our two friends Jeff & Sean have a camper, but the two of us "roughed it" by staying in the guest house. The weekend was like a mini-cruise (without the ocean, wait staff, and tropical breezes). It was Las Vegas theme weekend, and so both nights there were dances complete with costumes, and even gambling and a buffet on Saturday night! We had a great time and would like to go back again. There were some guys from Canada staying in the guest house that are going on the upcoming Atlantis cruise in September.

Hello all:

I've read and heard the rumors about RSVP getting some big cash infusion - hope it's true, although I wasn't really worried about our cruise.

Matt

I don't know how long 27 million will last. I would guess they are going to need more as time goes on.

Hey Peter and Richard,

It would be a blast to join you on the Alaska cruise but as it turns out, we'll be one week behind you on The Pearl with our families. Have fun and don't tear up Ketchikan too much! :) (or however you spell that) :)

Mark of M&D

Hey Peter and Richard,

It would be a blast to join you on the Alaska cruise but as it turns out, we'll be one week behind you on The Pearl with our families. Have fun and don't tear up Ketchikan too much! :) (or however you spell that) :)

Mark of M&D

Too bad we will be like two ships passing in the dark. Very similar itineraries, I see. Have fun anyway.

Jim here. Summer is flying by. We just got back from Seattle (Olympic Peninsula) Back out September 6 for Alaska Gold Rush. Hope to see you Peter and Richard. I met you at the meet and greet on Caribbean Princess. Will have the other half with me this time for sure.

Jim here. Summer is flying by. We just got back from Seattle (Olympic Peninsula) Back out September 6 for Alaska Gold Rush. Hope to see you Peter and Richard. I met you at the meet and greet on Caribbean Princess. Will have the other half with me this time for sure.

We can have a little Caribbean reunion. Perhaps throw on the sarongs while everyone else is in flannels and jeans. :)

:D Hey all, just checking in. Spoke to Richard this morning and it reminded me of the boards. All is well here in FL... NEED another cruise. Looking for one now, just a short one to get away.

:D Hey all, just checking in. Spoke to Richard this morning and it reminded me of the boards. All is well here in FL... NEED another cruise. Looking for one now, just a short one to get away.

You spoke to Richard?? :eek: Which one?

Well, last night we used our Capital One points to purchase our flight for the cruise! We fly out of Pittsburgh on Friday a.m. Feb. 22 on US Air. Now we need to arrange for a hotel for that night in Ft. Lauderdale. Where did everyone else stay last year?

For a one night stay, you'll probably be booking a mainstream hotel. It depends on what you want to spend. Embassy Suites is probably the best deal, it's near the port and features a cooked breakfast and cocktail hour.

If your looking for bargain basement, there are many choices. Shop Hotels.com or Priceline.

Archived