Can I bring soft drinks onboard?

tripman

I'm terribly worried to post this, because I feel like this could be one of those hot topics. So PLEASE don't take it as such and hopefully I will only get honest answers, not opinions on what is wrong with the world. This is not even for me, my parents are going on a cruise soon and would be happy as can be to purchase the drink cards, however they are hopelessly addicted to Pepsi products, and none of the major lines offer it. So they asked me what the deal is with bringing soft drinks (soft drinks only, no alcohol at all) in a suitcase. Is it ok to do so? None of the cruiseship literature says otherwise. They certainly don't want to break any rules, and really want to know what is appropriate and what will happen if they do.

Thanks.

Again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if this IS one of those hot topics and you get ticked off over my post, I apologize in advance.

The only time I had a problem was the one time I didn't bother to wrap the soft drinks in plastic. They managed to crush one of the cans and drench the suitcase. :mad: Fortunately I could wash the suitcase in the shower and dry it on the balcony.

Bodger

We always bring on a 12 pack of diet pepsi caffine free. I buy a soda card for my husband but at night the caffine is a killer, so he will have his own soda then. We bring it on in our carry on and never had a problem. Pat

JUst got off the Millennium on Sunday. I brought a 12 pack of Diet Coke cans on in my carryon without any problems. If you are arriving a day early, pick up the Pepsi at Walgreens or other store before you board. The rules say no alcohol to be brought on, but nothing about soda.

We usually bring 12-paks aboard in Walgreen's bags stacked on top of our rolling totes (how classy and tasteful).:rolleyes: No problem. DH is a Diet Coke addict but doctor now has him totally without caffeine. Although they did have some caffeine-free Diet Coke onboard, it was hard to find. Easier to have our own stash.:D

I have never had a problem bringing canned or plastic bottles of Coke on the ship. I usually just buy a 12 pack before I board the ship, and then restock when we dock. Never had a problem getting thru scanners, etc. when we boarded. Works great........no problem.

We used to bring a 2 6-packs (plastic bottles) of diet coke and a 6-pack of bottled water from home! Yes, we checked it in a duffle bag on the plane. (However, this was before the stricter rules concerning liquids on the plane -- but I think it is still okay to check the bottles, just not carry them on.) Only once did we have a small leak in one of the water bottles. No problem getting onto the ship. After the cruise we would use the duffle bag for all of our dirty laundry!

It's perfectly fine to carry cases of pop on with you. They don't mind at all. However, I HIGHLY recommend bringing them on with you as carry on. One time I had a few extra cans and I wrapped them up very well and placed them in my suitcase - I ended up with a bunch of sticky clothes! :( haha

So definitely take them on as carry on, then you can store them in the mini fridge in your room.

I second and third the packing tips. My 12 pack of soda came back as a bunch of mangled and dented cans, and it was in a semi hard suitcase. Luckily, none broke.

It is kind of scary how they handle luggage.

Archived