Junior Suite Vs. Balcony on Freedom of the Seas

I was thinking about booking a Junior Suite next Easter vacation on the Freedom of the Seas as a surprise for my daughter on Freedom of the Seas. We have always had a balcony room on deck 7. Is it worth the extra money? Tell me your thoughts about Junior Suites, never stayed in one before. Looking for your input, thanks!

The JS have balconies and lots more room. We will have one on our upcoming cruise on Freedom. On our sailing it was 1K more than the balcony rooms. But we are sailing with 11 people and thought that have one cabin with extra room would be nice. :)

The JS have balconies and lots more room. We will have one on our upcoming cruise on Freedom. On our sailing it was 1K more than the balcony rooms. But we are sailing with 11 people and thought that have one cabin with extra room would be nice. :)

Let me know how you like the JS, I welcome your thoughts. Thanks!

Wow, the Junior Suites are not that big!:p

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

:D

It was that walk in closet that sold us. Our kids will be putting their empty luggage in there to free up space in the smaller cabins.

The JS should be large enough that a people can step out of the hall!

Really, we just wanted to show off to the kids! ;)

You will love the Junior Suite. We always enjoyed the D-1's we stayed in, but were "jealous" with our friends' JS on the last cruise we went on. Sounds like you have a good plan going there.

I have never stayed in a Junior Suite yet, but from the one's I've seen, it is worth it, if you can swing it.

You will love the Junior Suite. We always enjoyed the D-1's we stayed in, but were "jealous" with our friends' JS on the last cruise we went on. Sounds like you have a good plan going there.

I have never stayed in a Junior Suite yet, but from the one's I've seen, it is worth it, if you can swing it.

OK, I'll start saving now, lol :p . I think if I can do it, I won't tell my daughter about getting the JS. I'll definitely just surprise her. I think I'll check the JS on AOS next month too. Thanks!

:D

It was that walk in closet that sold us. Our kids will be putting their empty luggage in there to free up space in the smaller cabins.

The JS should be large enough that a people can step out of the hall!

Really, we just wanted to show off to the kids! ;)

We've never had a problem storing our empty suitcases under the bed, just a thought for you. Although I would upgrade if you can, the extra square feet on the balcony alone will be great for you!

We have stayed in both on the Freedom and, while we enjoyed the extra space and larger bathroom, I'm not sure I would pay an extra $1,000 for the JS. If the price difference were a bit less, I would definitely go for the JS, but there is a limit to how much extra I would be willing to pay, and that limit is less than $1k.:)

We have stayed in both on the Freedom and, while we enjoyed the extra space and larger bathroom, I'm not sure I would pay an extra $1,000 for the JS. If the price difference were a bit less, I would definitely go for the JS, but there is a limit to how much extra I would be willing to pay, and that limit is less than $1k.:)

It was the 2 cruise credits that made it a no brainer for us. We are trying to get that Diamond status before we cruise to Hawaii. :D

Also, DH really likes the extra space and I love the larger balcony. I guess it comes down to what you want out of your vacation.

OK so I will get 2 cruises point for a JS instead of 1, that's good. Bigger balcony and bathtub, hmmmm interesting. I think I'll stop by and see what a JS looks like on our upcoming AOS cruise next month to see if it's worth it. Thanks for all your opinions, it's greatly appreciated. Happy cruising!

The junior suite puts you one step closer to Diamond.

Bill, I have seen many of your posts on CC and I just wanted to tell you I always enjoy them. You are very honest and upfront, never mean like some of the posters. Thanks for all your kind words. Stay warm, healthy in Ohio! Anne

The JS cabins are very nice and IMHO worth the extra money. Even a $1000.00. I like having the bathtub, walk in closet for storing luggage, larger balcony and the Freedom has balconies that are wider than the Voyager class ships. Also take into effect that you get two cruise credits helps you reach Diamond that much quicker. :)

Archived