Good policies enforced by Princess????

beachnative

I just read a thread about the annoying things that people do. How about a list of all those good policies and practices that are in place on the Princess Cruise line? We observed many and believe that there must be others that went unnoticed by us.

My favorite: Rather than allow a group to detain a tender by causing it to have to wait for the family member that is "on his/her way" they give a boarding ticket to ONLY the person present. I had to smile when a group of 4 men and one child had to get out of line because their wives and other children hadn't made it to the tender-ticket distribution point.

I really liked it in the Horizon Court when they would not hand you a plate and silverware unless they saw you use the hand sanitizer.

We also used it before we left the buffet line.

A policy we recently loved was allowing pax who wanted to carry off all thier own bagge to leave the ship early, it made for a very quick trip through the now over burdened customs and no worries at the Airport.

Would just say thank you to the Princess regulars..........as a first time Princess cruiser.......this thread has been very helpful.

Jim

Definitely the POOL POLICE. In March/April on the Sun Princess they had staff keeping their eyes on pool chairs. When someone came and would place books or towels on several chairs to save them, they were right behind them picking them up. Wonderful.....................love it love it!

Checking ID's at the door at Skywalker's. I saw them turn so many kids down it was great. There are also two staircases inside that lead into Skywalker's on the inside, I think it was no coincidence that the crew members that were off tended to hang out around these stairs. :)

It was a nice experience as compared to Carnival, where there would be masses of 14-17 year olds running around and making it more like a playground than a club.

Sydney, what is the admission policy for Skywalker's? We're cruising with our (by then) 18-year-old niece next June and we wanted to know if she'll be able to get in.

Thanks!

Tom-n-Jules - Your 18 year old niece should have no problem getting into Skywalkers. 18 years and older are permitted..but make sure she has some form of ID. :)

Owen,

What ship were you on that had a hand sanitizer? I love that idea. I always carry a bottle of Purell with me and use it before and after every meal.

Hi Cactusrose..I'm not Owen, but I can answer that question as well. I was on the Diamond Princess (I see that you are going on the Diamond in November--great ship!!) and they had the hand sanitizer in the Horizon court. There is a crew member standing by the plates/silverware making sure that everyone uses the hand sanitizer before getting food. :)

We were told that the cruise before ours had a virus outbreak and so they put in the hand sanitizers, but by the time we boarded, they had all been removed:(

I think if there is illness onboard they put them in, but remove them if the virus stops. Kind of silly if you ask me. If they had them there all of the time, it might help stop the virus outbreaks onboard.

I have a feeling that it has become policy to have the auto-hand sanitizers in the Horizon Court. They are operated like those no-touch sinks in modern public restrooms. You put you hads under the nozzle, it gives a quick spray, and then you wipe it in; it smells nice, too! It made me feel alot better about touching the serving utensils, and I'm not even a germophobe. :p

I read something that you should take hand wipes with you. Avoid using Public toilets and sinks if possible and not use the handrails on stairways. The article said that, most people pick up the germs in public areas. Where people tend to not properly wash their hands, sneeze or cough and who knows how sanitary some of these people are. My understanding of the article was just use extra caution and wash hands often or use handiwipes. Now I take a package of handiwipes with me. I also keep the little freebes from restaurants when I know I will be travelling in near future.

Debbie

We were on the Sapphire. I always keep a pocket size bottle of hand sanitizer with me, but was grateful to see the auto sanitizers at Horizon Court.

We tried not to touch hand rails a lot, and used the bottles during excursions.

I'm not a germaphobe, but you have to be realistic, and protect yourself if you can.

Archived