Just back from Freedom today

Flyby

Did you feel any motion?:eek:

Did you happen to have a Aft cabin? We have aft JS booked for 3/25/07

Did you feel there were to many people on sea days?

How was the overall experience? great/good/bad:rolleyes:

Thanks, Julie

The formal nights were the 2nd night after the day at sea and the day on Labadee.

No one got sick in our group (10 people)

There was a little motion on some days but not very bad. The first 2 days were pretty windy but otherwise great.

Our cabin was on the 10th floor, forward

I never felt that the ship was crowded. At the windjammer we could always get a seat with no problem and the pools or decks always had chairs. ( I think we were about 400 people short of the capacity though)

The experience was GREAT!! It was a beautiful ship, excellent crew. The best cruise I have been on. We have been on 6 so far!!!

The cruise director was James Andrews

Any more questions???

Thanks for the info. A few more...

On deck 10, did you hear noise from above?

How did the tendering go, long waits?

Were you sailing with children - if so did they have fun?

Did you notice a lot of unruly behavior, ie from too much drinking?

On another ship, folks were complaining about spring breakers throwing up in the pool - hope that doesn't happen on the Freedom!

Thanks!

last October with 3000 folks for a C member cruise, but a week just isn't long enough to really enoy her. I want a 2 week TA or something with sea days so we can get out there & enjoy her. Since Liberty is British ported, I am hoping for a TA on her at a bargain!

We did not hear any noise on deck 10, our room was very quiet.

As far as tendering, we never got off on the 1st tender so the waits were not bad. In Grand Caymen we had to wait a little while because the seas were rough and the tenders had to go slower but still it wasn't bad. They are pretty efficient

We did not travel with kids. There didn't seem to be too many on board this trip. Your kids will love the H2O zone though :)

No unruly behavior. I think we were a week early for Spring break according to what our waiters said.

Did you happen to eat at the alternative restaurants? Which one (s) and would you recommend?

Who was the big entertainer for the week?

When did you arrive at the Pier and when did you actually get on the ship?

Same question for disembarking at the end?

THANKS!

We did not eat at any of the alternative restaurants. The food in the dining room was the best I have had on any cruise so far!!

I am not sure about the big entertainer. There was a really good magician and a comedian but I forget his name.

We arrived at the pier around 11am and got on the ship at 1230 because there was a delay with the previous cruise clearing customs, otherwise I think we could have gotten on by 12 at the latest.

Leaving we did the early departure with no checked bags and were off the ship and on the way to the airport at 620am It was a very easy debarkation!!

last October with 3000 folks for a C member cruise, but a week just isn't long enough to really enoy her. I want a 2 week TA or something with sea days so we can get out there & enjoy her. Since Liberty is British ported, I am hoping for a TA on her at a bargain!

You mean Independence is British ported?

Just got off the Freedom yesterday also. Sitting here looking at my compasses.

The second formal night is on Thursday, Jamaica.

The Comedians on board were Jimmy Carroll and Rondell Sheridan. I didn't see Jimmy, but Rondell had one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Any other questions that might be contained in the Compass I will try and answer later this evening.

We docked in Cozumel and Montego bay. We tendered in Labadee and Grand Caymen.

In cozmel we just got off and went shopping right around the port. Montego bay the same.

In Grand Caymen, we walked around right by the port and went shopping (great shopping but very crowded? Then we took a cab $5 per person each way, down to 7 mile beach. They drop you off at a place where there is a bar and bathrooms. You can rent chairs and rafts at an additional cost as well. That beach was very crowded too. I think there were 5 ships in port that day. It was really nice there though :)

Labadee of course we just got off and laid on the beach. This is one of the most beautiful places on earth in my opinion. They provide chairs and have some hammocks.

Can you tell me anything about the Jade Buffet? Is it in the same place as the Windjammer? What type of food did they serve? I thought I read on another thread that the Jade cost extra on another RCCL class ship. How about on the Freedom?

Thanks!

The Jade buffet is in the same place as the Windjammer. There is no extra charge. They serve a lot of asian food, soups, etc. Breakfast there is pretty much the same, hashbrowns, omlets, fruit. It is the same kind of food but with an asian flair to it.

Archived