Firefox and Princess

Ephraim

Is it just me or are other people having trouble using Firefox on the Princess website. (And no, I really don't want to have a discussion about using IE instead, or comparing the two, I just want to know if others are having trouble seeing Princess' website.)

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.2 on MS Windows XP

Is it just me or are other people having trouble using Firefox on the Princess website. (And no, I really don't want to have a discussion about using IE instead, or comparing the two, I just want to know if others are having trouble seeing Princess' website.)

We also use Firefox, not sure what version. I was able to just now print all our documents for our upcoming cruise and did not have any problems and have not had any problems viewing the site either.

I pretty much only use firefox, and I haven't had any problems with the Princess website. Not sure if you mean recently, but last month, booked our excursions printed the itinary. I think you get the point :)

Yes, lately when I try to login to the Cruise Personalizer it just keeps reloading the page over and over and giving me an error that my login information was incorrect. I open it in MSIE and it works like it should... so it's not just catching it at the wrong time. It has happened about the last three times I've tried.

The only add-on that I'm using is AdBlock Plus. I just turned it off for Princess' website and it appears to be the culprit. Odd though, since they don't have ads to block.

Funny part is that I'm running Firefox on 4 different PCs in the house and all of them have AdBlock Plus. But only two of the PCs have that problem. Very odd!

AdBlock Plus appears to be blocking one URL from their site (I changed it to hxxp, so it doesn't hyperlink):

hxxp://princessmain.112.2o7.net/b/ss/princessmain/1/G.6-Pd-R/s668271597686?[AQB]&ndh=1&t=7/2/2007%207%3A22%3A33%203%20300&pageName=Home%20-%20Princess%20Cruises&ch=Miscellaneous&g=http%3A//www.princess.com/&s=1280x1024&c=32&j=1.3&v=Y&k=Y&bw=964&bh=799&p=Mozilla%20Default%20Plug-in%3BDivX%20Player%20Netscape%20Plugin%3BDivX%AE%20Web%20Player%3BQuickTime%20Plug-in%207.0.3%3BRealPlayer%28tm%29%20G2%20LiveConnect-Enabled%20Plug-In%20%2832-bit%29%20%3BRealPlayer%20Version%20Plugin%3BShockwave%20Flash%3BVLC%20Multimedia%20Plugin%3BJava%28TM%29%202%20Platform%20Standard%20Edition%205.0%20Update%2010%3BWindows%20Media%20Player%20Plug-in%20Dynamic%20Link%20Library%3BMicrosoft%AE%20DRM%3B&[AQE]

Firefox 1.5.X on an Intel iMac with no problems right now

Firefox 2.0.x on an IBM laptop with no problems (as of yesterday)

Both have Adblock on. Something on this site is being blocked, but otherwise it seems normal.

FF 2.0.0.2 here and no problems. Princess is actuall the best coded site of the popular cruise lines.

Based on the screen capture you posted there is a problem with the page rendering. It could ba number of things, a virus, spyware, corrupted install of FF.

Have you tired clearing your cache and history? That should be your first step.

As a web designer, I commend all of you that are using FF. It is the defacto standard of those in my industry.

I gave up on the Adblock a year ago. I was having all sorts of problems and figured out it was the culprit. Hopefully the developers will keep improving it but for now I'm putting up with banner ads.

I gave up on the Adblock a year ago. I was having all sorts of problems and figured out it was the culprit. Hopefully the developers will keep improving it but for now I'm putting up with banner ads.

Norton Firewall, you'll never see a banner ad again

Yes, lately when I try to login to the Cruise Personalizer it just keeps reloading the page over and over and giving me an error that my login information was incorrect. I open it in MSIE and it works like it should... so it's not just catching it at the wrong time. It has happened about the last three times I've tried.

Wendi, I had this problem once with the Princess web site, and it turned out to be because I had disabled all cookies. Check your settings under "Tools --> Options --> Privacy". If you don't allow cookies in general, you can put princess.com on the exception list.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.2 for everything except sites that need very IE specific features and it's working great, including the Princess web sites.

Archived